Always vastly outnumbered

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RobotNixon, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Frosty The Pyro

I have characters on matterson, helios, and waterson.

Materson TR pops are very low regularly
    Helios ocasionaly has very low TR pops, but normaly its at least in the 30s
    Waterson the TR often outpop the NC (at least in the evenings, which is when I tend to play)

that is absolutely horrid and would not solve the pop balance at all. its a F2P game, there are LOTS and LOTS of characters and acounts that are not active. Heck you could intentionaly depopulate the enemy by making alternate acounts and filling the enemy with inactive characters preventing folks who want to play that faction on that server from creating characters in the frist place. you could maybe have a limit of not leting people log on when their faction has x many more players than the other factions, though a dynamic pop limit like that would be better served on a continent by contenent level than a world level.
  2. FatherVanu

Apparently you haven't play on Waterson yet where TR almost always dominates the pop
  3. GraphicJ

How do you have so much time to level up so many characters? Up to BR 95.
  4. ZoeAlleyne

No one is going to go to that effort man. You just tried to invalidate my idea with an idea so stupid the Devil Dogs wouldn't even go for it.
  5. Frosty The Pyro

1. never underestimate the effort someone will go through just to be a dick.
    2. inactive acounts are still an issue even if everyone is being legit and its simply folks who played and decided it wasnt for them.
  6. Tuhljin

So? Even if that were true, it's irrelevant. SOE has to fix this problem no matter the cause. And no matter how many people in the overwhelming majority faction (whatever it might be, varying from server to server) whine about the solution (e.g. queues for the majority faction triggering when populations are relatively high but before the server's actually getting full).