The NC6 Gauss SAW, T9 CARV and the Orion - Replacing myth with facts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hisenburg, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Fenrisk

NC performs worse with exact copys of the same weapons by the same difference you see in the above stats. The only thing stats prove is TR performs better with any weapon then the average NC player. Give us a knife fight and we out perform you.
  2. Littleman

Pretty much all that chart confirms. Tr players > nc players. What happens when the fourth empire makes up 30% of your pop.
  3. PyroPaul

what exact copy weapon?

because, funnily enough...
    NC out performs TR with the knife...
  4. Fenrisk

NS weapons and copy/pasted weapons. NC performs worse across the board.

I already posted why certain weapons scores are low on default weapons such as the SAW. Every noob gets one, if its not as good as other faction weapons in CQC without certs then it gets less score a hour/kills as 90% of combat is CQC. Carv has a slight advantage in CQC while being crap at range with less attachments. Only thing that matters for noobs is the CQC default stats without attachments. Hence the bad scores. Then add in that NC performs worse with exactly the same weapons and you get why stats = flawed.

Problem here is what veterans care about is having a strong accurate LMG for medium to long range. If your a TR min/Max and have played the other factions you know where them weapons are but you have no access to them. CQC is the realm of shotguns so CQC gun stats on a LMG is useless to us and in general TR have the worst LMG's in the game with the least attachments.

Gun stats are all that matter since player stats are based on 4th faction noobs, which default gun you start with, shotguns ruling CQC and 90% of combat being at 30m or less. All them facters make player stats trash but it does not stop the same people using them without engaging their brains.
  5. BraSS

What ive gathered from these forums lately is that TR LOVE to cry.

If NC have a better CQC weapon while TR have Long range they all claim CQC is where its at and long range doesnt matter. When NC have a decent long range weapon and TR have better CQC weapon they claim CQC doesnt matter and long range is where its all at. You guys need to all get together and make up your minds. If I had the pic of the Jackie Chan meme id post it here...

On a side note I actually prefer the Carv over the SAW and Orion. Just the feel of it and the way it fires seem to give better results.
  6. Herrick

"B-b-but NC are the most skilled faction, we have to drag out mouse down slightly when firing!"

As said by every single NC in /yell.
  7. HadesR

What do you
    A) Class as strong
    B) Class as accurate ( Considering the Carv is accurate up to 200m with single shot fire )
    C) Class as medium to long range

0-50m The Carv is awesome : Highly accurate both hip fire and ADS, High RoF
    50-100m: The Carv is a good weapon if you control your bursts to make the recoil handling easy
    100m+ : It lacks a bit in it's damage department , but is still accurate if you single Shot like you have to with the Gauss

I've stated earlier I feel the Carv could do with a decrease in it's damage drop off to make those single shot's more viable for long range. So what do you want ?
    And don't just answer " good at range " without providing how you would improve it.
  8. Fenrisk

Fully certed for recoil reduction versions of the SVA-88 or SAW but there are plenty of others TR players would take instead while giving up ours.

The TMG-50 despite being the best long range LMG TR has does not match them at long range.
  9. HadesR

Maybe give them the advanced fore grip unlock , but if I'm honest, with just a fore grip I didn't find the recoil more difficult to control than the SAW .. The " on paper " horizontal recoil differences between the two was unnoticeable. ( Maybe because I use Iron sights which unlike scopes don't exaggerate the recoil ).

But for parities sake I wouldn't be against giving The Carv and such the Advanced Fore grip.
  10. Divinorium

Okay i mixed both. But i just pointed the what's what because of his "argument" of "a skilled player would XXXX"
    The same argument is true to horizontal recoil, it can be compensated and a skilled player would do so.
    Back to zero point.
    And i will say again. At medium-long range, without compensate the recoil the GD-7F can hit 2~3 bullets per burst(if you aim to his foot you can land 3)
    While the SAW only hit one.
    It makes Highly questionable the statement of SAW "is da besta". in fact it makes questionable the usefulness of the SAW.
    Since any other weapon in the game can get close results at medium/long range while doing WAY better at CqC.
  11. Jablon

Wow, this thread is going places. Let's recap what's going on: terrans have the best:
    - carbines: Lynx, Jaguar
    - AR: TAR
    - pistol: TX1 Reapeter aka Secondary SMG
    and they are still whining that their LMGs are slightly worse in long range combat while downplaying the close/mid range superiority.

Holy moly, do you have to be the best in everything? Or is it the Terran nature to whine about everything?
  12. Fenrisk

Every faction has Shotguns so there is no close/mid range superiority.
  13. Jablon

Every faction has Sniper Rifles so there is no long range superiority.

• Up x 1
  14. Fenrisk

Last time i checked 4 out of the 5 classes didn't have access to sniper rifles and the one class that does has less health and can be 1 shot with a revolver. I would also note that sniper rifles have disadvantages that prevent them from being the kings of long range combat between 50-150 meters. One of them being the hold breath gun shake, low ROF.

4 out of the 5 classes do have access to Shotguns. Shotguns are everywhere while snipers in this game are few and far between. There's no advantage in bringing a LMG to a shotgun fight.
  15. tutzdesPS

You would be right if every player used the shotguns. But you're wrong.
  16. TintaBux

Those stats, most players are using default weapon, pretty standard stuff, even high BR players including some BR100's use the T9, and have mega KDR, cause its a beast weapon especially at CQC compared to the other default LMG's and in general.
  17. Torok

the gauss saw is a beast and all you want, but the gameplay that comes with it its just boring you need to take a corner and
    pewpew-pewing while peeking, it doesn't suits my gameplay at all, anyway great post OP
  18. Littleman

Wait... the TAR is the best AR how? The lynx and jaguar beat the gd-7f and serpent how?

Not saying they suck, I'm saying the criteria we're going by can be found in the other two empires.

The repeater is actually horrifically innaccurate. Good as a cqc finisher, but the emporer is pretty beast overall for a back up weapon.
  19. ladiesop

You keep repeating this fallacious statement, because the ones that count (the NS small arms) are not statistically different, they are within a margin of error to be regarded as identical; in the most recent data set, the worst was on the NS-11A which performed 4% worse for NC. They don't perform worse on the whole as you keep saying by any significant amount that a comparison of the different weapon types won't say something about them.
  20. Badname0192

Tell you the secret as to why the TR has such an OKAY score..

Having a lot of bullets makes up for less than hard hitting weapons, so you see a lot of TR Heavies out there.

Aside from that, I try to main Engineer as TR, but with the large number of NC zergtards making me think that NC now means 'Needs Crutch', I have to join the large amount of TR heavies and the bulletspam produced.

Also it's loads easier to have a higher average score among smaller numbers.

When the NC zergs hit we wind up fighting a lot of low levels on top of a lot of high levels that rely on the same bad tactics. Another reason for higher scores, more people for TR to shoot! When you're sitting around capping bases with people pinned in their spawn, you don't make as many points.

Your charts are flawed.