$2.50? I'd pay $10.00 if you offered my infiltrator VS starting armor.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Saintfanny

I couldn't agree more, They could have made a FORTUNE selling the matt black total ninja camo... instead they give as default to the VS. *facepalm
    • Up x 1
  2. Saintfanny

I just cant believe that in the team meeting, where all the Management team sit someones not turned round and gone 'hmmm isnt this going to bias the VS a little too much and possibly, juuuuust maybe upset the other two factions?' and no one turned and opposed
    • Up x 1
  3. gudman591

I really really hope TR is next on the list for reskinning/redesigning. Because we need it bad. No point in buying camo now, whatever you choose, you're still going to end up looking like sh*t.

Also hey up there guys, limited avatar choice is the worst thing ever. It's creepy.

Wait, f*ck you're just one guy.
    • Up x 1
  4. Shinrah

Add some extra "non camo" parts to that TR and you have what the VS looked like with Camo pre GU:7 (all classes). Did you make a thread about that back then, no? Did you laugh at the threads the VS made concerning the fact that their camos hardly covered anything? Porbably, yes.
    Did you go to the effort of posting a picture of that very same VS infiltrator @ night? Nope, you didn´t! Fyi, it´s free lumifibers! Don´t need to be TR to have a "shoot me" sign on your armor.
  5. Morpholine

Want purple on your VS? There's a couple options:
    [IMG]

From left to right: Urban Forest, Digital, Stock (no camo). Female VS Engineer with Composite Armor and Protos helm shown.
  6. The King

Where is the black? The people look the same to me...
    I've noticed on my brother's PC, there are some VS that look pretty dark. However, on mine, it looks nearly the same as before.
  7. Morpholine

On the VS infiltrator in particular, they changed a lot of the light grey portions to the dark grey on every other class, as well as darkening the helmet.

And in general, camouflage is applied to many more areas than previously, on all classes. Prior to this VS image revamp, we unarguably got the least camouflage coverage of all three empires. Now, we may have the most (although both TR and NC did gain additional camouflage coverage on certain options in this change, as well).
  8. JudgeDeath

Damn .. the reasons people keep putting out why VS is OP :D
    • Up x 1
  9. BH Brigade

Of course, the cookie cutter l2p response. My question is, why is the VS the only infil that is black? I would be fine with making them all black, but right now VS infils have a serious advantage at night. What was wrong with their old color scheme?
    • Up x 1
  10. Springheel Jack

If an Infiltrator is half good you won't see them anyway.

Or am I missing something that camo in any way makes a difference when you're cloaked? They could be bright pink and it wouldn't make a difference.
  11. ColdCheezePizza

Some of the best Infils in the game wear all white at night, its about making a statement, not blending in.
  12. BH Brigade

No, but you can't cloak all the time and in the time they're not cloaked they have a serious advantage. Just give the other infils a different buff, to make up for the reduced visibility of the VS infil.
    • Up x 1
  13. Baleur

Exactly, your foes will be as confused as your friends, which wont be confused at all because you've got a blue dorito over your head at all times.
    See how camos DO something now? Used your own logic in reverse. Win.
    • Up x 1
  14. Baleur

Hey, dem decreasing damage per bullet at long range means we're OP, don't you know anything about being one of the kool kidz on the block? Less armor and damage per shot than the other 2 factions also means our tanks are OP, obviously, geez get a clue man. :p
    • Up x 1
  15. Souleater

Aye, I am waiting for the Digital Camo to go on sale (or I'll just crack and buy it anyway) but I think there should be more purple on the VS - the same amount of red that TR get and yellow that NC get.
  16. Springheel Jack

Nope.
  17. Morpholine

Our analogue to TR's red and NC's yellow is our fairly prevalent teal. The Purple for VS corresponds to TR's black and NC's blue.
  18. LibertyRevolution

If you want black camo, you don't need to spend $2.50 or $10.. Spend 50SC on a single use indar dry brush...
    [IMG]

look at all that blue on that NC... :rolleyes:
    (sorry I don't play infiltrator enough to camo mine, so you get a LA pic)
  19. SinerAthin

That's a bit harsh, I'd argue they look pretty good.

Trust me, there's a big difference between curved and blobby :O
    • Up x 2
  20. Ghoest

The second best camo after Vanu black is - Clover.

Next march you can get some for yourself.
    • Up x 1