Crash Side 2 has stopped working, I'm sick of this

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by F0l2saken, Apr 15, 2013.

1. F0l2saken

Ever since the most recent updates, and any of you can search the internet you'll find thousands of similar complaints, the game has never worked right. I had the steam version a week or so ago, and randomly while trying to start the game I get the "planet side 2 has stopped working"

I heard the steam version had problems while really thinking in the back of my mind Sony makes this game, that's probably the problem. I confirmed my suspicions by downloading the standalone game right off this website, installed it and played it perfectly fine for a few days before one of the great patches came out, now it too will not start saying "Planet side 2 has stopped working"

I've verified the files through the launcher, I've completely deleted the entire game and reinstalled it, and nothing works. I've run it in every compatibility mode under the sun as an administrator, nothing will get this glitch ridden disaster of a video game to even open.

All that searching the internet does is finds thousands of other people having the same problem that Sony refuses to support. Shocking!

Let me guess Sony, My GTX 660 TI Oc isn't good enough for this game? My Core 2 Quad 9300 overclocked to 3.3ghz just isn't enough? Not the best CPU but it should still be enough to play this game. 4 gigs of ram ain't enough either ? Well how do you explain the fact that I just tried this game on another system that has a Zotac 550TI with a Q8200 quad core with 4 gigs of ram no overclocking and it does the exact same thing? Oh let me guess, it's probably my internet right? That business class internet that downloads at 3 megs a second is too slow to play Planet side?

Obviously the problem is on your end, this is the most unstable pile of slop I've ever seen in my life. I can play Tera, Vindictus, Bioshock Infinante, have 0 problems with any of those games, they play fine for hours. Your game however, might work right for a few days, then poof, it'll never work right again. And to think I was considering spending money on this game....In the mean time, time to go spend money in a game that actually works that I can play.
  2. (-)IONS

I have lots of crashing issues too. Most of the time it freezes on the load screen at 100% but occasionally it will just crash randomly when accessing a terminal, respawning etc. Game freezes and I have to use task manager to close it. It probably crashes once per 1.5 hours for me though sometimes it might happen two or three times in row within 30minutes.
    Sometimes on Briggs it can take up to 5 minutes to log in as well which is really annoying when its followed by the game crashing on the next load screen :mad:

My system is pretty old so maybe its a contributing factor?

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    System ManufacturerGigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System ModelP35-DS3L
    System Typex64-based PC
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory4.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory2.51 GB
    Total Virtual Memory8.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory5.23 GB
    Page File Space4.00 GB

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Adapter Type GeForce GTX 285, NVIDIA compatible Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes) Installed Drivers nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um Driver Version 9.18.13.1422
    • Up x 1
  3. F0l2saken

I don't think it's your PC, as I've tried this on 2 pcs with different motherboards, cpus, and graphics cards and I can't get past the launcher. I click play, it starts to load it, I get a black screen, then wham "Planet side 2 has stopped working" Then if you google search you'll find that there are thousands of people having the same problem, sounds like typical Sony to me, they aren't good at supporting their products.

It 100% is the fault of the people making the software, I've never had a single problem on any of the other games I mentioned, it's only Crash side 2 that constantly crashes after the launcher.
  4. raistra

I know a certain thing that comes around a lot and not a lot of people know about it, if you have a 32 bit system the game will run out of ram. If you have a 32 bit system, the fix is quite easy. More information to your crashes will always help, as it seems like you didn't give enough information. Some people can help extremely well on this forum if you give them the information and can atleast make something none excistend.
    edit: this is only for the in-game crashes.
  5. celiXx

cpu: i5 2500k
    gpu: GTX690
    mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN
    ram: Corsair XMS 8GB
    Windows 7 x64

I'm new to this game, played it for 2 days. Game crashes randomly.
    BTW I use only ONE GPU of my GTX690. With one gpu i get constant 40-60 fps (Vsync)
    With both gpu's i only get 20-30 fps... lol
  6. daveske

I freeze on re-deploy or re-spawn about 75% of the time at a rough guess. This removes mouse support and I am forced to kill the planetside2.exe process using the keyboard. I too have tried the following with no avail.

1) format
    2) verify files
    3) re-install (both steam and stand alone)
    4) new drivers
    5) turning the overclocked items in my setup down / off
    6) different settings in-game

Now I have browsed countless threads about these crashes, which have only occurred for me since GU4. I do not run physx however since GU4 my game is borderline unplayable. Today I must have crashed at least 15-20 times. This is just the freezes on re-deploy. This isn't even taking into account the ps2.exe has stopped working. This is a few extra crashes to add into the mix http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/crashnn.jpg/

I run the following PC setup
    i5 3570k @ 4.6ghz
    16g 1866mhz ddr3
    3g HD7950 oc'd
    128g SSD
    win8 64bit

One point I have noticed is that I seem to crash less when I re-spawn at the point i died or a nearby hex, re-spawning at warpgate is a certain crash.

I too would like some kind of SOE response, even to acknowledge that a problem exists and preferably provide some additional options that I may try to stabilize this piece of ****.
  7. Deth

Every update brings more crashing for my system also. Just when they work out the bugs and I can start playing again without the game crashing every ten minutes a new update gets released and here we go again. Just built my pc with all new parts.
    I5 3570k OC
    Nvidia 670
    16 g ram
    ssd

Love this game but this crap is frustrating