GU08 Weapon and Attachment Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Apr 29, 2013.

1. vaxx

I wish, but I doubt it.
  2. Metal Insomniac

Sounds to me like the AC-X11 is finally getting a buff. :)
  3. Wobberjockey

i've been suggesting this since beta. see my signature for a direct link. all sniper rifles have sway, and even with a 2x, i have never EVER noticed the scope sway on my Phantom (the VS low power semi auto sniper rifle)

so do you have any plans for the ridiculously slow silenced sniper rifle speed, the fact that a silencer makes most bolt action sniper rifles pointless past about 30 m or so due to nanoweave+ damage degradation ( the point of BAR's is that the one hit kill and they don't do this past 30 m with a silencer, better to use a semi auto), and the fact that bolt action rifles have literaly no useful rail slot attachments (what good is any recoil reduction when you need to unscope between shots?)

or are snipers just generally being ignored in this patch
    • Up x 3
  4. Van Dax

Actually it seems like a buff to pretty much all lmgs that use the horizontal grip to bring it in line with the SAW. Hopefully.
  5. FnkyTwn

So HAs get kicked in the nards in GU08.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dingus148

Happy with this. This update looks like it should be good! Hopefully we'll get a complete weapon change log. No ninja nerf/buffs plz, Riot
    • Up x 2
  7. WalrusJones

It actually probably will buff the following TR weapons:
    The Bull.
    The T1/T1S.
    The SABR.
    Trac-5/S
    T-5 AMC.

Not to mention, Blanket compensator buffs.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dingus148

Are you serious? From the sounds of it, they look like they're getting buffs across the board.
  9. XDDante

fine i don't use LMG'S anyway,shotgun all the way... :D
    • Up x 2
  10. xen3000

Since the per-weapon effect of some attachments will vary, I do hope SOE has the specific per-weapon values/effects in game. I really don't want to waste too much time trying to see how a weapon "feels" in VR with different attachments, gimme the raw values.
    • Up x 7
  11. Kracken

/meh....reload as an NC max......
    • Up x 3
  12. WalrusJones

High capacity LMG's are getting changed: Rocket centric loadouts will want to use shorter, 50 round LMGs.
    High capacity Lemgees are going to get you caught with your pants down, and your rocket launcher out.
    • Up x 6
  13. thrikerr

Finally? What, you mean the best carbine in the game wasn't good enough for you as it was?
    • Up x 2
  14. Puppy

Improvements! yay :3
    • Up x 1
  15. LordMondando

I
    I think thats fair enough.

Want to fight like a RPG/Rifleman, use a 50 round version.

Want to roll small arms squad support, roll a 75 or 100 round and aim to get lots of assists by burst firing a lot.

If anything, this actually opens up a bit of variety in the HA that should be explored further.

I'd even go as far to start bracketing off 50 round weapons as 'heavy assult rifles' and make them distinct from LMG's in having comparable stats to the assult rifles, whilst making LMG's strictly burst fire if you want to get your own kills/ auto to get assists and buff their damage slightly.

People popping shields and mowing through rooms of people 100 round super assault rifles was getting old.
    • Up x 7
  16. xen3000

AC-X11 is not the best carbine in the game, that is absurd. It is pretty good at mid range, kinda like a battle-rifle, and everyone gets those.
    • Up x 4
  17. Xind

I don't know about that. It sounds like my MSW-R is about to suffer higher vertical recoil and a larger swap time in exchange for nothing. I didn't think it was all that rigged already. Maybe if they give more TR LMGs access to compensators it'll be alright, but I really don't expect that. Also sounds like the T16 is gonna get nerfed pretty hard. I guess the Bull will be better as it and the TMG-50 have compensator options. I would also like to see some freaking advanced forward grips available, especially since they're about to be nerfed. This patch is just going to skew the balance between TR/VS LMGs and NC a lot more than is necessary.
    • Up x 4
  18. WalrusJones

You realize that this kinda thing is a LOT of what I wanted back when I wrote my signature thread.

People ignored suggestion three, but that was well over half of it.... Lets see how the long range gun retuning helps with their viability.
  19. Metal Insomniac

Calm down there, kiddo. I'm betting you haven't used it once, and you happen to get killed by it a lot. That does not mean it's a good weapon. I'm not saying it sucks, either. It could simply use a slight buff.
    • Up x 1
  20. Van Dax

this +1
  21. Solaries

This needs to mean nerfs to the Gauss SAW and other 200 dmg weapons. Having to aim is not a drawback; good players easily compensate then dominate. People know the score, and the empire population shift shows that.
    • Up x 3