ZOE Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Master, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Master

Personally feel that the side strafing should be slightly faster...was expecting more speed. Was not really feeling more powerful, had blueshifts shooting at targets down range. If there is a difference, I'm not FEELING the difference. I do NOT think it should be buffed if the buff is working though because people would complain about it being OP. I suggest improving the reload speed of all weapons.

I don't know how much extra damage we will take but if it is as bad as I think it is....we would want these improvements for it to be worth it.

TL;DR

Buff Reload Speed during ZOE activation and slightly increase movement speed.
  2. Elrobochanco

Speed felt nice to me, but it really felt like weapon augmentation was...all over the place. The quasar felt sliiiightly more powerful. But the starfire/comet didn't feel changed at all.

Made a short vid of the runspeed/quasar use.

The graphic for it is very weak. If I'm going to be a visible target I want to look like I'm on fire, I want it to just be excessive, I want someone to turn the corner and see me running at them and just brick. Needs some unique art, the shield/archor do new things, this is just a NS base shield.
    • Up x 2
  3. Blitzkrieg

Something along these lines?
    • Up x 4
  4. Elrobochanco

Yes exactly. I'd be happy enough if all the teal bits/chestpiece of the MAX glowed intensely. Or if the lines in the texture glowed like there was power underneath (Like the detroyer in thor)
    • Up x 1
  5. Ranik

Damage boost seems about 30% - 6 comet shots into lightning rear arc as opposed to 9 without boost.

Speed boost seems like 50%

Extra damage taken is 20%

It's seems like a far less balanced TR lockdown to be honest.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ketobor

Damage boost seems unusual. Barely noticeable with starfire.

Flamer becomes an instant death weapon.

I would like to see the Extra damage taken remain at 40% at all ranks and the rest of the stats staying the same.
    • Up x 1
  7. Vetto

And even as I was testing this people QQ over the Lockdown of a TR when this thing is freaking insane.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ranik

From my tests Starfire was unaffected for some reason.

Yeah lockdown is great with a major drawback.

ZOE currently is almost as good as lockdown but with extra movement speed and a minor weakness.
  9. Rraymondo316

I think its bugged

some weapons i was killing a lot quicker & some it seemed to make no difference :confused:
    • Up x 1
  10. Vetto

I did a test to see if buster damage with the ZoE and Lockdown, only a little slower then the lockdown, but it take less shots.
  11. Rodek

I'd like to know how the damage resistance debuff is applied. Does it take the 80% small arms resistance down to 60% or does it apply after damage has been taken?

If it reduces the innate armor value a stock max against small arms will go from 10k effective hp to 5k hp.
    If it's applied after innate armor it goes from 10k to 8333 effective hp.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ebon

Currently not really a significant difference with most weapons. The insta-kill Flamethrower being the huge exception.
    • Up x 1
  13. SpaceKing

I see flaming purple death in my future. I don't really mind flaming purple death because the 20% more damage VS maxes will take means I can take 'em down from outside Flamethrower range with a quick burst of my MCG.
    • Up x 1
  14. Zeke342

I was pretty underwhelmed by it :/

I didn't really notice anything other than the speed increase, which was very nice :) but definitely not worth an almost 1 shot rocket to the face and being a giant glowing target.. and I do believe I was ONE SHOT by a dumb fire :/ idk if that's intended or not.. but holy crap that in itself will stop me from using the Zoe.

The Zoe should be something a little more unique than some white glow :/ perhap.. the max busts off some pieces of armor that are magnetically hovering around the max? Idk.. the glowing stuff is getting old though :/ it's nothing but a big painted target, especially at night.

Didn't notice any change to burster damage.. flame throwers (I was either bugged/using this one wrong if other people are saying it's an instant-death machine).. or starfires (although I haven't used them much yet).

I think an increase in small arms damage makes sense.. but explosive/flak already does so much damage to a max.. the Zoe is basically a 1-shot kill.. or a rocket and 5 bullets :/

I also strongly dislike the tooltip for upgrading it.. it just says "further increase/further decreases".. I would like to see "increase damage by 30% total and decrease defenses by 20% total" or something like that.. as it is now.. upgrading the Zoe past rank 1 is pretty much suicide. There should be no major drawbacks to certing into it.. as you cert into it you should take LESS damage (by 1-2% for each rank?).

I would trade for the lockdown or riot shield honestly.. I was killed in midair.. full speed.. at atleast 300m from the max.. in about 8 seconds from a single lockdown max :/ and I witnessed a sunderer get demolished faster than AV turrets can bring one down (I don't know the health of the sunderer and the max was the only one I saw shooting at it, so I'm simply assuming).. That riot shield is just practical and has some unique strategies it could be used for..

From what I can see..
    Zoe = Agressive and short push.. from what I've seen it won't be particularly effective, but with a whole platoon max crash.. it's yet to be seen.. anything but a heavy with a dumbfire, anything with C4, scat max at close range, and a lockdown max would be utterly helpless.. probably needs the most balancing and changes.
    Riot = Defensive & slow but likely very effective.. probably useful in almost any situation, and probably the most balanced overall.
    Lockdown = Ultimate defense which can keep a base (like scared mesa) indefinitely with just a few of them.. but useless in an actual attack.. unless someone just camps in the spawn behind a shield (wouldn't consider than an attack though).. just needs to RoF brought down.. or as someone suggested.. exempt NS weapons from the lockdown and Zoe.. there was some reason behind the lore of the game as to WHY they should be exempt but I can't remember it :/

To me.. nothing but the Riot shield is ready for release.. but I do like the changes.

*off topic*
    I do not like the new AV weapons. They're completely unnecessary and, at the moment, are a straight upgrade from the previous AV weapons :/ really disappointing to players who bought the dual AV guns. I'm glad they're in test and not fully released yet.
    • Up x 2
  15. LibertyRevolution

ZOE + Flamethrower is CRAZY!!!!

This has to be a bug, right?
    • Up x 1
  16. Eclipson

Its lock down without the disadvantage of being locked down. How much more damage you take, and what kind of difference it make will have to be determined once we get it combat tested.
    • Up x 1
  17. felfox

Besides the flame throwers (which HAS to be a bug) honestly wasn't noticing much of a difference in most none AI weapons. I guess this is a good thing since bursters don't need the help and I cant really fathom how you would balance AV weapons... but really, I dunno... I'm on the fence. Just feels like a lazy ability.

What I did like was the movement speed though! Honestly I'd give up all the damage if it meant I could run down infantry and effectively strafe targets.
    • Up x 1
  18. TicTacRock

I was thinking this as well, I'm curious if that would be the better way to go.
  19. Myka

Totally underwhelming, compared to the other two to be honest. Visual effect is very weak, damage increase not really noticeable (bar the obviously bugged flamer), movement speed ok. Needs more power and flash if this is gonna cost a huge resistance loss.

Starfires also terrible. They should be DOT lasers, not more Lancers.Give the VS something really unique, not this half-arsed rubbish.

Flamers need more AOE, not the bunsen burners that are on the test server. Damage is fine but needs to have a cone of damage that widens/lessens to compete with room-clearing grenade launchers.
    • Up x 2
  20. Ranik

Did you ACTUALLY test the thing? It's not working for some weapons but.

Damage boost seems about 30%

Speed boost seems like 50%

Extra damage taken is 20%

It has almost almost the entire lockdown advantage to DPS but it also has a move speed buff, and a far smaller drawback.