I'm Helios TR and I'm switching to VS, and other TR should too

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Paperlamp

Add TR and VS pops together and there'd finally be even, or almost even, fights against NC. TR should be the one to switch over because VS already has the higher pop. It's obviously far less effective fighting NC as 15-20 and 25-30% of the pop. Our active outfits could coordinate better, and there'd be less VS vs. TR distracting us.

I know VS aren't the most desirable faction but coming from my BR 40 TR to my old VS character I've noticed:

VS LMGs are amazing with the Orion being > MSW-R for CQC and the Pulsar LSW or SVA-88 being all-rounders that TR really doesn't have anything comparable to. I was shredding people on my VS HA like I've never really done before as TR. Easily the biggest improvement.

Carbines, well I still prefer TR by a bit but the VS ones are easier to handle and perform a bit better mid-range. VX6-7 won't disappoint. With the ammo pool buffs you're also not running out so much faster - maybe even slightly less often since VS seems to have a bit better performance accuracy wise.

ARs, H-V45 is reasonably competitive with the TAR, I'd say better for longer ranges weaker in CQC. I give TR the edge on the starter weapon, but VS are solid.

Pistol: Okay, hear me out here. The Repeater sucks. Yeah, it's got a low TTK with it's fast RoF and you can randomly gib people in CQC almost like using an SMG. But, the Manticore is more accurate and has more damage per clip, and can put people down from considerably longer distances. I actually prefer it, it's a weaker mag-shot but the accuracy loss isn't too major.

Haven't been able to try SMGs or their ESL yet. Haven't tried shotguns either, assume they'd be better w/slugs due to no bullet drop - not sure how much of a difference it makes though.

As for vehicles, I <3 the magrider, it's my favorite tank even post-nerfs. Way easier to escape bad situations with, with great long distance performance, and still fairly durable. The prowler is probably still better for infantry farming but it's less enjoyable to use IMO.

Can't speak for ESF, though I think most ESF pilots will know enough about the Scythe already.

Overall I think VS is actually a superior faction. I wouldn't have believed it when I switched from VS to TR quite awhile ago now, and then to NC then back to TR, but with more experience with all factions it's clear I was biased in my early VS days.
    • Up x 2
  2. xGreedFuSioN

Opposite situation as you, played TR to like BR14 back just after the game came out of beta, came back in late january i think (not sure) and played VS and only VS, up to BR28.
    Now I stand proud as a BR35 TR,
    Loyalty Until Death.
    DK why I ever switched to vanu. lazors < bullets
  3. Saintfanny

I depserate to switch my BR75 TR whom ive spent a small fortune on... but ive committed so much time and effort i just prey that they fix the truly horrendous recoil on our weapons to be even remotely that of the VS, would pay to swap my BR75 to VS asap and have even asked 4 times ingame but been knocked back each time
  4. baka

... and here I just play severely outnumbered and consider myself bathed in a target rich environment.
    • Up x 1
  5. Paperlamp

Yeah @ BR 75 that'd hurt. My VS was already decently equipped due to being my starting char.
  6. FIN Faravid

I agree, Terran Republic should have "best oiled war-machine" in galaxy, not masses of scum they call army that gets beaten by rebels...
    I personally hope they make TR weapons most powerful ones (Damage per bullet), as they are only faction that has militaristic covernment AND professional army=better soldiers=they can handle high recoil much better. Giving professional soldier weapon that beginner can master is just waste...
    Vanu found alien technology so its logical they have good starting weapons, but NC should just have anything beginners can easily use.
    =
    Give Terran Republic NC weapons (stats) and remake New Conglomerate (or why not both)

EDIT: In wiki it says "Their weapons and vehicles are top of the line and new but conventional. They eschew experimental ordances and energy weapons and prefer to stick with what has worked for hundreds of years – accurate, high velocity bullets, and lots of them. Terran Republic weapons have the fastest firing rates, largest ammo capacities, and are generally designed to allow for maximum sustainable damage. "

In reality, its everything else...

REMAKE TERRAN REPUBLIC & NC
    • Up x 1
  7. sindz

Here we go, another TR thread whining about VS/NC (take your pick) with no clue about the other factions weapons what so ever. sigh.

No wonder VS suck, when we get all the TR morons who cant spend 5min looking at the weapon spredsheet.
    • Up x 2
  8. FIN Faravid

I have tried all 3, Vanu being easiest one (but since i prefer NC weapon stats and TR ideology there is no good choice)
  9. Saintfanny

Id just like the option to swap from TR
  10. Sumguy720

If you guys switch to VS we won't have anyone good to fight!
    • Up x 4
  11. sindz

Good arguments you made here. Sigh.
    • Up x 1
  12. vaxx

So switching over from the most underpop faction on Helios to play with the more populated. And this is why population balance will never work.

GG.

Some people just like easy mode.
    • Up x 1
  13. ROCKFIISH

^ Priceless. I personally can't feel a difference between VS and TR weapons, Except that reload speed.
  14. Reskan

Go ahead and run off to join the dirty spandex wearing heretics. There's no room for cowards in the Terran Republic.
    • Up x 1
  15. sindz

Dont worry he will coming right back when he realizes none of what he wrote is even remotely true.
    • Up x 1
  16. Llaf

I've honestly thought about doing this as well, but I really, really like the TR and we have less people, so I continue to fight for Helios TR to try and hold on to the fragile population that we somehow manage to retain. I've got nothing but sympathy for our Helios VS brethren though, they've got more people than us TR but are more or less in the same boat as we are. I generally try not to fight them except in alerts where pop is 33% across the board(usually one alert a day), as TR and VS fighting only serves the purposes of the NC horde in the end.
  17. Smalltown

What Llaf said, both Helios TR and VS are constantly being slammed on by the sheer zerg numbers of the NC and the unwillingness, or in some cases, outright ignorance to deal with the problem. Coupled together with the 4th faction, unwillingess to address the chinese swarms, and the blantant hacking from both independents and 3KDC, and I'll be surprised if Helios stays alive for a few more months.

Bad enough we have to constantly make a truce with the VS just to withstand against the NC. But what can we except when a population of 21% TR to 63% NC is the considered norm for most of the day.
  18. Roy Teppert

Are they still planning on merging Helios and Connery? If they do, the VS and TR populations will balance out perfectly. Noob Conglomerate will still be way overpopulated, but when aren't they?
  19. Smalltown

Never.
  20. Diplocaulus

VS is simply better. :D
    • Up x 1