Dont you think NC carbines suck ***?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jaquecz, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Syphers

Bunch of TR in here who basically never played the NC extensively. The only OP thing that the NC had was the MAX, the high damage and low RoF weapons are suited for long to medium range fights and blow in CQC due to their high recoil, poor hip-fire and low RoF. Understandable tradeoff but the balanced lower damage/ higher RoF weapons fare well in any situations, "Gauss SAW this Gauss SAW that" I bet that 3/4 of you would go back to your other LMGs after a day or two
    • Up x 1
  2. MikeyGeeMan

qq.

Tell you what, to make the carbines more balanced, let's do this. Increase the damage and range on the carbine, but for balance...let's cut down on your armor, as well as the power of the Vanguard, and Reaver...now your just like a TR.

If you like the TR guns so much, why not roll a TR?
  3. whitupiggu

They should make you take a quiz on weapons and their stats before posting on these forums. It's clear most here have no idea what they are talking about. NCs guns are fine.
  4. Syphers

qq? I'm just saying the truth. I wouldn't hire you to balance things out lol. The vanguard is not bad but if I had to pick betwen it or the prowler/certed magrider I'd pick those 2. The reaver lol, the air hammer is quite powerful but the range short and the clip small this aside this flying brick is less manoeuvrable than the other ESF but hey it does look good with a sweet camo

I got a 40ish TR with a bunch of unlocks but I rerolled NC for the look and freedoom of course
  5. Littleman

Yes... because moving at 50% speed when moving is necessary to survive has actually helped... I think I'll hip fire, thank you (been working so far!) And then there are ranges where the bloom on moving while ADS just hurts more than it helps, except maybe in that special zone between 20 and 30m. Maybe.
  6. MikeyGeeMan

Well no, I am saying if you want a more powerful carbine, then you need to nerf something else...balance and all....

And the freedom you guys keep going on about, is it freedom to shop at any corporate outlet mall? "Freedom Fighter" is just NC corporate propaganda.
    • Up x 1
  7. DashRendar

I don't think he said anything about idolizing TR, I think his point was that the NC guns are not as glorious as forum posters make them, and that they're just different guns with different stats and handling. I wish they were though... that would be a nice game to play based on what some of the regular postings here seem to denote.
  8. MikeyGeeMan

It just seems like everyone is whining about the guns so much. TR / VS....which ever gun he wants it to be like was my point. Nothing needs to be changed. If people actually spent time learning their weapons then they would get better using them.

You can have OP weapons, you can have UP weapons, but proper technique and tactics will beat a good gun any day of the week.
  9. DashRendar

I completely agree, I even said so in a previous post. Every gun in the game is so pitifully easy to use in comparison to other shooters that these are the kinds of arguments that come up. Make a game really easy to play and people will fight over percentages and milliseconds until the end of time. No one argues about Counter Strike gun mechanics, they just try to improve.
  10. Syphers

Personally I'd just like to decrease the gd7 RoF by 45 and increase the clip size to 40 bullets I miss the lynx

Well our military and everyday needs funds have to come from somewhere organisation is a must although not as extreme as your N A Z I New world order !!
  11. ShayeUK

12. DashRendar

Ok? What's your point?

If you sort by Kills/hr and scroll down until you see the first Carbine on the list, you will notice that it is the LC2 Lynx followed by the LC3 Jaguar. If you sort by Score/hr and scroll down until you see the first Carbine, you will notice that it is the LC2 Lynx followed by the LC3 Jaguar.

Is this answer satisfying to you, or should I make a separate thread teaching the forum how to use a sorted spreadsheet?
  13. Scorponok

NC weapons are really good problem is 2 many fresh players adds to the ranks of NC and the results on papir becomes lower...thats why you dont see NC top it that much.
  14. Jablon

Great link, let's see the data:
    Code:
    Name            Score/hr Kills/hr Deaths/hr Characters
    Solstice VE3    2926     10.29    8.52      16273
    TRAC-5          2876     10.18    8.71      16787
    AF-19 Mercenary 2661     9.84     9.23      16390

Solstice SF     4067     14.71    10.62     2820
    TRAC-5 S        3843     14.09    10.3      3426
    Gauss Compact S 3748     14.05    9.95      2821

Do I need to comment on that?

And just for fun:
    Code:
    Name            Score/hr Kills/hr Deaths/hr Characters
    Orion VS54      3975     16.17    10.89     13952
    T9 CARV         3893     15.82    11.9      15121
    NC6 Gauss SAW   3807     16.03    12.51     15018

SAW needs buffs.
  15. Scorponok

from that i can say NC needs no buff at all...saying that is BS...its never going to be 100% the same...its as even as its going to be..
    it looks more like the T9 CARV needs a buff if anything needs a buff..
  16. ARCStormtrooper

Full time NC here and I general prefer to play the NS-11C or the AF-4 Cyclone to the NC carbines these days. The latter is better than any NC carbine less than 40m. But the carbines are still ok. The Razor is my fav.

I also think the GD-7F shoots too fast, reloads too slow, and jumps around too much. The NC really needs a gun that shoots in the 700 rpm range.
  17. ShayeUK

No point really, I just don't like it when people argue with poor information.

NC top 2 14.08 and 14.09 vs TR top 2 15.71 and 15.47, Considering NC have roughly a thousand more players for each weapon a -1.5 KDR per hour is pretty damn good imo.
  18. Darlith

GD7-F is a great carbine, the AC-X11 is good but really could use an extra 5 rounds in the mag, the Merc is a wonderful gun as well though maybe a bit too unspecialized to shine compared to the more specialized guns.

The Gauss Compact S seems to be a bit too weak to compensate for it's flexibility making it more or less useless unless you really want to use the underbarrel options for something, in which case be prepared to lose to everyone else in even fights even the other empire's S variant carbines.

Haven't tried the NS carbine or the Razor to comment on them.

I think part of the concept that the NC carbines suck comes from the fact that some of them seem to trade too much of the close range friendly stats for some more ranged friendly stats, but due to the overall traits of carbines in general still aren't really "ranged" options. So when someone with the AC-X11 goes into CQB they feel outclassed and when they try it at range they feel it sucks, once you get used to it and find out how it works best you can get some nice kills with it.
  19. Scorponok

well thats because new players mostly joins NC because of hard hitting beast weapons.
  20. Jablon

If you're suggesting that having more players per weapon lowers the KDR/hr then I think you're wrong. There's nothing in the data that would support that claim and on the other hand there are plenty of instances where guns with roughly same amount of players have significantly different KDR/hr.

But looking at the common pool (NS) guns shows something quite interesting. Each faction have similar amount of players using them and they all have almost indentical KDR/hr (the biggest difference is about ~0.06 I think).

So, if we'd agree that the sample sizes of NS users are big enough to be representative then there are 2 conclusions:

1) Average players from all faction have almost identical skill level.
    2) Huge differences in KDR/hr from top performing guns in each faction (1.5 KDR/hr is huge) must come from characteristics of the guns themselves.

Which shows that TR has the best carbines, followed closely by VS and NC are lagging way behind in that department.
    • Up x 1