Desperate for Faction swaps

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Saintfanny, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Saintfanny

If on the faction screen they gave a proper description of what each factions 'traits' were I certainly would not have chosen the TR. Since GU4 or 5 the NC became the go to class with their infantry weapons being buffed out of the blue.

Gu7 means the VS is the faction of the month and has seen populations shift massively in their favor. The one common thing is the TRs numbers dwindling on Woodman

Ive asked numerous times now to faction swap my TR char to VS. Ive spent a small fortune on this game. I subscribe and have committed a lot of time to it so don't want to loose out on my badges and medals etc which i think is understandable

Things are that bad that my 60 year old dad has come over from Battlefield 3 where he is rather good at it and has started saying comments like 'why have we got the worst weapons'

I know i sound like im QQing but I used to be a massive advocate for this game but im slowly going of it. I really dont want to but something not right and its not going in the right direction to fix it.

If any of the Devs are listening please push forward Faction swapping.
  2. Sharmanti

I know man. I don't wanna faction swap.. I'd just like to play on different characters every now and then, test out the other factions a little. But really.. I've spent a lot of SC on my TR character and even if some weapons are "equivalent" they don't unlock for different factions. Not even say "composite helmet" will unlock for another faction. That's just ********...
  3. sigur

I'd like to say something constructive, but all I read here is "hurr durr red unz go fastah! Buff red unz or I cry moar!". You don't want a faction swap, you want a 4th faction badge, that's all
  4. Oreo202

Why in the world would people join VS because of a small magrider buff?
  5. MFP_TK_01

They wouldn't. They would join because another lemming would claim that they are OP now since last patch, without reference to any actual reasons why. This guy is just one of the lazy lemmings and doesn't want to retrain.
    • Up x 1
  6. Saintfanny

Its the damage fall off buff the VS got, amazing now. Plus you have the best red dot sight in the game ^^
  7. Obscura

Worst weapons? Lol no, the carv and the cycler are fantastic weapons imo.
  8. Vashyo

Grass is greener on the other side(s)
    • Up x 1
  9. Saintfanny

Couple of reasons i want to go VS

Infiltrators are actually black
    Best red dot sight in game
    Passive trait mixed with the new damage falloff buff means they are exceptional at long range
    Naturally dark so during the night missions they are the hardest to see. No bought skin comes close the VSs default
    Scythe doesnt have the 'drift' when turning that the Nc and TR do
    Scythe Pods are incredible
    The faction actually has a trait, TRs got no identity, NCs got a good trait.

I can go on but id rather just swap an get on with enjoying the game.

VS and TR were the two balanced factions and regularly teamed up to push the 'op' NC off maps on Woodman. Now its the 'op' NC and the much better VS bending the TR over and both taking it in turns to have their ways with us.
  10. NinjaTurtle

I would support faction swaps and SOE could make some good dollar from charging 500 SC for the service.

I personally don't want to swap as I am happy with NC, but I can understand why people wouldn't want to start the cert grind all over again
    • Up x 1
  11. Ashnal

The river of tears never stops around here does it?
  12. Saintfanny

What is a player to do if they have committed so much time, effort and money to a faction to realise it doesn't fit them?
  13. LT_Latency

I am not sure why they don't allow this.

Just charge like 10 bucks and give the players unlocks that match up with each other.

They could make a fortune. They could even limit it to only being able to transfer to factions with less population to help balance that out.
  14. FateJH

Consider that they may not be very good at introspection? There's a theoretical limit to "it'll get better later" ...
  15. Ashnal

You forget. TR weapons have the highest dps and kill faster than most NC/VS weapons. They also have the lowest sustained recoil and CoF bloom. Take a look at the numbers some time.

As well, by allowing faction swapping faction imbalance would become more of a problem than it already is.

Give the other weapons a try some time and you'll see that infantry weapons in this game are probably the most balanced part about it.
  16. Ganelon

Carv is stasticially the worst LMG, try again.

o_O
    • Up x 2
  17. Saintfanny

Thats what my whole platoon keep saying but its wearing thin and I notice people not coming on TS anymore. I want this game to succeed so much as at its core its fantastic.

We all keep saying 'i hope our factions next on the ring around the roses of faction updates'
  18. LordMondando

Dear TR, your weapons really are not that bad. Personally, I'd rather have the Trac 9 AMC, TMG-50 and Cycle T1 S. Then again I play the game (and all of the fractions increasingly) a lot and try to be objective and ****.
  19. Khyrin

And still I chainkill with it more then with the GD-22S or NC6 Gauss Saw
    Gives me something to think about.

Dunno what the stock weapon of the Engineer is, but that thing doesn't even need any mods to be hilariously deadly, you dont even need to aim, just spray in the face and everything drops dead while you get minimum damage with the ADADAD dance...
  20. Saintfanny

Highest DPS means nothing if you cant hit the target, the latest is the smgs, ours has the fastest ttk yet the worse recoil. history of our weapons. Since Gu7 the TRAC AMC was changed and is not the great weapon it once was