[Feedback] Harasser

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Shadowomega, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Armchair

No. No you don't. Its easy to sneak up to melee range of most vehicles in a lightning. With something like the harasser, it will be easier still.

Charge up, swap seat, BRRRRRRTTTTTT, dead armor.

If they want AT weapons on the harasser, they should restrict it to NS common pool equipment.
    • Up x 1
  2. Lyel

okok, people, im seeing this excuse that "its in testing stages, we cant criticize it."

People.... YES, YOU CAN, AND YES, YOU SHOULD! f

Part of testing is to give feedback on what has currently been given. If we're gonna assume something is going to be fixed and dont say anything, NOTHING will be fixed! The Devs view the game from a designers stand point, not a players or consumers. They are dependent on us to give feed back. if something is overpowered, say it. if something is underpowerd, say it. if its buggy, SAY IT. if it crashes when you use it, SAY IT!!!
    • Up x 2
  3. Ryekir

I agree, having the Saron/Vulcan/Enforcer on the top of this thing is going to get ridiculous. All of them are not only fantastic anti-vehicle weapons but they also shred infantry with ease. As much fun as I could have using that, I think it will be more than a little overpowered.

Additionally, I had seen it mentioned that SOE intends to add the empire-specific buggies as well, so wouldn't it make more sense to have the empire-specific weapons on those, and the common-pool buggy only have common-pool weapons?
    • Up x 1
  4. Gary

Whilst moving no one is going to get regular infantry kills with them mounted on the buggy... It is incredibly bouncy and unstable.
  5. memetik

Finally, the devs give us the driver-only-MBT as promised.
    With a Halberd/Vulcan + a HA on rumble-seat, the classic-MBT is going to be extinct.

Behold the "Terestrial-lolpodder" :D
  6. lKeinPlanl

I think the faction specific MBT-Secondaries could be OP. Though I don't want to say "it is a NS vehicle so it should only have the NS weaponary". This actually is something thats wrong with the Lightning, Sunderer, Flash, Liberator and the Galaxy (so basically all NS vehicles) they all should get empire specific weapons. Not saying a VS Sunderer should get a Saron...for all thats holy it shouldnt but there should be new weapons for them.
    • Up x 1
  7. felfox

My main concern with the faction weapons is the disparity between them and the role that the buggy will fill. This thing drives like a lunatic and rewards people getting in close and dashing away. It's the off road king and will blaze trails around people and their vehicles. What makes the saron and enforcer good is that they are sniper platforms. They do fairly good damage while having a slow reload and pin point accuracy. (Saron does anyway, not sure about enforcer)

Sure these weapons will do well enough but let's look at the Vulcan. This gun is craaaaazy OP BUT balances this with range. Now slap it on a buggy where it can easily out run anyone and can practically turn on a dime even without the combat chassis not to mention to through shields.

Now I'm not calling nerf, far from it as I think this is awesome! But as a VS main... I'm incredibly sad I have nothing that compares, the saron is an all around good gun but it doesn't really compliment the buggy and the ppa is utter garbage.
  8. Jube

The top tier AT weapons do seem a bit over the top for the buggy, maybe they should be saved for the Empire specific buggies.
    However they might be balanced out by the lighter armor factor and the bouncy suspension making them harder to use effectively.
    Also there is a tank armor buff in the works right? That could even things out a bit maybe?
    I love the high speed feel of the buggy but the traction just isn't there it slides all over the place maybe add some traction to it.
    Or maybe give it a four speed transmission shift up or down by pressing (Keybind) Lower gears climb better high gears for speed.
    Love the idea of the cosmetics. Maybe some ****** decals too.
  9. Ryekir

1. I imagine that they'll fix that (to some extent) before it is released
    2. That's only a problem when you are moving over bumpy terrain. If you're on relatively flat ground, I don't see that being a problem, and the driver can also stop for a second, let the gunner take a shot, and then continue driving.
  10. Shadowomega

Well after today's adjustments the Harasser feels extremely well tuned. With that being said only the resource cost and a couple model issues are on my updated list. ATM the resource cost is 180, 20 less then the lighting I think the resource value should be close to 120 which is a nice middle ground between the flash and the Lighting not to mention when ever they get around to a hinted at heavier Hummer like vehicle (armor combat vehicle) it will leave room for resource balance there.

