MBT health buff. @MHigby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ranik, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Sebastien

2. Torok

I can‘t open twitter now, what Spacemoose3 tweet asked for?
  3. Sebastien

4. PyroPaul

Problem:
    Easy to Use Fire-and-Forget Anti-Tank weapons on infantry are too prevalent as well as too potent. They require Little Skill and are sure fire deterrent to armor as they do enough damage to take a decent chunk of health off of any tank, making the driver want to pull back and repair.

Higby Solution:
    BUFF TANK HEALTH!!!

Problem:
    Rocket Pods have generally way too high damage output for the agile and nimble ESF allowing skilled pilots to kill heavy armor in less then 4 seconds. Although the ESF itself is under performing because it is showing to be too frail to withstand dedicated anti-air fire, the rocket pods stand as an effective trump card over Tanks because of its raw damage output, high general accuracy, and high rate of fire.

Higby Solution:
    BUFF TANK HEALTH!!!

It makes me wonder if the devs actually try and understand the problems behind the game before they throw out these simplistic band-aid type fixes...
    • Up x 2
  5. Jex =TE=

Add 10% armour for each additional crew member and up the XP reward if you kill said tank and crew?
  6. iccle

20% was mentioned in the responses to that first tweet in a reply to @spacemoose3.

"the goal is about 20%, it'll vary slightly tank to tank."
  7. bobzebrick

Because people need healing/repairing, ammo, terminal hacking more than a rocket launcher maybe.
  8. PyroPaul

like 20% cooler?
    i hate memes some times.
  9. Torok

He i need to read that tweet myself, 20% more survivability does't mean 20% more hp, which is what i'm trying to point out, else there wouldn't have been need to specify from which source of dasmage (infantry & esfs in this case).
  10. loleator

This was much needed. Thanks!
  11. Sebastien

Engineers can spawn AV turrets, and drop ammo. There's no point in having Medics when you can just respawn instantly without a loss of tickets, there's no point in an Infiltrator because the only class you actually need are Engineers, and HA.
  12. Sebastien

20% more health, or 20% armor will give the same result. The tank will only absorb 1 more rocket, and C4/AT Mines will still kill with the same amount.
    • Up x 1
  13. Torok

ok. everyone in this thread who claims the MBTs are going to get a Health buff should stop smoking weed and come here when they're sober lol
    how could the OP came up with such a thread title, you're misleading an entire community

1st tweet:

Matthew Higby@mhigby
    We're working on retuning MBT armor for GU08, goal is to make them a bit more survivable vs. ESF and infantry based AV.

1st translation:
    "retuning mbt armor" = tweaking frontal / side / top and maybe rear base damage resistance/multiplier (as you should all know hits in the rear of a MBT deal 120% of the weapon damage)

Space moose question:

Space Moose@SpaceMoose3
    @mhigby Interesting. Any idea on how much more survivable?

2nd tweet:

Matthew Higby@mhigby
    @SpaceMoose3 th
    the goal is about 20%, it'll vary slightly tank to tank.

The possible outcome:
    OVERALL the MBTS (in different values for each empire specific tank, the vanguard should be the most armored of the three) will be 20% more resistant to INFANTRY AV & ESF LOLPODS (and maybe rotatory) there isn't written anywhere BUFF TO HP, elsewhere it would affect ALL VEHICLES WEAPONS and he wouldn't have said ESFand INFANTRY AV

The end.
    cordially, A Concerned Citizen
    • Up x 2
  14. hsal9

Only 2 classes you need in ps2 is engi and HA. If you are real bad at the game just hop into MAX so you can 0wnzzz noobins but thats not as efficient option. Only people who arent playing Certfamingside 2 are some sort of military larper tryhards and are pretty much a minority.
  15. Sebastien

Nice generalization.
    There is no proof that it is an armor buff, nor is there proof it's a health buff. All he said was "Survivability"
    • Up x 2
  16. bobzebrick

You obviously play the game mindlessly. Medics not needed, hacking turret / terminals not useful, are we playing the same game? Basically you are what has killed this game for me. SOE pandered to you all and now we have a massive meatgrinder / cert grind. Try and have a little but of creativity instead of camping Crown all day... or dare I say it go back to COD or BF3.
  17. vrcarnage

Roflmao! Love you sig because its so dang true. :p
  18. Torok

wtf!

READ:

Matthew Higby@mhigby
    We're working on retuning MBT armor for GU08, goal is to make them a bit more survivable vs. ESF and infantry based AV.
  19. Sebastien

I don't do that **** because I drive a ******* tank. There's guys in my Outfit who will go out on their own and harass the enemy, they will pull those classes because they won't have access to a Sunderer, there's still a use, but only for a few.
    Everyone else who Zergs a base will go HA/Engineer, some will go LA because it's fun but the majority will be HA/Eng.
    They will choose these classes because they are the most versatile.
    Enemy Armor? Pull out your Rocket Launcher
    Enemy Infantry? Pull out your LMG
  20. Xae

So it will take more more guy with ES AV or an AV turret to kill an MBT.

Seems fair enough.
    • Up x 2