Striker is rediculous

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codeak, Apr 24, 2013.

1. MilitiaMan

No, I just enjoy the TR and VS female insults more.
  2. FatherVanu

all I can say is don't fly so low to the ground BOOM problem solved
  3. Laraso

That's a bunch of crap. He wasn't saying that HA's are able to kill Libs 1v1. He didn't say anything like that. OF COURSE a Liberator will beat a Striker 1v1. That doesn't matter though when in reality it's closer to a 1v4 or 1v5, with all the people running around with Strikers. Most of the time you can't even tell where they are firing from.

It's the same thing with the AV turret. DUH, a tank will easily beat it 1v1. But most of time you can't even tell where the engineer is shooting you from. And there are often multiple AV turrets firing at you simultaneously.

Come on man, it's not hard to figure that out.
    • Up x 2
  4. Codeak

Nope.
  5. Ganelon

You mean that piece of **** that refuses to do damage half the time and had counters in the game before it even was released?

I smell incompetence.
  6. Codeak

lol
  7. Jube

It depends on the number of HA's using them. One or two guys and it's no impact on air really, six to eight guys and air is having trouble, fifteen to twenty guys and air is gonna have a real bad day. Add in a couple double burster max's and you better get an umbrella cause it's gonna be raining aircraft parts. But the same can be said of the Lancer, a few acting alone no big deal, a group acting together will own face.
    The "Bug" your referring to doesn't effect damage per se' . The bug happened during the last patch and what happens is that after you fire all your rockets you can't fully resupply from a ammo pack. You may only get maybe 6 instead of 15. So from a total damage perspective yes there is a problem, but not a problem of damage from a single rocket. At least that is what has been happening to me.

But hey I'm a TR player and have been calling for the "Lock On" to be changed to a laser guidance system from the start. But there seems to be alot of folks out there who would rather keep it the way it is, so...what can we do? We'll just keep spamming the sky with rockets until the Developers wake up.
  8. Codeak

Well the "folks" you speak of are the noobies.

See, this game is F2P with no brackets of any sort, so it needs to make everyone super super happy at the same time, and the only way to even the game out (where even skill isn't a problem/influential) is to introduce lock ons.

So it will never ever ever go away or be changed.

Welcome to Planetside TWOOOOOOOOO!
  9. Jube

Unfortunately you may be correct in your assessment of the future. But I will keep hoping that things will change. I would love to have a ESRL that takes a modicum of skill to use. I might be in the minority of players who would wish for that, but we are out there in the TR.
    So when you bash us for having the "striker" remember there are those of us in the TR that hate it as bad as you do.
  10. Codeak

Well the thing is the casual players go infantry, so they don't want to have to have a learning curve to defeat things.
  11. Armchair

Did I accidentally log into 4chan?
    • Up x 2
  12. Fenrisk

This is a squad/platoon based game. Going infantry is required to take or hold points while using air is entirely optional. That's not to say air isn't extremely useful at times but its limited based on the fight or outfit you run in.

Having a upgraded galaxy and doing galaxy drops while keeping players on the guns to take out enemy sunderers/air/infantry is great. Having a few outfit mates backing your squad up in ESF's is also useful. Flying around farming for the sake of farming is dull and boring. That's why some players don't spend most of their time in the pilot seat. It gets old fast.

In regards to this thread. Lib's do better then all tanks, ESF's and all rocket launchers in terms of score per hour. If they were useless or if strikers were some new king in anti-air battles then libs would be doing far worse then they are. Anti-Air max is far better then a striker. The ONLY reason this thread got started is striker rockets are DELAYED damage so they catch pilots as they are running from the battle to repair sometimes killing them. In turn the pilot rages that he died once and posts on the forums saying OMG OP.
  13. bobzebrick

Then take libs is masses maybe? It was done to us today on Ceres during an event and the NC pulled it off, vs 2 striker squads and AA max. They all had flares mind you, no lib rolls with flares until the striker came out. Talk about lazy.
  14. Codeak

Ok lol?
  15. LightningWolfTigrBer

Thought I'd try communicating in a way he'd be familiar with.
  16. Codeak

What are you talking about? I speak english cant you tell?
  17. KandonArk

I don't really see it as a problem to be honest. The striker excels AA to make up for it's general lack of use against ground targets, while the lancer and phoenix are the opposite. When I'm flying the only time strikers bother me is if I run into a pack of them, at which point I get the hell out, same I would with a nest of burster MAXes. I don't really see why a liberator should be able to provide fire support with that much AA in the area.
    • Up x 2
  18. QuakerOatsMan

A fundamental problem with your thread, codeak, is that you're not offering any solutions/etc. aside from saying that something is OP. IE: Your statement doesn't offer much constructive substance and only highlights what you consider to be a problem, meaning that it achieves nothing in the long run besides generating arguments, digressions, etc.
    If you think it's OP, then what do you want done with the striker that will keep it in balance with the other ESRLs?

(Take note that I'm not taking a side here, simply pointing out a problem that detracts from your stance's validity).
  19. ThaPhreak

some numbers for you people.

lib = 4000 hp

striker - 500dmg x5 rounds rapid fire lock on x 2 heavy's = lib screwed no matter what they do the damn things chase em down in most cases, i have noticed that even after i flare in an ESF i get hit by at least 2 striker rounds bout 2 out of 10 times i try to evade strikers. (i assume server lag but who knows in ps2 anymore.) granted escape is not impossible but def much much harder when there is 2-3 heavys

penux - 750 dmg x4 rounds cam guided from cover (provided they are skilled enough to actually hit the target) x2-3 heavy's = lib screwed trying to find the targets shooting blue balls at them or flys away to get his/her free repair xp

lolancer- full charge = 750dmg x 2 =1500 dmg x 3 heavys (providing the steep curve of figuring out the the projectile speed vs distance of lib) = lib laughs and fly's away to get his/her free repair xp. cause even in numbers, half the people miss cause the steep learning curve.

My two pence,
    Phreak
  20. Tullerion

Nothing to see here folks OP is a terrible troll or a kid or just doesn't know how to play.. or all the above, he even copies others "helpful" threads and claims them as his own... /thread