As for Model issues the side step bars aka running rails could use adjustment. At the moment the running rail extends from the and comes forward and connects to the door. To fix this they can either: A. Move the forward part that hooks into the door back behind the door or B. Shrink the rail slightly lower it slightly and bring have it end infront of the door.

The second model issue is the bug eye light bulbs on the lights. Atm they stick farther out then the plastic/glass covers that go over the bulbs.
  11. Zeke342

Gotta agree on the resource cost.. 180 is way too high for this :/

Especially if/when they remove/nerf the MBT guns.

As it stands, the Vulcan is beyond OP to be on one of these. Fly up behind ANY MBT at 90kph and instagib them? That won't last long in game. On a fast moving vehicle the Vulcan is probably the most OP of any of the guns. The Saron canon is no different than if you put it on the Magrider.. it will be used at long range and the only difference will be that it will make a quick escape :/ the NC MBT gun is fine.. it's a little better than the Halberd.

Every Harasser on test server right now is running Vulcans though :/ I haven't seen a single TR harasser without the Vulcan and they have won every single fight so far.
  12. shadowings1123

The drivers seat camera seem to low. Having to look up to have less than half the screen covered in dashboard is not good for a vehicle that is traveling over bumps and ridges at a high speed. Some of us don't like driving in 3rd person. :( Need to be high enough to see down the hood. :cool:

Tried gunning (Halberd) in VR for some guy driving a round like a nut. As others have said, found the roof gun too jerky/bouncy to hit anything while moving.

Did a jump about the tip of a Galaxy's tail in height, did a four point landing on a road, and lost half the Harasse's health. Feel like it took too much damage from bottoming out from such a height. Suspension, vehicle physics, lack of underside armor/skid-plate? Just felt like too much damage.

Didn't get much time to check it out tonight, maybe back with more...
  13. HazyW

Perhaps the ES turrets are on the Harasser because SOE needs something exciting to, in part, drive sales. A Harasser with just MGs and a grenade launcher is boring. That just makes the Harasser a bigger fury. So the Harasser needs something exciting, but not empire-specific. How about a flame-thrower turret?

How about a bola type weapon? Any old timey gamers may remember where that comes from. Man, I would love to have a Manta as well, but that's a different thread.
  14. Adeon

I think Harasser should not have access to secondary tank weapons and costs 150 resources.
    • Up x 1
  15. OldMaster80

Harasser is very fun at the moment, but it seems a little too "agile": today my driver managed to enter the building B in Crossroads, get to the 1 floor where there's the capture point, then on the rooftop and jump down like in the old "Dukes of Hazard" TV Movie, almost without taking damage :eek:
    Please devs put this on the shop!

16. Aesir

For those interested, I tested the resistance of the Harasser by shooting it with everything possible and came up with the following numbers.

2000 base health
    50% base resistance to front/side/top
    10% base resistance to rear

Effective health(no composite armor)
    4000 for front/sides/top
    2223 for rear

Effective health(with composite armor)
    7693 for front/sides/top
    6667 for rear

Compare this to the Tanks.

Lightning Front 6667(8572 reinforced)
    Lightning Sides/Top 5455(7500 reinforced)

Prowler/Magrider Front 8889(10000 reinforced)
    Prowler/Magrider Sides/Top 8000(10000 reinforced)

Vanguard Front 10527(12122 reinforced)
    Vanguard Sides/Top 8889(11429 reinforced)

Those numbers are not 100% proofen but they are very close.
    • Up x 1
  17. Turiel =RL=

Just for info: The Harasser was one of the least used vehicles in PS1.
  18. Chiggerbite

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.... but I'm pretty sure they changed the sound with yesterday's changes to the harasser. Personally, I liked the previous sound (In 3rd person view... 1st person seemed to have been bugged and sounded like a Flash previously). It had that beefy 4-stroke sound to it compared to the Flash.
  19. SpaceHobo

am i the only one who thinks that the vulcan for the harasser sucks? i mean its a minigun with 50 bullets in it, and thanks to the wobbly buggy its really hard to hit anything with it. The vulcan is only a good secondary weapon for the MBT.
    • Up x 1
  20. Shadowomega

From what I heard while testing today the buggy doesn't have a sound change when its shifts gears, were as the other vehicles actually do so. They could also change the pitch of the engine to make it sound like it actually has NOS going though the block.