They fixed the blueshift! (cosmos got nerfed)

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Cryptek

It my great pleasure to inform the public that finally.. This many months after launch, Blueshifts finally do what they were originally advertised as.

It did come at the cost of the Cosmos though :-/ (so now all they have is large clips going for them) Oh well had Auraxium for both anyway.

However! the new accuracy of the blueshift is Better than the Mercy.

So lets see

Hipfire: 1.15/0.9/1.65,

This is better than all VS Carbines and AR.

It is actually almost as good as SMGs (they are 1/1/1.5)

I've only had brief time testing them out, but really they are quite sweet if you burst fire them :)
  2. Kail

Woot Woot!

[IMG]
  3. PaperPlanes

Annoying that they put the Blueshift on members only sale right before GU7...yet we didn't really get any clue the Blueshift would be properly fixed. It was a nice gesture, but I didn't buy it because I thought it was still going to suck after GU7.
  4. Niller

Meanwhile, i have my dual Hacksaw with ext mags... they suck! (compared to other NC max weapons)
  5. Qaz

Oh god ... what have you done, balancing gods? I was afraid this was going to happen, and it's the worst thing that could happen. Here's why:

people found out the hard way that the blueshift was massive false advertisement, and frankly, a really really crappy gun due to its lacking accuracy. what did the people that wanted an accurate gun do? they got the dual cosmos. this is a setup for pretty massive rage, which isn't going to be without justification.

people did their research, and they got the gun that did what they wanted. now the cosmos has the really really crappy accuracy of the blueshift.

the right thing to do here would be to offer cosmos - blueshift exchanges.
    • Up x 3
  6. Dragonblood

So the best VS and TR Max weapon was nerfed.....I should have certed HA like everyone else.
  7. Ztiller

So...you guys complain for months about the Blueshift not living up to its name, and not being accurate.

And when they change it so that it is more accurate, you complain?

Also, i can't see anything about the Cosmos being nerfed. The stats seems to be exactly what they were.
  8. darthfate

refund my double cosmos I bought last week plz,it is not the one tested in vr any more。and it cost $14 . Seriously
  9. Ganjis

Have they actually nerfed Cosmos accuracy, or just buffed Blueshift to be better?

Edit, if the latter then I have no issue, but if the former then I want an exchange/refund.
  10. darthfate

Nerf confirmed in vr, cosmos even worse than mercy nerf
  11. Ganjis

That is ridiculous, they give us a VR training room to find a weapon that suits us. I wanted the most accurate, so having tried them all went with the Cosmos. Now, they decide that it is going to be less accurate than default? Its not like it was accurate compared to non-MAX weapons anyway. Could they not have just made the Blueshift more accurate and the Quasar as accurate?
  12. Tenhi

It seems they just exchanged the Blueshift and Cosmos accuracy. That is exactly what I feared would happen when I bought my Cosmos... it was pretty obvious that they made an error and stuck the Blueshift acc on the Cosmos. Then again I had the hope that they wont **** up and just buff the Blueshift to something useful... but NO lets just make the Cosmos the worst MAX AI weapon.

Now we have tons of VS MAXs that wield the crappiest gun in the world.... and funniest thing is that they did this "How to: VS MAX" and said we should buy the Cosmos... because its so accurate. -_-

Edit: Its also nice that there is NO INFO at all about the nerf. Its like eastern... find all the cool things yourself. Yay!
  13. Dragonblood

Don't be sad. These errors can happen. Just buy dual blueshifts with station cash.
  14. Plasmaszap

This is why certification recert will be a great addition to the game. If you bought your cosmos with SC.. well sorry to hear that :).

It seems logic to believe that the cosmos value were what blueshift was supposed to be and now they just swapped them. On the other hand, its sad they did put up any info on that change. Good thing we have a dedicated community to test everything out for us :D

Certification reset button FTW.

Plasmaszap <3
  15. Tenhi

Well... I guess they will nerf the Blueshift next and buff the Nebula. That is after everyone bought Blueshifts... xD. So I guess I skip the Blueshift and buy myself some Nebulas eh?
  16. NineBreakers

Does anyone have the old accuracy numbers for the Cosmos verses the new ones?
  17. Dragonblood

Still : Move : Sprint : Jump
    1,5 : 2 : 2 : 7
  18. Plasmaszap

so by the look of the new graphics, both Cosmos and blueshift have bether accuracity if on the move then staying still ?
  19. Dragonblood

I don't get that graphic either.
  20. NineBreakers

Well then that looks like a buff to me for the Cosmos. Sitting still is a death sentence for a max, unless whoever is playing one loves hugging rockets. Walking/strafing and firing is how the VS MAX should be played.