New explosion noise when JJ with light assault!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SharpeShooter, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiveXx

Today i tried the LA and imo the sound when you START the jetpack is too loud, when you are flying its kinda meh (should be a bit quieter), though it sounds cool :D
  2. X3Killjaeden

Old sound sounded like a little wind that escaped the rear end... of the jetpack. Even opening a bottle of soda sounded more violent then that.
  3. vaxx

I agree....just use the middle thruster sound. The bang's and booms are annoying as hell.
    • Up x 2
  4. HadesR

Still doesn't seem as loud as the Infi's cloak
    • Up x 1
  5. vaxx

Yeah...ok. :rolleyes:
  6. HadesR

Well was joking since a jet pack should make a racket :)
    • Up x 1
  7. vaxx

Says who? A racket? Since release the JJ have been the same, and people have use the quiet pack and adjusted play style for them. NOW....after months, without a word they change them. Never, once, saw a post about how the JJ were missing volume and will be added later. Can you show me one?

What has the LA got in the past few months as far as a class defined role? When is the last time there has been any work on the LA? The fixed our JJ level 2-5 bug once...and broke it again. The fixed our JJ not working bug, broke it again, and fixed it again. What has been added? Not a thing.

And making a racket is not only obnoxious to the user, but gives you away, taking that sneaky play style that EVERY LA has been using since release, and tossed it out. Why? Well the only reasons I see:

1. Infl. crying on every single LA post about "Booo-hoooo, our cloak is loud, so LA JJ should be loud too". Nerf another class to make you feel better. Go ahead...browse the forums, you will see Infl crying on every LA post about JJ's.

2. PA shotties. They were not wanted, yet SOE still released them. Now with the insta kill style of them, LA's are getting the nerf, from crying HA's, that are upset they get 1 shotted.
    • Up x 2
  8. TeknoBug

I bet you if you asked Higby for data on shotgun users, majority of it would be LA, jumpjets making no noise is why you would die easily to a shotgun LA user.
  9. Spiritualised

I can see the need for a jetpack sound, but to have it sound like a miss firing, 2 stroke engine farting and popping along is ridiculous. Loud start up, fine. Having it make the start up sound everytime you hit space, nope. During flight, the whine of the motor should increase , decrease relative to the amount of thrust you give it. If you say youve tried it and its fine, I'll say your talking ****e. Name one other class that cant jump over so much as a pebble without alerting every ****** in the vicinity. It needs sorting. For the time being Im going back to nice easy HA mode , even if its only to give my poor ears a break.
  10. TheFlyingDutchman

yeah i admit the combo with shotties is a bit broken but i dont use them on my LA. also you gotta admit that those bangs are atm way too loud
  11. Jex =TE=

The explosion noise is a bit ******* stupid. and it happens everytime you press it even when you're already in flight? The launch sound should be quieter and only activate once until you land again. Jetpacks should make a noise - it's either blowing air or a rocket - if they don't make a noise then neither do jets and choppers.
  12. r1stormrider

I honestly don't see why everyone is whining so hard.. The jetpack isn't even that loud, especially when your in a firefight. It's still not as loud as the cloak, the videos from the test server sounded a bit louder, and the explosion much more pronounced.
    • Up x 1
  13. Hagestol

Why are people comparing the continous sound from the LA while he is visible and slowly drifting through the air to the INF cloak which only makes that sound on activate and deactivate, and the INF is invisible inbetween?

Oh, and the inf is designed as a sniper class. So we aren't anything like them. Stop making that comparison.

Try hovering. Bamboombambamboom. Fun!

Well said. And there are a few INF trolls about here that add nothing to the feedback threads. Easy to ignore.
    • Up x 1
  14. Antich

The answer to the question is because LA can still shoot while flying. When they remove that(and not just telepathicaly steer the jetpack) you can complain about the noise the jetpack does while flying.
    If the infiltrator was designed as a sniper then he would have been called a sniper not an infiltrator. He then wouldn´t have got CQC weapons, noise on cloak(doesn´t really matter when you snipe anyway) or recon device or the ability to hack stuff.
    • Up x 1
  15. Hagestol

No. No we can't. Our cone is so big shooting is useless, especially when using thrust.

Also, fallacy. The infiltrator was an infiltrator in PS1 and a sniper in PS2. Just look at beta dev comments and your weaponry - poor cloak to change sites, darts to spot people getting close and lots and lots of sniper rifles.
    The reason you got noise on cloak is that you were effective at cqc - to effective, and they didn't want that. This supports my argument.

Hacking is the only counter argument, and it is mostly for historical reasons. The actual utility of it in PS2 is nothing - I repeat: nothing compared to PS1.

