game freezes on redeploy

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Louis Farrakhan, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waiora

almost a month now of this constant freezing every time you deploy, fire your debuggers SOE, they can'y do their work
    • Up x 1
  2. Atra

got stuck on previous page

and some additional comments on the crashes:

the core issue resulting in these crashes has more than likely been in the game since the first triple loading screens. everything since then, the double loading screens, the 100% crashes, the redeploy crashes, etc. has probably been a result of them attempting to fix it

what this says to me it that this involves more than just a bad block of code but rather is a fundamental design flaw in some aspect of their development. this essentially means that it is incredibly difficult to fix. while it is not an excuse for a serious problem, many people seem to think it is a simple problem that the developers are just ignoring. i am sure they are working on fixing it but the reality is it may just be a ton of work to fix or they may not know how to fix it yet
  3. Oleker2

Just got a deploy crash on VR training area...
  4. Mechanos

Port Forwarding didn't help. 0 change. Literally just tried to deploy to the front lines during the current Amerish event. Froze. There's no excuse for this happening, as it's not a true lock-up. You can still hear background noises like voice chatter, and the program is still responsive in the task manager. This is just a flat out really bad glitch, and because not all players are affected by it, SoE is taking the silent approach so they can side step it. The only way this will become a priority to fix, is if there is a larger outcry.
  5. Slainte Mhath

Since the big update back a couple of weeks ago (double XP weekend?) I have been crashing pretty often at the redeploy screen. Most of the time I select a location, it starts loading, then gets stuck at 100%. Windows 7 Pro reports the game Not Responding, and I have to End Task. Once I do that, I am plauged by "server disconnected" issues until I logout via the client and log back in. VERY FRUSTRATING.

I know it's not hardware, as I did not have these issues in months of playing prior to two weeks ago. I have deleted all the files in the various messages SOE support has left people on this, and had launcher replace/repair files many times. Nothing helps. I suspect this is not a file issue, but rather a coding issue with the game itself.

Please fix this ASAP, it's so frustrating that I am considering dropping the game, and I spend real money on PS2 via Station Cash, so you'd be losing a paying customer. Not good.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kanzy

Well am not considering dropping the game as I dropped already and only check the forum to see if this is fixed or not. real shame this, I hate dropping games I love to play because I can't play it due to technical difficulties.
  7. Dreamspell

The only way I can enjoy the game now is if I don't die, so I resorted to lolpodding all day. Hey, at least my KDR is improving.
  8. daveske

I freeze on re-deploy or re-spawn about 75% of the time at a rough guess. This removes mouse support and I am forced to kill the planetside2.exe process using the keyboard. I too have tried the following with no avail.

1) format
    2) verify files
    3) re-install (both steam and stand alone)
    4) new drivers
    5) turning the overclocked items in my setup down / off
    6) different settings in-game

Now I have browsed countless threads about these crashes, which have only occurred for me since GU4. I do not run physx however since GU4 my game is borderline unplayable. Today I must have crashed at least 15-20 times. This is just the freezes on re-deploy. This isn't even taking into account the ps2.exe has stopped working. This is a few extra crashes to add into the mix http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/crashnn.jpg/

I run the following PC setup
    i5 3570k @ 4.6ghz
    16g 1866mhz ddr3
    3g HD7950 oc'd
    128g SSD
    win8 64bit

One point I have noticed is that I seem to crash less when I re-spawn at the point i died or a nearby hex, re-spawning at warpgate is a certain crash.

I too would like some kind of SOE response, even to acknowledge that a problem exists and preferably provide some additional options that I may try to stabilize this piece of ****.
  9. Fire Works

I have this one very rarely but i wanted to say that it now happend the respawn after a tripple loading screen.
  10. Neutrino

I am constantly freezing on deploy, about 80% of the time = ctrl+alt+del task manager, end task that's not responding.
  11. Doc Jim

It might have something to do with dying less often, but recently I have been experiencing the deployment-freeze a lot less frequently.

(for me) It's getting better, but the problem isn't gone entirely - keep up the good work.
  12. Trimmings

You're kidding right. This is an application bug and they have not released any updates since a few days ago (the magical silent one) - since then there has not even been recognition of the major issue - if its not crapping out on you then you're just lucky, for me its random - probably every 5 or 10 redeploys freezes. My system is 100% stable and it does the same bloody thing every time, redeploy and get frozen on a overhead view screen with audio still going.
  13. thebeetle001

+1 having this issue too1
  14. Jezs

I also have been getting it a lot less than before, but that could just be that I don't redeploy constantly to get around anymore because of it :p

Redeploying more than once within a certain time interval seems to cause it
  15. t31os

Still no additional feedback from a developer or team member here, wow ..

14k views on the thread, but no-one *seems to* care enough to engage the players reporting, despite an increasing number of players reporting these crashes. Good job i have other games and activities i can be doing, and also glad i didn't invest into the game(because i'd be demanding a refund if i were playing a monthly sub and having this issue).
  16. Doc Jim

If you read my earlier posts, you'll find that I also want some info on the issue from SOE, and that I want this gamebreaker fixed.
    But I actually have been able to respawn more reliably, freezing at maybe 10 - 20% instead of 80 - 90% like two weeks ago.
    So (for me) there has been an improvement. Note the brackets.
  17. GrandRise

What I got is,sometimes it get freezes (quite rarely) and I have to open task manager and kill it...
  18. Andy79

chance to freeze when deploying to a battle with multiple platoons = 100 %, way to destroy any fun in this game
  19. Papio

Recently checked available windows updates and found out I had somehow disabled automatic updates, long story story after 27 critical updates the game freezes have lessened to a degree.

Huge battles still cause the freezing on redeploy but the game is much more playable now.
  20. slipnitz

1 thing that seems to work for me is...

when my character dies, im certain to respawn on a different point..let's say the warp gate...
    before clicking the deploy button, i always wait for a few seconds maybe atleast 15 or 20, just browsing my stats, weapons etc.
    after 20 sec i click the spawn button on the area iv'e selected....

then bam, safe re-spawn...
    hope that help's :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.