CROWN DEFENDERS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, Apr 25, 2013.

1. DramaticExit

If you beleve this is true, you have probably not fought at many other bases. Splitpeak, The Bastion, infact... about half of amerish... Nott Amp station, Jaeger's crossing (tough to assault... makes it a giggle), Aurora Materials Lab... All produce better fights. The crown is fun, sure... But there are other bases which are far more fun if you bothered to look.

All these facilities have had seriously major fights in the last few days on the server I play on. Alerts are magic for this.

@ Mambakiller... The idea of an outfit of crown defenders is idiotic. Lets assume that the NC have pushed northwards past the crown, and are also in the process of capping Zurvan... What then? Sit on your molehill and grin?
    • Up x 1
  2. COMMANDER K33N

This guy has it right. Although it'd be nice to see the battles on the three seperate continents interact with eachother more - at the moment, we have three separate wars on 3 continents, not one war on 3 continents - the game does what it's supposed to do. Kill things, you get certs. Support team mates, you get certs. There is no "grand strategy" in this game, and it would be ridiculous to assume so. There are platoon tactics, and that's about as far as it goes. The startegy is "capture this base before the other guys do". The tactics are the order in which you do things at the base. That is literally it.

And it's fun.
  3. Mambakiller

Hello again, this message is for all who bashed my post:
    I may not be as much as a good player as you are, a strategist or a virtual copy of the Sun Tzu mentality, but i am good at shooting people.
    Me, and those who play with me, usually dont like to wait at the bases to cap them, but WE DO LIKE CERTS.
    Certs come from killing mostly, and is the only way to look forward at this game, is the only thing you have left to work for, because they have many uses.
    And the best way to farm certs is at Crown and Ti Alloys, not at Ceres Hydrophonics (for example...)
    There are the biolabs stand offs, but due to sheer amount of players squeezed in a tiny place,lag takes its toll, sowe dont play there.
    As i said, no one is forcing you to play there, but if you wanna play with us, we are located in Ceres, and our main goal is CERTS GAINING at this 2 bases.
    As a side note, some ppl playing with me , using boost , have come to cash in more then 800 certs a day ) maxes and infil mostly), they have many weapons unlocked on many classes or vehicles, just by doing that , and never ever used a dime on this game.
    Full kited liberators , vanguards, combat atv or sunderers, we have it all, just by doing this.
    And if we want the Crown, WE TAKE IT !
  4. bobzebrick

I can't wait for the delicious tears when all you farmville types realize crown is getting re-worked.
  5. meucha

1/10 for trolling. You should at least change your avatar to NC when trying to lure noobs into your lame tactic.
  6. Mambakiller

I am sure there will be more bases like these tho, there are MANY bases with good potential but unused atm, as many said, you go there and they are a baren land, empty and silent.
    So all is good, no worries.

What makes you think that if i post with a pic, i only play THAT class? I play all factions, and on each i make the things different.
    My tr play in a VERY organized outfit, my NC play the way i described, and my vanu is a solo tank driver.
    By far, the most kited character i have is my NC, and with the least amount played ( due to certs farming).
    This is a legit post, intended to help those who want to maximize their certs income.
    How we roll, you may ask ?
    3 fully kited libs, a sea of air suport, infantry and drop downs, the turrets die fast under 4-5 av engies pounding them, when the aa turrets are down, we roll in the combat sunderers and vangs.
    No one survives.
    We could do this at all bases?? Ofc.
    Will all bases have this high population and be a meat grinder as this? Nope.
  7. Zan_Aus

I'm just getting this picture of you standing there in your Napoleon hat yelling orders at your army trying to recapture that moment of nostalgia. Can you smell the gunpowder on the breeze, the screams of dying men, the feel of the parchment maps under your hands?

Fear not, PS2 can realise your dreams of pitting yourself against your seasoned foe. School children will read about your conquest of Nanite Overflow, in the same way they read about Rommel vs Montgomery, Alexander vs Darius, Napoleon vs Wellington, epic stuff.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mambakiller

Thank you, hehe, people should realize that this is just a game, sadly, judging by the bashing i have received based on my op, some take this as a matter of life itself....
    Very nice worded btw.
  9. Taemien

I don't understand the point of judging someone's playestyle. That is a problem with today's gamers. They play a certain way and expect everyone else to play the same way. If they don't they're mindless, egotistical, dumb, stupid, elitist, the list goes on and on.

If someone wants to play at the crown, why does it bother you? Is it because it takes people away from the areas you are fighting in? I then ask this, if they have a different playstyle, do you really want them to play where you are? Or would you rather keep like minded players? I'd take the latter myself and be happy with it.

If someone wants to take over a continent and take the time (and frustration) to herd cats to do it, why call them out for it? They are playing their way and not affecting you. You don't have to join their outfit or even their platoon. Do what you do, don't judge them.

If someone wants to be a lone player and sit in unoccupied areas to snipe players, why bother them about it?

The zerg, why do so many of you use this as a derogatory term? The zerg is just a group of players looking for something to do. They might have an hour to play or 6 hours to play. In the end it doesn't matter. They just want to group with a bunch of others for a large fight. They have fun doing it and are fine with that playstyle. Again why does it bother you all so much? If you don't like the zerg, avoid it.

None of these playstyles could possibly affect your play so I don't understand the vitriol players have for each other. I'm sorry to tell you but your way of playing, no matter which way it is, is not the only way. Each has its place, and each has its role. And the fact that they do not affect each other makes it a moot point to even complain about. The continents are just far too large for any playstyle to entirely dominate.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mambakiller

Question: are you sure the players with witch you play atm, like the play style you imposed?
    Because many like only to kill stuff, and this is the only way of playing for them, farming kills for certs, but they are being forced into other things by outfit leaders, whom , even if close to take a biolab, they move a squad from that location to a small outerbase, depriving them from the certs and the xp they fight for at the biolab...
    I have encountered this many times, and while playing my tr on the outfit, i made it clear that i will not obey such orders.
    I also DO CARE if my ppl are being farmed or die too much, unlike other platoon leaders who say "well, rush in and die"....this is a no-no for me.
    We have a guy who only play for 2 months, granted he uses boosts, but he have all his infantry, i mean all, fully certed, and a liberator. Do that please, with capping 300 pts bases in 5 minutes, and tell me how it works for you.
  11. GamingForFun

mamba the guy who was crying about the balance in the game for a few weeks, switched to nc now^^. cant believe it;:(
    just check his threads against NC and now hes fighting with us. this guy is just fighting for the nc now, cause he couldnt win alerts against us when he was online^^
    4th faction leader maybe?^^
  12. Vintorez

There is no Indar, only Crown.