You can argue that you want the infiltrator to infiltrate. That doesn't change the fact that you are designed as snipers in PS2, and we are designed as silent flanking duellists in PS2.
  16. Madmanx

Forum seems to link all threads to this one, so I'll ask here: Anyone else noticed a 10% consumption rate in JJ fuel every time you hit the button. Even if you're airborne. Since the patch a couple of mid air adjustments seem to leave me without fuel to complete the jump. I have JJ6 and could make these same jumps before the patch.
  17. Hagestol

I'll test it tonight, but you might just be right
  18. RogueComet

I think your post hits the core of the problem with these sounds exactly on the head. The sound were the way they were for months and months on end. This change to the sounds now, with absolutely no warning other than a half a week on the test server, necessitate a completely different play style. That play style, dealing with the idea that we are less about flanking and less about the element of surprise, is radically different from what our generally accepted roll was.

The new playstyle will revolve around the following:
    1. Don't expect that getting the drop on people works now. Might as well use Heavy Assault then to get their shield. Without SOMETHING for added survivability, we would have no advantage in combat.

2. Don't expect to be able to get a decent score/hr while playing LA. Our score/hr is already the 2nd worst, because even with our jets making little noise, the necessity of the class is that it took a lot of time to get into that perfect position for kill streaks. Score/hr is going to drop due to the necessity of now, taking a whole heck of a lot longer to get into those spots without being found. Again, you'd be much better off playing ANY OTHER CLASS (even INF) if you want a higher score/hr.

3. Don't expect to be able to use the roofs at all. If you DID make it up there, they know you flew up there, so you better be prepared to wait, crouched, for a minute or two to give them time to assume you moved onward, before you go on a shooting rampage.

4. Don't expect to be able to hover over vehicles and drop C4 any where near as often anymore. Vehicles can easily hear your BANG BANG BANG sounds when you pump your jets to hover over them. Expect them to back up quickly, like any good driver would do if they knew LA was over them, to avoid your C4 tosses. Better to pull Engineer or HA if you want to destroy vehicles. Sorry LA, gonna be damn hard to do that now that they will know right away that you are above them.

5. Expect the necessity of being closer to your team-mates because you ARE going to die more often. Oh wait... why bother with LA then? Wouldn't you be better off just pulling that Heavy Assault and running with your medics? Sure would.

6. If you stick with LA, expect very little emotional support from your fellow players. It is going to be TOUGH to play LA with these sounds. Some of us, I'm sure, will stick with it and adjust our play style, but LA has just become the most difficult class to play well in my opinion. You are going to be frustrated, a lot for some of us, and people are going to say "well it's all justified, JJ shouldn't be quiet." As if that really was a concrete justification, when the old game balance actually worked "decently" in most of our opinions.

In all honesty, the reasons to play Light Assault have become extremely limited with this change. For most of the things occuring now, you'd be much better off playing as a different class with better weapons (that have more bullets damnit) or extra shielding.

As far as I'm concerned the ONLY way to make up for how broken these sounds make our play style, is to implement dual wielding for LA (Yuck! I know). The only way that could even come close to working with LA and make them viable now is if you can dual wield two carbines or smg's. That'd cut our TTK in half, which would make up for the fact we don't have surprise on our side, or we don't have a shield (HA), or we don't have a heal ability (Medic), or we don't have unlimited ammo along with more toys than any other class (Engineer), or we don't have an ability that renders us 100% invisible at long distance fights (INF), or we don't get a weapon that even works well at distance fighting (Medic, HA, INF), or finally that we don't get lots and lots of hit points (Maxes). Personally I'd rather NOT see us get dual wielding, to cut down our TTK, and they fix these damn sounds which have doomed the class to oblivion.
    • Up x 3
  19. blzbug

I don' think it is as big as 10%, but there does seem to be a rapid (instead of smooth) drop every time you hit the jets. That must be the reason for the big BANGS! The new jets are backfiring, banging and using too much fuel. Maybe we need engy support now. They can repair the new broken jets before we leave the spawn.
  20. Hoki

This is silly, a better option would be to simply buff cloak.

Less and less faith in SOE everyday.

Btw this "class warfare" makes no sense. You may have a preferred kit but you're supposed to use them all.

The best infiltrator guide I've read so far does a good job explaining that a good infiltrator is a good everything. You hack weapon terminals and heal yourself, rezz other infiltrators, mine your terminal up, tank mine vehicle pads, go LA and place a squad beacon where nobody can reach it.

The last "class" that should be hating on other "classes" is the infiltrator. We are the uniclass, inside ur base.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.