[Suggestion] BRs and scout rifles need another buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lolki, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Lolki

Since we're doing weapon tweaks in GU8 I should point out that Battle and scout rifles are still awful weapons. SOE buffed the recoil on them last time so it doesn't seem like they know what is actually wrong with them. The problem is their ACCURACY.

These rifles have an aimed accuracy of 0.1 which makes them less accurate than automatic weapons like the pulsar c or merc. I'd suggest improving the aimed accuracy to 0 to put them on par with the gauss saw. It's just silly that a semi-automatic battle rifle is less accurate than an automatic LMG or carbine.
    • Up x 3
  2. Blarg20011

Agreed, they could also use a reduction in bullet drop.
  3. Skippytjc

100% of all head shots from a RAMS 50 should one shot kills. They aren't.
  4. Blarg20011

And what does that have to do with.. anything?
  5. Skippytjc

Joe
  6. SgtScum

Dunno. If they had better accuracy at extreme range it would put them into direct competition with sniper rifles.

On the other hand another slight buff to damage at range would be nice especially as more players cert into nanoweave which at 2 will keep them alive with a sliver of health even with a headshot from a bolt action.
  7. Angry Scientist

Glad I'm not the only one. I really tried using one after their buff, with all sorts of scopes and the like. It's just...a little lacking. I think it's the damage, or their fire rate needs to go up. The velocity seems pretty decent, actually, given what it's meant for, but it's still pretty pointless trying use it.

At long range, the enemy frequently escapes due to the damage falloff and the drop calculations you have to do. At close range, they burn you to a crisp since you need to land 5 bodyshots (!!!) in order to kill them. If a heavy pops their shield, you're done. Winning at that point is up to his terrible aim and no amount of headshots can save you.

While increasing their damage up a little might infringe them on the infiltrator scout rifles, there isn't much else you can do with them. Their accuracy is decent, if flinch can throw your aim off, and they really DO need 0 COF. It's a precision weapon, why would I be missing?

I suggest some of the following:
    Increase damage to 300, so as to give it a little more power while not throwing it into infiltrator territory.
    Give it the 0 stationary ADS COF it deserves.
    Buff its accuracy while strafing and aiming down the sights.

The weapon is about precision, and all of its traits should reflect that. If the rifle put the shots where I wanted them to, always, the damage wouldn't be an issue.
  8. Zeke342

I've been using the Artemis alot lately, and the only problem I have with it is the lack of ammo and the unreasonable reload time. I frequently go 2+K/D with it lately. (See my other thread here.. discussion didn't really go anywhere with it. There is simply a lack of interest in the battle/scout rifles. http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...he-topic-of-scout-rifles.118796/#post-1612127)

It outclasses the 1st SMGs at medium range (not at all at close range) and at almost no range will it outclass the second round of SMGs simply because the gun is not forgiving with it's lack of ammo. I think around 40 rounds would be the appropriate amount to make the gun more balanced.. along with cutting the reload speed by around 25%. The hipfire accuracy is also nothing worth attempting to use unless you get the laser sight.. the CoF just spreads too wide too fast.

The other Scout rifle.. I never had a problem using. It is better than the Phantom in almost every way aside from damage. Why they both co-exist in this game is hard to understand.

The battlerifle... still sucks hard.

The entire design of the battle rifle is useless... it needs to get reworked and turned into a GOOD burst rifle (not anything like any of the current burst fire weapon in the game). It would need a high fire rate, medium-high accuracy (useable at atleast 50m accurately), and it would need VERY high hipefire accuracy.
  9. Tnsr

Things that must be changed on the semi automatic rifles were given.
    SOE doesn't hear and buffs them in a way that shows they don't test their weapons and really don't know what's wrong.
    Read the ******* feedback and suggestions to the semis, SOE. You are awful at balancing.
  10. Syphers

Buff the 2 top tier bolt action rifles or at least the .50 to OHK. Or at least make it so that headshots on moving targets with nanoweave are OHK nonetheless, even though it would be a bit wierd landing it on moving targets is feat of skill yet 50% of the time people wear nanoweave and more will as time goes on.
  11. spoono

12. Tanelorn

Current BR issues that I take issue with:
    1. What should be the default velocity is only available with the HV ammo cert.
    2. Aimpoint is set at 0m, requiring you to ALWAYS aim above the target.

The recent changes made the BR far more useful, but they didn't fix the biggest issues. BRs were good in general before, with exception of the two huge problems above.
  13. Lolki

Also a good point, the projectile speed for battle rifles is slower than all carbines. Again this doesn't make sense for a supposedly long range weapon.
  14. Doc Jim

And now 6x scopes got sway...
    Fair enough, but my AMR-66 still goes from 250 to 200 in 65 metres, which is ridiculously low damage for a semi and a faster damage dropoff than for carbines.
    SOE, your job improving battlerifles is not complete, get back on it.