I Don't Understand Mattherson TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoctD, Apr 29, 2013.

1. NoctD

Each and every day you guys manage to find yet another stupid bio-lab to camp. If I look around the map tonight its Mani, Andvari and Ikanam. We just lost Eisa cause all you guys were too busy in your bio-lab orgies.

Seriously - play the game already, and quit it with the stupid bio-lab farms!
  2. Halcyon

Yesterday they did the infamous TR operation "Occupy The Crown".
    Meanwhile they lost all their other territory.

Ty crown, you keep most of the TR stupid! :)
  3. EnviousCipher

Depends on which TR you're talking about, Badgers at least give playing the game a shot.
    • Up x 2
  4. Littleman

I think it's reasonable that the whole territory land grab portion of the game seems less and less meaningful as the new lane system draws ever closer. I know I'm feeling quite indifferent to back cappers, and I actually respond to them as long as the odds aren't horrifically off balance.
  5. WyrdHarper

There are people who do things like this on every faction. Regardless, it's a game; everyone has a different idea of what is fun for them. There are also plenty of TR (and NC, and VS) who enjoy more interesting fights. Hopefully the lattice will help connect the more interesting fights so people pass less often like trains in the night.

If you're getting this worked up about a game, you might want to go do something else for awhile. Enemy factions aren't evil villains out to ruin your day; they are just trying to have fun, same as you. The best way to get people out of fights you don't like is to go out and get fights started in other places.
  6. Singed

Yep, TR are also the only ones who camp spawns, zerg with tanks, and abuse OP pump shotguns.
    Source: VS and NC
    • Up x 6
  7. LT_Latency

Land means nothing.

Spend the night driving around to empty nodes to increase land that does nothing or spend the night in glorious combat.

I choose you massive battle. I choose you!!!
    • Up x 2
  8. NoctD

It doesn't matter, you guys aren't numerous enough to shift the tide... SolTech TR had some sense on how to play the game, but we're far too few compared to the original Mattherson TR outfits consuming up our continent pop caps and not playing the metagame at all.

Can't wait for the server transfer token - I'm gone the first day it comes out. I play on 3 other servers with alts these days more than I do my TR main... and 2 of the 3 are on factions that are totally on their game with the big picture strategy... Waterson Vanu and Miller TR are far better factions to play with/for than Mattherson TR. The Helios NC are a mixed bag, but at least they don't utterly camp/zerg in one single spot on the map with most of the continent pop.
  9. Poolson

The crown saps the intelligence of every living being, TR or not. It's a house to a invisible brain eating octopus.

"Throw yourself into the grinder for the defenders to farm, for the off-chance that you too may be able to farm people as you were farmed for the past twenty minutes."
    • Up x 1
  10. thrikerr

lol, you said metagame

you strike me as the kind of person who would stop playing this game when the lattice comes out. you don't sound like you enjoy fights very much.
    • Up x 1
  11. NoctD

Fights are great when there's variety. When you have 80% of your faction's continent pop just about in a single location though, its just silly stupid.

And these fights that they make out in bio-labs turn into all infantry affairs. You don't even get glorious tank and air fights. By far, Mattherson TR are the most infantry-centric faction I've seen across many different servers I play on. Thus why they seem to cluster themselves into the confines of a bio-lab bubble where only infantry matters.

Edit - you're TE... you must know exactly what I'm talking about!
  12. DrEvilPenguin

I'm TE as well. I have no idea what you're talking about. We don't get entrenched in one place for too long. We have an air division that we can call on demand during ops. We fight in all sorts of environments - open fields, biolabs, tech plants, etc. My experience with Mattherson TE is that it has a varied and fun combat outfit.

Why would we pull mass tanks? They're fat, slow, made of paper, and just generally unreliable.

Why would we pull mass air? When a person crashes or get shot down, they have to wait a certain amount of time before they can fly again - that down pilot is then bored. Air should (and is as of now) be used as only a support element to infantry.

Infantry is just easy, cheap, and keeps everyone active.
    • Up x 2
  13. Holomang

Logic has no place in a TE flame session.

Kindly see your way out.
  14. {joer

Be nice if you helped cap a continent or something now and then ;)
  15. DrEvilPenguin

Why?
  16. Phrygen

Mostly the effects of having a certain TR outfit on the server. No matter how much they win in one territory, rest of the territories TR hold are doomed to fall in most situations. Excessive force in one place leaves the rest of the continent weak. Especially due to a rather conspicuous lack of command chat usage by said outfit.

Supposedly there is a belief that lattice will make things better for TR on Mattherson, but i have my doubts.

Regardless, its far easier to farm kills next to ones warpgate than close to the enemies warp gate.... so it works out fine.

Edit: also, mattherson is a great reason for the devs not to release the xfer tokens. If they did it now, there would be a huge exodus of TR... I could just see the NC/VS taunts... followed by rage that their server was now a 2 faction server.
  17. {joer

Exactly why TE is bad for the faction. Zerglings.
    • Up x 1
  18. DrEvilPenguin

You still haven't answered my question. Why should anyone go out and seek to capture territory?
    • Up x 2
  19. Mr. Troffleops

Im with DrEvilPenguin, capturing territory is pointless. All you little couch generals who obsess over ghost capping for a measly 10% discount for a whopping ten minutes are just sad. This game has nothing resembling a metagame, its far more enjoyable to just jump from big battle to big battle.

Alot more cert-effective as well, you get certs for doing things, you get 1 cert for ghost capping. Woo.

All you little couch generals make me sad. Its like... do you even have fun while playing? Or do you just sit around at empty bases so our faction can get a worthless cont lock?

*EDIT* Granted, its a different story with Alerts, but I don't think we are discussing those.
    • Up x 4
  20. SgtScum

For the same reason we all play games. Bragging rights.

TE can't seem to take any and hold it so we get the classic fox and the sour grapes response.

i.e. 'Oh well who wants to capture territory anyways? It's so boring and meaningless. Hey! Lets all mindlessly zerg and farm certs instead!!!!'

Also your sig. Delicious sarcasm amirite? :p

Poor little fox. Are the grapes really that sour or are your own armchair generals simply lacking in any skill to take and hold territory? :p
    • Up x 1