They fixed the blueshift! (cosmos got nerfed)

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Apr 19, 2013.

1. S0LAR15

All wrong, do you work for SOE?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...AI)&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Notice the mutilator IS A STRAIGHT FRAKKING UPGRADE!!!!! I'm only asking for balance here, why do we VS get gimped side grades, when TR and NC regularly get straight upgrades. Not just in this case but in LMGs and carbines? Frakking fix it already. Any more of this rubbish and I'll be sure to make thread after thread on MLG about how ****** PS2 balance is, I won't stop until MLG drop this game for being an uncompetitive muddy potato. It's not rocket science, you've even got people in the community who can do the numbers for you!

The DPS is also not higher, why bother to explain that though.

Don't comment if you don't now what the frak is going on.
  2. Dragonblood

so much rage that I don't even get the point. The Onslaught's ranged combat was nerfed and the Mercies CQC nerfed.
  3. S0LAR15

Yea I edited it, was so rage filled I said onslaught instead of mutilator.

Still if anyone had looked at the stars they could see it.
  4. Tenhi

5. Ronin Oni

Complaining your LMG's are only sidegrades to the Orion?

One of the most commonly agreed best LMG's??

lmmfao
  6. Dragonblood

Correct me, if I am wrong, but without this nerf the Cosmos would be a straight upgrade to the Quasar?
  7. Quiiliitiila

8. CoffeeBreak

I've been playing since launch and have not bad mouthed SOE on anything(though I avoid "fanboyish" praise). I have a phoenix and annihilators. They were nerfed for balance and I accepted they were a little OP. But this....this is a bug or a money grab.

Blueshift was supposed to be longer range with good accuracy. Cosmo supposedly got it's stats and the Blueshift ended up being crap. Everyone bought the Cosmos because it served the role they were looking for. Why would they switch it back now? Blueshift and Cosmos are just silly names. There is no reason the Cosmos can't just be the longer range, accurate one and Blueshift can be whatever role Cosmos was supposed to fill.

SOE obviously knows the majority of AI VS Max users bought the Cosmos and this isn't even a "buyer beware blah blah your crap got nerfed" situation, nothing even got "nerfed" they just moved the desireable stats to something else that's still available. You know I'm not even mad, just disappointed. I'd hate to start seeing this game and SOE the way the daily forum ragers do.

But I do hope it's a bug because I've been buying weapons with certs and that's a kick in the nuts.
    • Up x 1
  9. S0LAR15

Yes like the TR version, the mutilator, which even gets 10% more bullet velocity. Yes please. Except even if we had the default CoF instead, we'd still have 10% less bullet velocity, compared to the Quasar. would be nice to have the velocity buff back to the same level also.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&type=view&gid=12&f=true&colid0=16&filterstr0=TR&colid1=17&filterstr1=MAX (AI)&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Check it out. The mutilator is what the Cosmos should be.

The old Cosmos just needed a CoF increase by 5 - 10 %, and it would've been balanced as a sidegrade, less velocity, longer reloads, only 50% increased mag (not 66% for the).

Hell maybe the real story is dat mutilator needs a nerf LOL.
  10. Sieve

Ok, so I ended up using old numbers and wasn't aware of the patch that had just dropped. I see what you're saying now and have to agree that it's horse**** (On SOE's part).

I mean really, the things are tied for accuracy with the NC's least accurate SHOTGUN
    Goddamn, it's like they wanted to make sure the 'lolaccuracy' stayed for good
  11. S0LAR15

Here is my new suggestion to fix this ****:

• Up x 1
  12. UnDeaD_CyBorG

A great suggestion, and remarkably free of rage for once.
    A slightly smaller RoF to compensate for not losing accuracy would slightly decrease their effective dps but not make them as pointless as they are now. Because a larger magazine isn't that much of an advantage to MAX weapons withover 50 rounds, they reload in less than 3 seconds, on a platform with 10k effective hp.
  13. giltwist

I'm not sure I understand the moniker "most accurate" here. The darn things still can't hit the broad side of a barn passed 20m.
  14. UnDeaD_CyBorG

"Most" is a relative statement, meaning it is better than something else.
    MAX weapons have always struggled for effective range, being outclassed by everything else, so players naturally gravitated to those weapons with the least, or most bearable, scatter, NC notwithstanding.
    At 20-30 meters, the difference between 1.5 and 2.15 scatter is really noticeable.