Carbine Balancing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Anchor IV, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Anchor IV

It seems to me that the default carbines for the NC and VS, the Mercenary and Solstice respectively, seem to out perform a number of TR weaponry.
    The Solstice especially seems to be highly accurate and damaging at an oddly long range for a carbine. In fact on my VS character I find it incredibly easy to get kills with it, attachments or not. The spread seems to flare wildly towards the end of the magazine but you can drop someone quick enough for it not to matter. It matters even less the closer you are.

My real issue is that it's TTK seems to be far lower than the Trac 5 and the T5 AMC and a smattering of other weaponry I use. Perhaps i'm just imagining it but I often find myself outgunned by Solstices where against most other weapons I don't have this issue.
    Of course it has to retain the VS trademark of accuracy and lack of bullet drop but aren't VS guns supposed to lose damage over distance?

Don't get me wrong i'm not crying out for a nerf but I certainly think it needs a tweak.
    • Up x 5
  2. Egonieser

Tweak = Nerf, in most cases.
  3. Sebyos

NO, it doesn't need a tweak. YOU need to learn the game before making balance threads like many people on these forums.
    • Up x 10
  4. Oreo202

No. I know for sure that the TRAC-5 has a faster time to kill than the Solstice, but I'm not sure about the Merc.
    • Up x 1
  5. Anchor IV

OOPS, SORRY FORGOT THAT PS2 IS THE PERFECT GAME AND PLAYER FEEDBACK ISN'T ALLOWED.

I need to learn the game lol.
    Obviously I only play for an hour every saturday and quit as soon as I die. Certainly.

It's idiots like you that cry so hard there little eyeballs pop out when anything they like is questioned and impede any civilised, reasonable discussion that could take place.
    • Up x 13
  6. Joram

Solstice 143 damage 698 rpm, Trac-5 143 damage 750 rpm, not sure but i think the Trac-5 has 0.75 ads speed and the solstice has 0.5, the solstice is slightly more accurate with higher first shot recoil and has one of the fastest reloads speeds, the trac-5 has way more damage per mag and a slow reload speed, seems balanced to me but if i have to give to choose between them i will take the trac-5 no doubt.
    • Up x 5
  7. TeknoBug

There's very little balance in PS2, I don't even know why they're attempting to get this game into MLG unless they plan to make it strict to NS weapons only.
  8. Fumblewatt

Get the jaguar, never look back.
    Would i trade my serpent for the jaguar? yes i would

Lynx and Jaguar got 0.75 ADS
    • Up x 2
  9. Shinrah

TR Carbines 40 bullets a clip. NC/VS carbines 30 bullets a clip. Yet all TR carbines have near identical stats as VS/NC weaponry. And you think you have it bad?
    • Up x 8
  10. Smalltown

The idea of Planetside 2 in MLG is a joke, just like MLG. Next thing you know, we'll have some ********* they pick up from the top players list, and flood him on the front pages of IGN and Kotaku like he's the PS2 prophet on how to be good.

The thing about TR carbines, we don't have the same kick as a NC carbine, or the bullet magic of the VS. We pour bullet, like a hailstorm on a car, we smash copious amounts of bullets into whatever we're shooting at. All I can say, is that every gun has a feel to it. Stick with it for now, learn to make like second nature. Use a gun enough, and you'll just outplay the flaws of your gun, and won't even notice after a bit.
    • Up x 2
  11. Fenrys

NC has the most accurate carbine - Gauss Compact S.

2nd place goes to the VS Solstice SF, which has 16% more vertical recoil and 50% more horizontal recoil than the Gauss Compact S.

The TR don't have an accurate carbine. The NS-11C is probably the best carbine available to TR.
    • Up x 5
  12. Sebyos

Crying ? I'm laughing hard. Reasonable discussion ? Would you have a reasonable discussion with a ****** who starts the conversation by saying the moon is red ? You are wrong in everything. Let me demonstrate how the magic of ******* Google works.

The Merc and Solstice don't outperform a number of TR carbines. Why ? It would take a while to explain, but right off the bat, TR has more ammo per magazine which is great in CQC and especially while hip firing which is what carbines are made for.

Sostice is not highly accurate, it has standard CoF, standard hip fire CoF and somewhat decent recoil. Actually, the Solstice and Trac 5 are very similar, but the Solstice basically has 0.025 less recoil while the Trac 5 has 50 more RPM and 10 more rounds per magazine.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...INE&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Solstice does not have more damage at range. It has the same damage as any other 143 damage weapon except the ones with 800 RPM or higher. fohttp://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#dmg/la/1.25/17/16/3

TTK is not lower than the Trac-5 until you get to 60 meters which is not where you want to use a carbine anyway.
    http://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#dps/la/1.25/17/16/3
    By the way, the DPS of the Trac is way higher than the other 2.
    http://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#sttk/sh25-10-10/la/1.25/17/16/3

VS weapons do not lose damage over distance it's an old trait that got removed for good reason.

To sum it up, you complain about a few guns that you don't even know and you also ignore the other weapons that you don't know either. Now quit being a ******* child and learn to shut up when you are wrong instead of shouting like a kid. It's like making car reviews because you know how to change the wipers then crying because people tell you that you are wrong and it was a bad idea.
    • Up x 6
  13. Frosty The Pyro

Trac-5 is awesome.
    • Up x 3
  14. sindz

I was gonna write a long post, but this guy beat me to it. Enough of these random TR kids who doesnt have 2 braincells to actually looke at spreadsheets before contiunesly making dumb threads on forums.

TR has _40 bullets_ AND nothing VS/NC have even comes close to this, so suck up your 0,025 more recoil, cut the **** you pampered babies.
    • Up x 4
  15. Saintfanny

I always thought TR were meant to have low damage, high RoF and good accuracy? Is this not the case?
  16. Morpholine

17. Locke

TRAC5 DPS = 1787.5
    Solstice = 1663
    Mercenary = 1670

TTK is not the issue as TR weapons generally have higher TTK due to superior DPS.

Looking at the weapon statistics TR have marginally higher recoil than VS weapons (in exchange for higher mag size) so if you are losing out to VS you may want to work on your recoil control.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rue&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  18. Odin

• Up x 1
  19. Timperium

The Trac-5 has the highest DPS out of all the default carbines AND it has a 40 round mag, which is a HUGE advantage.

Cry more, OP. Either leave the game or L2P. Your choice. But either way stop making stupid, ignorant threads.
    • Up x 3
  20. PaperPlanes

I'll just say that I've used nearly all the carbines in the game and the regular old Trac-5 is one of the best there is. It may very well be the best all around carbine in the entire game, if not best all around weapon, period. It is amazing.
    • Up x 1