MBT health buff. @MHigby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ranik, Apr 25, 2013.

1. f0d

big HE blasts is the wrong way to go imo - they should be able to take a beating in the thick of battle and not be able to easily spam infantry with HE shells
    i dont expect everyone will agree with me though but thats what i think
    • Up x 1
  2. KnightCole

Vanguard defenses are good, but hte gun is wouch. FOr a 150mm gun, it sure doesnt pack much BANG......
  3. NDroid

At least it's something, and 20% isn't that big a number considering how vulnerable MBTs are right now. Seeing how AV weapons scale, I think this is more of a stopgap measure because the whole infantry vs. armor relation as well as the ease with which MBTs are pulled need to be addressed.

As for the AV Mana turret, even if its projectiles will render properly it still needs its range limited or at least making the rocket lose its steering capability past a certain range because even if MBTs know where the damage came from, they have no way to effectively retaliate at those extreme ranges.
    • Up x 4
  4. EliteEskimo

[IMG]

Thanks Blarg, I couldn't have done it without people like you who posted good feedback. I merely brought the wood and started the fire, everyone else helped me maintain it.:cool:
  5. XRIST0

Tanks need slightly more health , i dont know how this is going to work out the battlefield though .
  6. EliteEskimo

Perhaps, but the inner radius splash circle damage on HEAT and HE need to be buffed to OHK again. I face palm whenever my HEAT shells land literally at the tips of an infantry's toes and they run off to live and tell the tale.:rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  7. Blarg20011

Sure thing, I am also hearing rumors of more defensible facilities on the test server (http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/fixing-defense.112285/). Looks like the devs have finally started listening to the players.
  8. EliteEskimo

Yes and it only takes maintaining a thread hourly for 2 weeks straight till it gets over 10,000+ views, 500 + Replies, and more combined likes than some road map ideas :p

Either way I'm very grateful they listened. Also I liked your defense revamp/buff thread, we need better bases and not big empty rooms with stacked boxes. :D
  9. skoorviel

What are you smoking? The ESF is still the easiest vehicle for me to rack up kills with
    • Up x 2
  10. EliteEskimo

He might be worried that the MBT will take 3-4 seconds to kill with rocketpods from the rear instead of 1 :rolleyes:

Good pilots like yourself will likely not have to many problems with this health buff. IMO you can buff a MBT's health a lot, but the bad tankers will still overextend themselves to give you all the openings you could ever want to kill them with rocketpods, C4, you name it.:D
    • Up x 3
  11. Bhudda V1

maybe just halfing the range of the turret and making the missle less maneuverable because it's too much what the missle can do right now, because they shouldn't be more effective than a HA at taking Armour at any range. just how i feel
  12. moooosa

Vehicle health should be about double. Vehicle weapon damage vs infantry should be reduced. 20% is because SOE are too wimp to make the big changes the game really needs.

Also I'll never understand how it was ever considered a good idea to give one tank double the fire rate but not half the damage per shot, but I digress.
    • Up x 1
  13. Nocturnal7x

They should double vehicle HP, all of them, but fix the resource system. This is a stupid bandaid that wont fix the problem.
    • Up x 1
  14. Blarg20011

Soo what, 1200xp for a Sunderer? Plus passengers? No thank you, the recent buff the vehicle xp was more than enough and, if anything, is justified by this change.
    • Up x 1
  15. {joer

Tanks who die to C4 deserve to die.
    • Up x 3
  16. Blarg20011

As a tanker, agreed.
    • Up x 2
  17. WalrusJones

I did not make any judgements on the data, I only translated it to a form which is easier to understand to the average forumgoer.
  18. Nocturnal7x

oops, meant to write HP, not XP lol. fail
  19. Blarg20011

Lol, sorry about that. I was kinda wondering what you were smoking there for a while.
    • Up x 1
  20. FnkyTwn

Doesn't that sound a little sad though? You've had that thread up weeks now,
    and apparently.. it had to be forwarded to the Devs. They must be too "busy"
    reading Reddit, or keeping up with Twitter to pay attention to their own forum.

For what it's worth though, your postings probably had to be printed out and
    then put into a comically large hardbound book (so they would all fit) and then
    wheeled into one of their meetings, cause you've got a lot of "ideas".
    • Up x 2