Sparrows are a bit much

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devrailis, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Devrailis

If they're released as they are (which I doubt), then we're going to get a flood of tears similar to what we saw from TR/VS players during the Phoenix Launcher release.

Dual-Sparrows insta-gib infantry, destroy land based vehicles while allowing you to strafe into cover after firing, they even eat liberators alive.

The reload speed is insanely fast given what the weapons can do. At the very least, double the reload time.
  2. Copasetic

3. Devrailis

4. ThePackage

You mean the double AV turrets that we have strapped to our arms? Dual sparrows make dual hacksaws look like pellet guns. I don't even know if halving the damage would be enough. Albeit all the new AV weapons are really good, the sparrows are heads and tails better than anything.
  5. Udnknome

It's strange that I see this post, yet the striker is still alive and well and no one is complaining about that.

Maybe there has been a nerf recently, I don't seem to be plagued by strikerspam everywhere I drive a tank.

I just hope they don't screw them up like they did the jackhammer.

ESF should be able to outrun it (if they run), but gals and libs should be eaten for lunch.

The fact they can be used so effectively against infantry should probably be nerfed. -- can you combine this with the Shield?
    • Up x 1
  6. Devrailis

The shield disables all weapons fire.

And yes, my main concern is that it insta-gib's infantry too easily. Strikers can't dumb-fire, so infantry are fairly immune to them. Basically, the Sparrow can do pretty much EVERYTHING.
  7. {joer

:confused:

Tell me you were giggling as you wrote this. I can't imagine anyone being this wrong headed.
  8. Mefi

If the extended mags cert will be available after release then TR players will be upset even more.
    Right now the Sparrow looks like the suggested wire-guided Striker.

These traits... Oh, BTW, while the Sparrow has TR "MOAR projectiles" trait , the Fracture has VS "no drop". VS always had 167 dmg guns.
    We have spies here! :eek:
  9. Hosp

It's a TEST SERVER.
    • Up x 1
  10. Aegie

Yeah, but it sounds like the OP is trying to use the test server to test things and discuss them so that they get fixed prior to going live- seems to make sense to me.
    • Up x 6
  11. Udnknome

Maybe that is the fix then, Make them lock on only like the striker.

It was only 4 lines man, and even spaced between subjects, I can't believe you didn't read the whole post.
  12. Scientiarum

There is a test server discussion section in the forums for this though...
    • Up x 3
  13. Devrailis

Yeah, that's the plan. I'm rethinking the double reload time suggestion though, that was a bit knee-jerk on my part.

It would make more sense to nerf the damage to infantry so that it doesn't insta-gib them. Otherwise, we're just repeating the same mistake that was made with the Phoenix Launcher during its release. If the Sparrow is meant to be an AV weapon, it should be used for AV, not for AI. I want to WANT my Hacksaws and Flamers for AI combat.

Having AV weapons like the Sparrow be so good at gibbing infantry is going to cause me to run around with Sparrows All The Time, and now I'll have an anti-infantry/vehicle/air cannon that can handle pretty much every situation besides complete in your face CQC (which Hacksaws are still the best at dealing with).

Flamers also need fixing. Weapon convergence causes them to be worthless at point-blank CQC. In fact, you kind of have to force your targets to be roughly 6-8 meters in front of you for consistent hits with both arms, and even then the TTK feels fairly high, though I'd rather TR and VS MAX players chime in on how they feel about the flamethrower's TTK as well since it's going to be common pool. I just don't see myself trading away my dual-HAXSAWs for them anytime soon.
  14. Fenrisk

NC can have our striker arms. I am sick and tired of the developers giving TR lock-ons and lock-downs. Lock ons are BORING. NO TR is going to be rolling a max to use duel lock on launchers that leave that max completely defenceless vs infantry and maxes.

Frigging knew the devs would do this but hoped they would show the TR some originality. NOPE. Let's cut and paste strikers and call it a great day in the office. What a joke.

Last thing i would want to do is jump off my heavy with a striker to go striker max. Especially when it adds NOTHING to the TR side in terms of current tactics.
  15. Aegie

Good point and fair enough- though, from experience I have to say that it can be difficult to have worthwhile threads (read: with a fair amount of input) when you post anywhere other than the behemoth that is "gameplay discussions". It would be better if people were more aware of and spent more time considering the various different forum topics available though, so kudos.
    • Up x 2
  16. Devrailis

Do you remember the rocket launcher from Unreal Tournament? The one that could fire multiple rockets at once? TR should get something like that. Maybe give them a charge time or something, then BOOM, carpet bomb an area with 5 or 6 rockets (with reduced individual damage of course). That would fit TR's MO much better, more dakka, more rockets, more missile spam.
  17. Deronok

Gameplay discussion is where people tend to just whine and throw temper tandrums. It's less likely that when looking for feedback on the test server stuff, that the deves are going to waste time looking anywhere by the test server forum.
    • Up x 1
  18. Phazaar

Seriously, it's impossible to win at Forumside 2. If you post BEFORE something comes out, you're either told 'IT'S A TEST SERVER', or 'WAIT FOR IT TO GO LIVE', and if you post afterwards you're told 'Don't know what you're complaining for now; it's been on the test server for weeks. You had your chance!'
    • Up x 3
  19. Ash87

The Sparrow isn't as bad as the Frag Cannon, be much more concerned about that thing.
  20. Devrailis

I still win, his post is irrelevant. :cool:

In all seriousness, rather than wasting time and posts debating where posts should go and when to post, they should either shut their traps and play, or, like some of us, actually discuss what we're finding on the test server.

The frag cannon should probably get a damage nerf as well, but I do notice that it's completely worthless at close range because of the grenade bounce. It also seems prone to massive amounts of grief, and significantly, running two of those cannons is going to leave a MAX completely defenceless against C4 packing LAs.
  21. anaverageguy

I am much more concerned about the frag cannon. I cannot see how a group of those wouldn't cause massive deaths on both sides, especially if the shots are spread out so that there's nearly nowhere to run.