The Lancer

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by SolRG, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Mekhazzio

This isn't correct. Level 1 charge is the default state and requires no charge, obviously, or you'd start at a level zero and have to charge just to deal any damage. Level 2 takes 1.5s to charge, level 3 is 3.0.
  2. RachelGomez

3. WildCatNL

I'm not aware the reduces charge times even more, sounds good to me
  4. TheTreeness

For AV purposes, the Striker is the all round best for average FPS players since its Lock On, but if you get a squad of the FPS elite with the Lancer they'll pull the disappearing act on any vehicle that try's to get close..
  5. mpal

As someone with over 200 kills with it, of only using it for a week, I'd say its completely worth it.

You wont be using it as much as a decimator since it leaves you wanting more in CQC situations with maxes (read crappy alpha) and vehicles. It is amazing at sniping ESFs who are hovering too long and forcing libs off field. It is really good at medium - long range vehicle sniping as well. You wont get a bunch of vehicle kills unless you run with an outfit that runs lancer squads, but you will get a lot of assists and they add up.

As other people have said, you want to charge it up to the full 3 shot when dealing with vehicles. They are also good at killing burster maxes from a distance. Charging it up does about 2/3 damage to the max's health. They are good at killing maxes at medium - long range too, even the single shots do good damage to maxes so don't be afraid to not charge it up. You can snipe flashes on the move, just make sure you fully charge it and hit the flash instead of the driver.

The projectile speed also goes up with the number of charges. Keep that in mind too.
  6. maobezw

i like the lancer very much. its good for chasing away those nasty hover-libs ;D
  7. Frosty The Pyro

Neither the pheonix nor the striker can kill an ESF in one mag, though the pheonix takes em REALY close so they burn to death shortly after, but if they are running fire supresion or have the crazy reflexs needed to pul a mid air repair that fast then they can get away. The striker deals 2500 damage in a mag, and ESFs have 1750 health, but also have a 50% damage resitance to lock on rockets (as well as many other weapons such as the lancer, AV mana turret, enforcer, falcons, etc), so thats 1250. Two full charge lancer hits do 3000 damage (but again 50% resist) so thats 1500 damage. Pheonix (which is by far the least likely to actualy hit an air vehicle) does 1700 damage to air units (2000 to ground vehciles, and 750 to infantry).

The more you know
    Rainbow.jpg
    • Up x 2
  8. Mr. Troffleops

I've been getting utterly violated by the Lancer as of late. So clearly the VS are starting to use it in packs. It rocks armor like you would not believe. I've watched silly TR roll in over thirty to forty prowlers on some little outpost on Esamir and they all got rocked in under five minutes by a dedicated Lancer squad. In groups the lancer is much more effective then the standard VS lock on launchers. I've never used it however, we may have gone up against an exceptionally talented VS platoon.
  9. hansgrosse

Pretty much this.

When I play HA as Vanu these days, the Lancer is mandatory equipment. When I choose not to bring it along, I almost always end up regretting it. It is a powerful weapon, and deceptively versatile to boot.

Also: One fully charged shot and two quick 1-charge follow-ups = dead infantry. They often can't react fast enough to get away once the first shot hits them.