AMR-66

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Firmware, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Firmware

I really want to like this gun. My problem is I'd have a better chance killing someone with by throwing it at them.

Is anyone having success with this thing? I'm approaching Araxium on my TMG and would love to use this gun.
  2. MaxDamage

It's still bad.
    It's still oooohhhhh so bad.
  3. R-A-B

You ******** me? AMR-66 is better than most sniper rifles, I love it, just use it at mid-long range, it is not going to be as effective in CQC.
  4. Hypest

This comment is bad. But sadly it's true:

BRs has slower bullet velocity than the LMGs
    BRs has the ADS CoF of medium range LMGs (0,1), the longish ranged LMGs has 0.03 (Gaus SAW has 0)

Buying the 6x scope doesn't worth it.

The only thing that the BRs are better is the accuracy of the follow-up shots, but the first shot is going to be more accurate on the TMG-50 than on the AMR-66.

BRs are still nowhere near even of the 99SV sniper rifle. Being better is bullsht.
  5. Mr. Troffleops

I have some outfitmates who SWEAR by the AMR after the recent patch. They use it excusively. That being said, I don't own it, and probably never will for the reasons stated above.
  6. MaxDamage

Time for a new outfit, brother.
  7. Badname2490

Battle Rifles are broken....
  8. KnightCole

I Trialed the Warden on a BR test dummy toon I made. His only upgrade was NWA2. I ended up going like 14-2 against a group of VS.

The Warden is great now. Recoil is good, dmg is amazing, its accurate, has low kick....its a very nice gun now.

I never used te AMR much, but if its anything like the Warden now, its not the gun thats the problem.
  9. Firmware

Because they're successful with a certain weapon?

Yep, that's a damn fine reason to leave an outfit of friends.

/boggle
  10. TheBloodEagle

Each factions Battle Rifle has the exact same stats, except for Vanu no bullet drop, just FYI.
  11. Iosef Stalin

12. Mekhazzio

As a moderately heavy Eidolon user (900 kills, ~200 of which are post-buff), I can attest that the battle rifles are much, much better now. The recoil is night and day from what they were before. They can now put out some fairly tight groupings, fairly fast, which makes them viable in general combat. I feel like my battle rifle is mostly on par with my Ursa for medium-range combat. A little better if my headshot aim is hot that day, a little worse if it's not. More or less equivalent.

...but they still don't feel like battle rifles. They're just a normal PS2 heavy-LMG tuned slightly heavier. They don't have the range or alpha strike that you'd expect from the name, and a semi-auto weapon balanced around a high rate of fire is rather annoying to use due to all the clickclickclickclick. Ammo is a serious concern; compared to their nearest kin, the Gauss SAW, the battle rifles deal only 25% more damage per shot but have an 80% smaller magazine with 66% less total ammo. Hope you've got engineers around.

So, they're decent, but there's not really any reason to get one. They're a bit tedious to use and don't feel or play much different than any generic low ROF automatic. I grabbed it because the Flare and Ursa didn't exist at the time, otherwise I probably wouldn't have.

If they had the stats of the semi-auto scout rifles, they'd have more reason to exist. That's what a battle rifle ought to feel like.
    • Up x 1
  13. KnightCole

In which case, its a pretty good gun then.
  14. Mekhazzio

Like most other small arms, if you're at a range where bullet drop is even noticeable, you're just wasting your time with battle rifles. They're a medium-range weapon. They don't have the cone of fire, or the shot velocity, or the damage, or the ammo, to be effective at bringing people down at longer ranges. With a 6x scope you can see the bullet deviate widely off your aimpoint. The battle rifles are not sniper rifles, mini- or otherwise, and trying to use them as such will just result in disappointment.

To add insult to injury, because they make the sniper-shot crack sound on the receiving end, people react to them like actual sniper fire and spaz out, which puts paid to actually landing the 3-6 hits necessary.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ruar

Was at Jaeger Crossing tonight and shooting at NC under and around the bridge piling with the AMR. No kills, no kill assists, and not much damage. Bullet drop was bad, damage was pathetic, and I was not impressed. I had nearly the same number of hits with the Bull just firing single shots with a 2x scope.

The shots need to have faster projectile speed and no drop. Damage can stay the same but if I have to compensate for bullet drop I might as well just single shot the TMG since I can also use it when it comes time to move closer.
  16. ColdCheezePizza

I've wanted to buy this gun for a while, when it was buffed waited for the opinions and couldn't figure out why this gun has such a notorious reputation for not finishing the job when I was dropping dummies in the VR like flies. I think the sniper bullet sound we'v all come to associate with ohk headshots combined with the low velocity is a major factor for this. The buffs were a step the right direction, but doubt I'll be buying one until they remove the sniper sound to the bullet, just because of the panic flee response it triggers.
  17. FnkyTwn

On the Test Server currently, 6x Scopes now have sway to them.
    What SOE gives with one hand, they take away with the other. :)
  18. Tyzh

Did they remove sway from the the low grade optics on the sniper rifles as well? (The TSAR-42, Ghost, and SAS-R as well as the KSR-35, Phantom, and Impetus.)

As for the OP, I think the Battle Rifles are quite viable after their buff. Being able to land headshots at medium range with it is pretty important, in my experience.
  19. Torok

the BR is good for a certain type of fights hence it goes with a specific gameplay, i like it, but i don't pull it out much, tbh almost never, but when i do it does its job kind of fine, it could use a projectile speed buff, nothing more
  20. Nenanu

I dont see why people rip on the Amr-66 Its the gun i have 2nd most kills with. And for sure.
    Kills 275
    Kills Pr min 0.22
    accuracy 23%
    Shots 11,783
    Headshots 76
    hit count2,693
    Score 94,714
    Even though i have more kills with my Hailstorm(200 more). This one have 20k More score.
    Meaning this one have been faster in certs.