New explosion noise when JJ with light assault!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SharpeShooter, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ST4LK3R

I don't notice any difference at all. May be it's because people havnt learnt to pay attention. But they will learn soon and I won't be able to sneak up on people unless they are rly dumb.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hagestol

Those three seconds are the difference between flanking and head on fighting/awareness.

As for to quiet to be jetpacks: Are you joshing me? In a game with floating tanks and immortality - and STEALTH DEVICES, you comment on jet packs being to silent? Dude.
  3. RobotNinja

Yeah...Stealth Devices that alert everyone within 100 meters that you're cloaking/uncloaking but...they have completely whisper quiet jetpack technology. That makes sense.
    • Up x 2
  4. Hagestol

Stealth devices don't exist IRL. Jetpacks do. So they should make jetpacks loud and just remove stealth devices. This is the only sensible fix.

At least you can get your kill off before you're spotted, and the main point:

They can hear INFs, they can't see INFs. The INF sound is only on on/off.
    They can hear LA, they can see LA and the LA sound is all the time.

LA were already easy to spot as they contrast against the sky when they jetpack and jetpacks are dead slow so LA are easy to pick out of the sky with almost any gun. Accuracy is also crap when flying. So no.
  5. noobishtactic

im playing LA a lot and i think the sound is fine, gunfire is still louder so its not realy a problem.

And to add something to the stealth devices don't exist IRL, Jetpacks do discussion.

[IMG]

[IMG]

How many people do u see?
    • Up x 2
  6. RobotNinja

Actually the low graphic settings bug where cloaked infs appear as black/white outlines is still present, going on 3 months. And Infs that are close by on med and high settings can be easily seen. Infs, cloaked can be glaringly seen by players on low settings.

The best way for LAs to get the jump on someone is for them to literally get the jump on them. High altitude attacks + C4 = ENEMY TEARS.
    • Up x 1
  7. omni2

i like it how it is now,
    jetpack sounds now like a jetpack and not like a silent vacuum cleaner.
    • Up x 2
  8. Manetheren

Lol it's just fine, plus it was too quiet, cloak is still debateably louder. Plus now I really feel like I have a mothafu**in rocket on my back! Boba Fett gameplay! :D
    • Up x 1
  9. RogueComet

I swear there are more trolling infiltrators in this sub-forum than there are people who play light assault as their primary. The noise level is BROKEN for light assault in it's current state. I got on, died 5 times when I should have had the drop of people today and then logged off. This change is the biggest nerf to happen to a class since the game began and should not have gone life.
    • Up x 1
  10. Antich

Funny you would mention that, how many times did infiltrators die when they should have had the drop on people because of their loud cloak sound? Feels ok to you that smth that should keep ppl from noticing you makes a huge sound while smth that was supposed to make you able to flank(not infiltrate, major difference there) and pass you over things you couldn´t wank on made no sound at all?
    • Up x 1
  11. omni2

i know that it´s a "drastic change" and that i should be quiet because i play more often HA,
    but when i did play yesterday i got a high KDR
    (as LA solstice SF underbarrel grenade launcher, grenades, nanoweave, atleast 1,5 to 2KDR)

that´s what you´r all looking for isn´t it ?
    a high kdr.
    don´t look at it or you´ll get frustrated very fast.

i do hear infiltrators "miles away" and can even see them when they´r moving too fast.

remember that tr and nc got the same "nerf" :)
  12. TheFlyingDutchman

Yes the jetpacks needed a little nerf, and the sound is ok now but the bangs are just ridiculous!!!! i have tested te so of a grenade an of the jet pack and the jetpack bangs are louder, you can now only fight properly in big fights and the bangs are all the time. its not the LA's fault that the INF suck atm. the low settings fix has to be solved quickly and also the cloak can maybe be al little less loud but that doesn't mean LA has to be nerfed that much. we don't have any other ability or tool besides the jetpack and now they just made the class really way worse than the rest and immensly annoying to play. also you dont hear the cloak from miles away thats just ********, but idd when you are behind someone its pretty loud. i just want to say that it is really dumb to say that LA needed a nerf just because INF sucks.
  13. Goretzu

Honestly it is hysteria over nothing.

In a perfectly quiet environment it is detectable up to 30m or so, in a battle it isn't detectable right next to you still, it is hardly much if any louder than the cloaking sound.
  14. PanH

As much as LA dies when they're flying and are easy targets.

Honestly, I don't care that we make a sound (though this one is too loud for ourselves), we could be flying on rainbow ponies for what I care, but there's no reason to nerf LA, it's an underplayed and outclassed class. There's no point in nerfing LA pre emptively either, especially as they're rescheduling LA once again.

And I don't care either about infiltrators. Yea, they sucks. But there's 3 other classes that are just way better than LA.
  15. Antich

Me saying what i did above didn´t mean i think the LA needs nerfs because INF sucks. Both need major changed to get them viable in the field. However you must admit that LA mobility+stealthness+shotguns was broken(for similar reasons why the inf got taken shotguns from them in the beta).

Well, if you don´t start flying in the middle of a field but use it tactically you don´t die as much when flying. If you use flying just to screw up with the game mech. and ppls aim, you deserver to die anyway. Not to say how the hitbox of LAs suddenly evaporates when they fly with their head close to a roof.
    Also, there are only 2 classes better then LA, heavy and engineer. Engineer is played cause ppl want to repair their vehicles when they are using them(also because they do well against vehicles). Heavy because they are the best at taking out vehicles. LA are also great at taking down vehicles but while engi and HA are good at facing zergs, LA are good at taking down specific targets(like an AMS or a tank that got too cocky and moved in close).
  16. WalrusJones

Its a good thing my non-windows audio doesn't work right now.
  17. Goretzu

That's because it isn't actually very loud, dispite the hysteria you'll see from some here. :rolleyes:

In reality it's functionally detectable up to about ~30m, and much less so in any sort of battle (in a big battle you won't hear the new Jetpack sounds right next to you, or at least they won't be distungishable).

Besides the select few end-of-the-worlders here 99.9% of LA players are just getting on with it and find no real functional difference to their gameplay. :)
    • Up x 1
  18. Goretzu

Already got one. :)
  19. PanH

Exactly like the cloak. Except the cloak doesn't make sound continuously.

And Medic is better than LA, utility and combat wise (e.g. with self heal). LAs aren't taken in squads and platoons, but medics are gold.
  20. Wildclaw

These are the current relative ratings (2013-04-07 - 2013-04-14 average score/hour) for TR basic classes, using Engineer (the top class) as the starting point:

Engineer 100%
    Medic 93%
    HA 88%
    LA 76%
    Infil 62%

Also, all the top three classes are needed to form a balanced team, while the latter two are optional.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.