I Don't Understand Mattherson TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoctD, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Vertabrae

It's simple. For many TR players, the fight is all that matters. Personally I could care less about territory. I rarely use anything that requires resources, aside from medkits, and I have a ton of those stacked up.

If someone takes a base after I leave, good for them. I have more fun attacking than I do defending anyways. I don't really care about the "big picture" in game, long as I have targets around I'm happy.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mr. Troffleops

Woa dude, you do realize that all of 3 people who play this game have ANY idea what the Fox and Sour grapes story is?

:\
  3. SgtScum

Probably, but its still the perfect comparison. :p

Taking and holding territory promotes fights. The closer you have your enemy bottled up in his warp gate the more concentrated the fighting is going to be and the more certs you can farm.
  4. thrikerr

Keep trying to convince yourself that capturing territory means something. There's a reason why Buzz has had the most popular PS2 stream since release, and why he actually brings plenty of new players into this game.

Which would you rather watch? A bunch of guys running around a ghost town flipping capture points for hours, or a bunch of guys holding off an army with rockets and tanks and gunships and explosions everywhere? Which would you rather play? I fail to see how you can possibly have fun sitting on your *** for 10 minutes inside an empty tech plant, just for the meaningless "territory control" it gives you.
    • Up x 1
  5. SgtScum

Because he is an awful homophobic juvenile delinquent drivel spewing smacktard whose stream appeals to the other delinquents?

I'd rather not watch any of it. I'm too busy rolling with territory taking outfits that get in fights constantly.

We sometimes camp a base but only if it has the potential of drawing in a zerg outfit to farm like aod or te.

Quite frankly we rarely ever cap empty bases unless its on a chain to get to the good fights at the bases closer to the enemy warpgates.

Somehow I think you are confusing zerg platoons ghost capping with organized outfit play that has a purpose to its attacks.
    • Up x 2
  6. Vertabrae

7. SgtScum

Hate? Why would I hate him? Do you hate little kids acting like little kids and being jerks or just ignore them knowing they are simply little kids?

I can't speak for other outfits but the ones I roll with don't wait around for a fight.

We engineer the fight on our terms which outfits like yours reliably do all the time to feed our cert grinder.

Last time at camp connery buzzy and the zergfit allowed me to break 200 certs an hour.

Thanks! :)
  8. Effect

Biolabs are fun specifically because vehicles have very little purpose other then securing the outside of the facility. Wish every base was like that.
  9. Vertabrae

10. Rockit

You mean like every base did in this game's predecessor? What a concept!
  11. Vertabrae

I never played PS1. So vehicles played no role once you entered the base?
  12. Rockit

None! Well I mean obviously you had the AMS outside but that was it.
  13. Vertabrae

Sweet. I do wish more PS2 bases were like that.
  14. SgtScum

Same. I always imagine them looking much like your sig image tbh. :p

How did you come to that conclusion?
  15. Hoffburger

TE is a broken record on this matter, always saying that certs and fights are all that matters. What is the point of certs and "fighting" if you just want to sit in a biolab all day until someone finally caps everything else and boots you out to lock the continent? Are yall only playing for K/D? Is TE full of the new generation console kiddie gamers that only care about K/D? That would certaibly explain why it is so easy to steamroll them and why Mattherson TR are always last in territory. I feel sorry for yall TR, hopefully BWC and AoD can get more numbers because they have good tactics and players, just not enough of them. The whole lolololol territory doesn't matter horse is long dead and buried, find another excuse why the biggest outfit on the server is basically useless at taking and holding territory.
  16. CoffeeBreak

Okay I have no problem with TE but through all the weird trash talking I'm starting to think you guys aren't aware of what your ops look like from the other side...

Judging by the trash talk I'm assuming you guys think you're zerging and defeating huge enemy opposition at the bases you attack....you're really not. I've noticed this month after month and I'm wondering if you guys aren't actually trash talking but it's some kind of inside joke.

Most of the places you guys attack with multiple platoons have a couple squads and a platoon at most...usually less. One night there were about 10 of us taking Rashnu and 100 TE run in to defend spamming chat with how much they're gonna stomp us, how terrible we all are, and how we suck at life and we're like, "WTH....do they even realize they used a zerg for 10 people?" The trash talking continued and most of us shrugged and redeployed. "well i guess they REALLY want it." Just last night TE ignored the entire VS force in favor of doing a Galaxy drop on Mao while it was empty because the VS were fighting the NC. Then they proceeded to talk **** to the 20 dudes that tried to defend against the multiple platoons worth of maxes you guys crammed inside.

I don't know really, I know you guys have some interesting, creative tactics but I think some of you are getting alittle caught up in your own hype.
    • Up x 3
  17. TeknoBug

I'm not about taking territory anymore, I'm about logging on and finding a fight and logging off when the fight clears out. I'll stay on longer once they add metagames.
  18. Hoffburger

TE gets maybe 200 viewers at most, half of which are probably TE, hardly anything to write home about. Infantry isnt the only entertaining thing in this game anyways. Next excuse please?
    • Up x 1
  19. NoctD

I see he's managed to brainwash a ton of people to do his every bidding and think the way he thinks.

TE and BCP are the heart of what's wrong with Mattherson TR. But I have no issues personally with TE or BCP - I'll gladly leave... SOE just needs to give us transfer tokens already. I never wanted to be on Mattherson and never created my character there to begin with. This part is all SOE's fault and their failure to deliver on tokens that were promised "soon" after the merges.

If anyone wants a totally infantry centric faction that doesn't care too much for vehicles in the game except using them to spam their infantry to the location they want to be at, then you should definitely look at Mattherson TR, and joining TE.
  20. Yetskii

TE is so predictable. They are all in one HEX 90% of the time, trying to steam roll across the continent.

They push up far in their Mob Rules mega Zerg capping everything in their path. We grab a squad or 2 , we cap around them , cutting them off. They send 2 platoons to take bases around them back, lose the base they are fighting at on the front because they are now outnumbered, because they sent 2 platoons for a couple squads.

Rinse and repeat all night.

TE is too predictable.
    • Up x 4