They fixed the blueshift! (cosmos got nerfed)

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Rodek

I'm pretty sure the in-game stats are listed as:

Stand Still / Crouch Still / Move / Jump
  2. JackOfClubs

I think it's stand/crouch/stand+move.
  3. Dragonblood

4. Quiiliitiila

Wow, I thought so... Last night I couldn't hit jack with my dual Cosmos'... That really sucks...

Couldn't they have just left them the way they were and buffed the Blueshifts? Now the Blueshifts seem to be a straight upgrade to the Cosmos', bit a sidegrade...
  5. Dragonblood

And I thought that mercy nerf was ****** up.....
  6. NineBreakers

I wouldn't say the Blueshifts are OP in comparison to the Cosmos. I'd still go for the Cosmos for room clearing or laying down suppressive fire. The Blueshift sounds like they would work out well with a fast moving squad jumping from outpost to outpost.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Given that sprinting and shooting isn't, I think the second value is crouched hipfire.

There goes all my reason to ever spend Station Cash on anything.
    Luckily I have enough LMGs one of them will likely still be useful in the future.
  8. Rodek

The least they could have done is merged the Cosmos and Blueshift into one weapon to satisfy both parties.
  9. Kail

Blueshift's aren't a straight upgrade; the Cosmos has 17% more damage than the Blueshift under 50m, and double the magazine size and ammunition reserve. What you lose is a accuracy, RoF, and some muzzle velocity (which under 50m won't matter)
  10. NineBreakers

Blueshifts will be an interesting choice for ZOE(ZEO?) mode.
  11. Rodek

The Cosmos does 17% more damage per shot than the Blueshift but only 7.5% more dps when rate of fire is factored in. Looking at TTK without nanoweave Cosmos leads by only 0.04 seconds.
  12. Ganjis

What really annoys me is that they have left the blueshift in a stupid position for FIVE MONTHS! Saying nothing, despite the myriad threads discussing how they are the least accurate and cosmos the most.

At any point, they could have stepped in and said, " Hi guys, we messed up and put the coamos accuracy values for the blueshift and vice versa. We will be changing them to how they were intended at some point." I guess they have not once read these forums then, or else have cynically waited until the optimum number of people have bought cosmos, then suddenly "fixed" it to claw in another wad of money.

SOE, you have gone too far.
  13. Kail

To clarify I wasn't trying to imply that the Cosmos is superior to the Blueshift, more that they are both very close in performance (instead of previously where the blueshift was just flat out bad, and the comsos flat out superior)
  14. Plasmaszap

could anyone confirm what are the number listed in weapon hip acc : a/b/c/d/e (is it : still/move/sprint/jump/???)

thx
  15. Dragonblood

really just the former blueshift values: as Rodek said: Stand Still / Crouch Still / Move / Jump

last one is CoF bloom
  16. Sieve

To be honest, this doesn't seem that bad when you consider that the weapons are meant to be SIDEGRADES, specifically that they have different uses. Due to the bugged nature of the VS MAX guns before, the Cosmos were the most accurate VS MAX weapon while the Mercies were the most accurate for TR
    Only problem with that is that the Cosmos were never meant to be the most accurate, they were just the 'top of the dung pile' for so long, or to put it more simply:

Quasars == Heavy Cyclers == Scattercannons
    • All-rounders, stock guns
    Blue Shift == Mercy == Mattock
    • Most accurate initially, have smaller mags and less damage to compensate
    • Accuracy falls off quickly, making burst fire ideal
    • Best weapons for longer-ranges, and for picking off lone targets

Nebula == Onslaught == Hacksaws
    • High RoF, low accuracy
    • Best for shredding mutliple enemies

Cosmos == Mutilator == Grinder
    • Decent accuracy, large mag sizes
    • Accuracy has very little falloff for sustained fire, coupled with the mag sizes they are ideal for 'suppressive fire'
    • Best weapons to use against groups while you have support

More or less, we have options now
  17. S0LAR15

Looking at the TR onslaught vs cycler, the Cosmos is over nerfed. It should have the same CoF as the quasar. If SOE don't fix it, I will lose faith that they know basic mathematics, and won't be buying anything until I do have the feeling they can actually be competent.

While you're at it. Increase the cosmos to 83 rounds per clip, and 450 velocity. So can have a side grade which is TR quality.
  18. Sieve

If they had the same CoF as the Quasar they'd be a straight upgrade, and the TR's schtick is to have MORE BULLETS, ie. larger mags and RoF than other faction equivalents.
    Besides, our guns do more damage to make up for the lower RoF, and Cosmos have a very comparable DPS to Mutilators (Actually ~2% difference in favor of the Cosmos)
  19. Tenhi

The Cosmos feels very inaccurate now. Just tested it, and while you can still kill Inf with it, it feels like you need to stick to shotgun range to hit them. Its like we have a Shotgun without alpha damage (well Shotguns have better accuracy ;)).

The sadest thing is that they made this: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/intel-brief-anti-infantry-max-02-14-2013.94185/

Mercy == Mattock == Cosmos. But with the Hotfix they changed it to Mercy == Mattock == Blueshift. Now everyone that bought a weapon following the Intel Brief got ****** hard.

Its quite sad that you cant rely on anything the Devs ever say, you buy a weapon that is the most accurate and is even advertised as "long range" and they nerf it to a "shotgun range" weapon...
  20. Obscura

Im using my nebula left and my blueshift on the right and it's VERY nice. I can now go toe to toe with TR maxes in CQC and not get immediately shredded