SOE I waited 5 months to buy VS MAX weapons: Then you ninja nerf it after 24 hours!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Sogui, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Mcponington

This is such a joke, the effective range of the cosmos is now 8-12m. Anything shorter and you will get screwed by the deadzone. Anything longer and a heavy can easily 1v1 you. It has no use as a suppression weapon as people can just run past doors and barely get hit even if you have numerous cosmos maxes they won't die.
  2. Van Dax

I want a refund now. But I don't think they'll refund two weapons.
  3. Tenhi

I guess 3/4 of the Vanu MAXs need new weapons eh? Great way to make money. Nerf the most accurate gun to be the least accurate one. Also who ever bought the Cosmos because of 75 bulletmag?

Best thing is he is like "And no refund for you!". Well I guess we used them (most of us) for quite some time now... would actually be pretty strange if they refunded. Then again its def. not the weapon I bought... not even close. Its like it took a 180° turn on its stats.

The biggest question now is: What weapon to buy to replace the Cosmos? I think for now I will get my ~200 kills with each Cosmos for my Auraxiums and then buy a Nebula and use the Quasar Mainhand...
  4. Rodek

I can't believe this actually happened. Out of all the cases that would warrant a refund I think this one takes the cake. The only reason people bought the cosmos was because of its accuracy. It can even be debated its accuracy was intentional because the developers themselves said in the MAX guide that the cosmos was the accurate gun. For 6 months we've been lead to believe the cosmos' stats were concrete.

The cosmos didn't even warrant a nerf which is made evident by the fact that the VS MAX has the lowest score/hr of the three factions. We all saw mercy and hacksaw nerf threads but I've never seen a cry for the cosmos to be nerfed.

This could have been handled so much better, so much cleaner. Instead, they've chosen to undermine what little trust the players had in SOE.
  5. Giggily

According to Higby you can get your Cosmos exchanged, assuming you bought it before the rebalance.
  6. Mcponington

I put in a ticket to have my cosmos refunded or swapped for blueshifts. Fingers crossed. Ill let you guys know how it works out.
  7. TheTreeness

8. Dytto

But the bugged stats were from the beginning
  9. Mcponington

It makes you wonder if Higby even knows that the cosmos was performing exactly the same since release up until the hotfix which fixed the bugged stats.

Here is a video of how it used to perform, uploaded march 19.

10. Vadimir

"As I said in that tweet, if you bought the weapon on the day of / day after the patch last week, when the stats were bugged and it's accuracy was swapped with the Blueshift, CS will unlock the Blueshift for you if you don't already have it."
    -las0m (Higby)

I honestly don't think he does...

While I am of the opinion that the Cosmos did have to have its accuracy bonus swapped to the Blueshift because the in-game descriptions trump almost everything (although they completely over did the nerf), the whole Cosmos saga, which has been running now for 5 months and counting, just gets more and more farcical as time goes on.

Lets see;
    Launch - Cosmos has both increased ammo and increased accuracy when it's only supposed to have increased ammo. The Blueshift which is the gun that is supposed to have the increased accuracy instead has decreased accuracy.
    -SOE insist that the VS MAX weapons are working as intended.
    -SOE releases an intel brief on the MAX which recommends that people buy the Cosmos because of it's increased accuracy.
    -SOE finally fixes the Blueshift five months after release but at the same time reduces the Cosmos' accuracy by far too much.
    -Higby claims that the Cosmos was buffed.
    -Higby says he'll look into claims that the Cosmos was infact nerfed saying it should not have been.
    -Higby confirms that it was indeed nerfed not buffed but that the nerf was intentional because it should not have had the Blueshifts increased accuracy bonus.
    -Higby claims that the Cosmos/Blueshift stats were only mixed up on the day of / day after the patch.

While I don't expect Higby to know everything, given that he claims to have looked into this carefully to make sure his information was correct you'd think he'd be aware that the Cosmos and Blueshift had their stats mixed up for more than just two days.

It all adds up to one big farce, and the worst thing, the worst thing is that it's still running...
  11. tenzenator

this is ********, i have anough of this unprofessional statements, they are like, little kids in the sandbox, and unfortunately we are the sandbox :(
  12. Quiiliitiila

Ok, response from Higby... Not what I wanted to hear though :(

Yay... So we're stuck with the garbage they nerfed it into. I asked a follow-up about whether or not they're going to look into it again because of it's trashy state, no guarantees he'll respond though. You can find the conversation on my page or his and jump in if you'd like, I could use some back up :p
  13. Flying Mug

Gives ya warm fuzzies to know that the devs apparently don't know something most of the Vanu sovereignty player base has been telling each other since December.
  14. Quiiliitiila

It's pretty lame the only way we can get anyone to listen is through twitter. If Higby or T-ray would take the time to read what our beef is, I'm fairly sure they'd agree with what we have to say. Unfortunately there's no good way to contact devs in this game...

Anyone try writing up a reddit post? We could spam that as a tweet to all the devs :p
  15. Prodigal

There has been no thing like a Cosmos rebalance. It was explicitly intended to be a buff, as Higby stated himself; the accuracy nerf was an accident.
  16. Prodigal

Great idea - honestly I have no clue about how to do it :S
  17. Prodigal

I dont want a refund. I want either the Cosmos to work properly or have the Blueshifts instead.
    • Up x 1
  18. Quiiliitiila

What's even more ridiculous is the fact that ONLY if you bought the cosmos on the day they were "buffed" right before they were hotfixed and nerfed can you be refunded. That sucks for almost every veteran VS MAX user out there who had bought the Cosmos early on when they were saying it was working as intended.

That's not the point either, I DON'T WANT A REFUND! Even if they offered it... I'd rather they made the cosmos a viable weapon again...
  19. (CSG) LukasAlexander

I purchased my Cosmos on the evening of the 17/4/2013 which meant I effectively had use of them for one evening before the patch was released. I additionally spent 1400 SC on them thinking that their statistics were now (after 6 months) set in stone.
    This is what I emailed to SOE just after the patch :

I would like to know what has happened to the Vanu max weapons (Cosmos) in particular as i spent 1400 SC earlier this week 15th-21st April after using them in the VR training, as opposed to purchasing blueshifts ( falsely described as the most accurate). And now it appears that the Cosmos have been altered and made significantly worse. I would like to know if there is a chance that something could be done about this as I am very unhappy with the situation.
    Thanks,

Their response :

Thank you for contacting PlanetSide 2, GM Terminus here!

I understand you are curious about our recent Stats change with the Cosmos. Because this is an MMO the game is constantly growing and changing, all items are subject to good change we try to sustain balance in the game between factions so that all players will have an equal fighting chance to take over a continent and level up. I do understand your frustration of losing stats on such a great weapon however everything is subject to change.

So it looks like they don't care.
    If so, that's me finished with SOE.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  20. Quiiliitiila

Preaching to the choir here... We're all pretty fed up with this nerf. It was completely unwarranted and something the NO ONE was calling for. No TR players were complaining about the Cosmos, no NC players were either. Even with the Cosmos we still struggled to keep up with the other empire's MAX units.

The Cosmos was the only thing that was even remotely good about the VS MAX, now we have the Blueshift which has ok accuracy, but doesn't bring the same punch to the table that the Cosmos did. The Nebula is the only thing that I MIGHT consider trying, because it's supposedly fairly decent in CQC, but as a VS PLAYER I don't want to be stuck with just a CQC weapon...