MAXes: Deployment /Unlock Cost

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Souleater, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Souleater

Something along those lines, yes.

So a slot that could equip either a buff to health as you say, or an HA style over-shield

A sensor slot that would allow the equipping of (just spit balling here)
    • Stealth module - would hide the MAX on the minimap, not turn them invisible!
    • Radar
    • Optics (it bugs me that a MAX doesn't have scopes)
    Even the Melee slot could be expanded on - perhaps an Anti Vehicle Melee attack, or a bigger arc on the current swing.
  2. EclipsedTerror

Yes, let's remove one of the ways to breakthrough TOD's and one of the aspects of PS1 in PS2. /sarcasm
  3. Dreadnaught Wrex

He phrased it wrong. He means if you buff MAXes to be a formidable opponent, more so then now. You will see a massive increase in MAX use. It would help cut that down. Also, the only reason MAX crashes are effective is the shock value. Having 5 MAXes with alot of support is more effective than 20 MAXes with little support.
  4. EclipsedTerror

I would argue they are not formidable now and outside of the NC's almost instagib @ less than 10 meters, all the maxes are weak.

It only take a decimator round and some shotgun hits to kill a max. I can easily do that with a heavy.
  5. Jkar

The Flash only costs 25 resource, I was thinking more along the line of the Lightning, Magrider, Sunderer, Scythe, Liberator or Galaxy. And personally I'd miss my Flash for all my other infantry classes as a useful asset (scout radar) and of course transportation. To some point that would also cut down on vehicle spam as MAX users can't be tank drivers then for example.

I would be fine with that, as long as it doesn't lock me form switching weapons at a terminal so I can adapt to the situation at hand. But on the other hand, who wants to leave his MAX once you're inside anyway?
  6. Dreadnaught Wrex

people who only use the bursters. Personally, if I could. I would cut my access to the rest of the classes never touching them again and only play MAX.
    • Up x 2
  7. acksbox

I don't have any major complaints with the way MAXes work now.

50%+ of my time played is as a max, and they are plenty powerful enough as is, even in the open, even without support.
  8. Revarios

I do kinda like the idea of having to choose between a Max unit and having to completly abandon another one, and i think if you have to choose either Max or HA that it shoud cut down quite nicely on the numbers of Max on the battlefield.

I also think that Max and HA are by default too alike so that having to either choose a Max unit or a HA shoud be a permanent choice (in other words no backsies)

In other words you can only have one of the two classes avaible and that the choice you take is permanent.
  9. Jkar

I think it shouldn't be a permanent choice, but you should be locked in for a while if you want to exchange your MAX suit for something else. So for example you want to dump your MAX to get back access to a class / vehicle and it would take a few hours for that switch to occur, in that time you have access to neither MAX or intended switch target.