IGDA/KNTR "Friendly" Fire Incident Briggs Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TR4ever, Apr 12, 2013.

1. ACE McFACE

I was playing as TR today after a break and that music.... makes me want to shoot MORE bullets
  2. TR4ever

At least Nightrage tries to make things fun for our members, we usually aren't too concerned with a strict set of rules in platoons and just generally role around together to fight and have fun, if that makes us a "Zergfit" then so be it, with our constant low population of briggs the only way we can fight is to zerg because we dont have the numbers to split up and attack in different places without getting facerolled back to the warpgate.
  3. TheRealMetalstorm

Haha come join IIW for OPs one day.
    There's no dictator, we all know our roles. However, we are proactive and micromanage ourselves.
    IIW regularly does ops with only 1 and a half squads, and often very successfully, because we manage ourselves effectively.
    If air is starting to come in, we more or less immediately pull AA with zero delay (no exaggerations. Been in KNTR platoons where they don't even pull AA or take a good 30secs or 1min to realise that they need AA up. after that they have to figure out who pulls the aa max and who's the engineer and etc.. by then, it's usually too late)

Doogie and gang have the misconception that a well-organised micro-managed outfit operation is not fun.
    Instead it's really, really fun. It's not that we're forced to play what we are asked to. Instead, we are proactive, we take it upon ourselves to act upon initiative and inform the rest of the group, provide advisories on e.g. situation at fireteam 3's location (half a squad is a fireteam) so perhaps when there's trouble at a generator, we assign a fireteam to protect one gen and the rest tacke other tasks

It's really powerful and i wish KNTR had members with the discipline to engage in such tactical play. (not about listening to commands, it's about "i'll give up my current fight because I'm needed as an engineer up top to support the AA max")

PM me, i'll try my best to let you play in an IIW op so you get an idea of how it's done.
    Most of the ops are "casual" so we play with less ferocity (so, maybe 15sec response times to threats at most as a squad, e.g. pulling strikers or pulling AA)
  4. TR4ever

We mostly run public squads the ones in which you have probably played in which usually its full of random people who often dont listen to commands, but we try our best to get things done and often help new players get a better grip on how to actually play the game anyway KNTR squads more often than not end up as the cannon fodder for attacks.

Our outfit only platoons are usually much more coordinated and work much more effectively.
  5. DJPenguin

This game could use more inter-faction fighting. Makes things interesting.
  6. shackers

First off Im the guy filming the video so to answer all of you calling me a teamkiller ,would YOU not fire back at "friendlies" if they wiped out your squad? and continued to attack you?
    ( and BTW this happens to KNTR a lot so after the first few mass teamkills you KNOW the only way to get them to stop is to kill them till they beg for mercy)
    heres one by our friends in SOCA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aVX9GmszwWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And Metalstorm you cant call Nightrage unorganized if IIW only runs one squad and cant field a full platoon because once the numbers go over 24 people ( no matter what their skill) they get hard to control
    And being the largest and most open outfit of the TR we cant just limit ourselves to the best of the best because that would mean kicking hundreds of people
    Not to mention the fact our platoon are often packed with public players and loners from other outfits because you guys don't have the numbers to do anything worthwhile

Even after everything is said and done Nightrage is still one of if not the most effective TR outfit NO MATTER what tactics we employ

-shackers-
  7. Beatnu2

Noticed the other night 1 platoon in KNTR held back a 2/1 odds vs Vanu to allow the other outfits to concentrate on nc as per command channel... I heard from 2 outfit leaders but nothing from the infamous IIW even though i saw a few running about at the time. Respect to the Brotherhood and Redbacks (hope I got those names correct.)

Some outfits at least attempt to work as a whole and some don't...
  8. Mcponington

KNTR is the only effective fighting force that the TR have. Why one of these tiny pointless outfits would team kill them is beyond me.
  9. Tasogie

there aussies, what do you expect, it isn't gonna change anytime soon. Briggs is a hell hole of teen rage, hate spam an single dig IQ's.
  10. shackers

Oi that's racist!!!

-shackers-
  11. desktop

It looked like they supplied a little bit of entertainment during a boring ghost cap.
  12. Tasogie

lol I've lived in Tasmania for 30 years, cant be racist about myself.
  13. vastaitku

I'm going to be a little condescending here and say that these "incidents" are probably people who thought that the embarrassing little slapfight between a couple large TR outfits was cool, and they want to imitate it.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheRealMetalstorm

uh about numbers going higher than 24 becoming hard to manage, nono it's just the culture of proactiveness that makes the force serious.
    they just have a stringent recruitment policy so they don't have the pure mass to get more than 24 on a regular basis.
    48 man platoons have happened before, with really effective results. Ask VFD for example, I've talked to a few of them (they're a really good outfit, IIW style but with more people) and they seem to agree that JUGA, IIW, RDBK are the more or less the only decent TR outfits remaining. (in his words)

See, I'm not hating on you guys.. just that sometimes, opinions can be hurtful.

RDBK is another good TR outfit on briggs that's more casual but made up of players who know the game well.
    i lol'd at that statement.
    ask any nc/vs outfit, like 41BN or VFD for example
  15. Kortan

All you need is squad leaders with a brain and a leader that knows what he's doing (and Pudge really, really does) and you can manage as many people as you want. IIW ran a platoon of outfit members at launch effectively, and we could easily do it now, well, if we had the numbers.
  16. Veri

I wouldn't say it's just teen rage, I'd say there are players in their early 20's behaving just the same too from what I am hearing over proxy chat.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kortan

But where else would you find someone like NotBob?
  18. Shasbot

Eugenics.

The Irish Republican Army.
  19. Tasogie

fair point, though I sound like i am 15 on prox, an I am 45 next month so... lol
  20. Huntedstorm

Lets just clear a few things up here, whilst I do admit Night Rage is often 'zergy', you must understand that it does get a bit difficult to control, and as of right now, we have quite a few officers + senior officers not currently as active as one would like, we do try, the one thing that I have noticed is that we play this game for this amazing thing, some of you guys may or may not of heard of it before, we call this concept 'fun' we aim to have this as a top priority.

Personally, I love the idea of super serious, micro managed platoons, fighting as a far more effective force, but with our background, this becomes a little tough, personally, I've done my best to begin implementing this slightly more serious attitude. Of course to much resistance

And so, we enjoy fun... We are serious quite a bit and do aspire to do well, whilst enjoying ourselves of course... Often we try to be the bigger people and personally, I have not ever ordered a team kill threat on a person, or outfit for any reason.

Happy planetsiding folks, we need not let this cause a divide between us powerful TR.