Some aimbotters are not even subtle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devrailis, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Amrok1

I really hope you're not a GM or in any way responsible for investigating whether or not someone is hacking.
  2. jjruh

I'm glad i'm not too.
    I would probably see video of someone killing a tank with a knife and go "pfff, im sure there is a perfectly logical reason for that"
    and then they shoot through the walls and i would say "well... thats... just a bug, I should tell someone about that"
    then they would start one shooting people and start flying around then I would say "hmm, well I have so many other tickets to look at, better save this one for later"
    • Up x 1
  3. smoke eater

How about submitting a report and let the dev's decide.

I do find it fishy that he is getting a lot of head shots, especially since a few of them are only 1 second apart. With the stock rifle. Somewhat fishy in my opinion. From 8:53:00 to 8:53:01 (1 second) he got three people, 2 with head shots... doesn't leave much line up time, especially with a sniper.
    On another note, I googled 'planetside 2 cheats' and there are a bunch out there, even ways to get around a ban. Forget nerfs, cheaters are killing the game.
  4. jjruh

No they arn't I cant even remember the last time I ran into a cheater. And even If I did run into one, I wouldn't have known definitively that he was cheating. There are so many people per map, and the map is so big, that the odds of you running into cheaters is really small. Ya it stinks if you are on the receiving end of a cheater at hvar, but if you are, then dont stay there, just go somewhere else, thats the beauty of the game.
  5. Amrok1

heheh, I like you. You're silly.
  6. Veri

These cheaters are not the ones you should even complain about.
    These kind of cheaters just don't care and know they will be banned.

It's the cheaters who make an effort to keep looking relatively legit by using at times where they are less likely to be detected but enough to make sure they win and you lose without them being banned.
    • Up x 2
  7. jm20

That guy is not even that bad, there are many players on Mattherson that have 60-65% headshot kills with carbines.
  8. Darlith

72 headshots, 107 kills with a carbine, 67.29% headshot rate on solstice VE. Seems he is worse than the ones you are reffering to.

Some other notable ones, 20 headshots out of 25 kills with beamer, 80% headshot kill rate to go with the 62% accuracy.

The rifle would be explainable as patience, if the rate of kills wasn't so high.
  9. Evil Monkey

I've reported worse... and they are still playing the game a week later. Obvious cheat - but didn't know you could make hackusations openly on forums. I've got two questions:

Do you think vehicle hackers are harder to detect?

If you spend SC, does it mean you get a free pass when hacking?
  10. smoke eater

I got shot twice while in a spawn room. Twice. Through the walls, I didn't even leave the room. I have seen people run as fast as a flash. Tried chasing them and they just speeded away. Also saw someone run past a MAX I had just fully repaired, shoot a couple shots without aiming, kill the MAX and shoot me while still running, not even directly at us but at an angle past us. I had pulled up my sights when I heard the one shot and I was dead. The guy didn't even have to reload between shooting the MAX and getting me. These were within the past few days on Waterson. I attacked a Liberator from above and the gunner got me with a dalton, without the lib even having to flip over and I was still above it. I understand that there may be 'differences' between computers and servers, I also realize that there is blatant cheating happening. The 'go somewhere else' argument doesn't quite work when you actually go somewhere else and run into another guy using cheat codes. It shows that these people are everywhere and it seems like there are more and more people using cheat codes.

Months ago, it would be days between broadcast messages about cracking down on cheaters. Now it is hours between messages. The saddest thing is that there are people out there who are intentionally and blatantly using cheats with the intent to kill this game, to frustrate other players into quitting.... and that tactic is working. I've heard some people ranting over chat about someone else cheating, and then I see them leave the squad/platoon with the words of "F@#$ This".
  11. jjruh

I'm sorry about your experiences with hackers, But I think you are in the minority. Most people I talk to(connery server) havnt seen a hacker in ages.
  12. GSZenith

tbh i did a what was it 37-0 or something at a tower with stock LA, but yeah unless tower LA kinda aimbot most likely.
  13. Devrailis

To be honest, I rarely see hackers on a day to day basis. When I do, it's usually something fairly high profile, like a wallhacking aimbotter who slaughters people inside of spawn rooms, which is damn hard to hide, deny or defend.

But my worry is that the cheating case which broke the TR cont lock is going to encourage more people to cheat in retaliation, either to defend or break further cont locks. This is why I was strongly against the NC script kiddie who was trolling TR the other day. I would have preferred TR to keep the cont lock, as that would have:

1) Kept the meta game more interesting as both NC and VS tried to break it
    2) Not set a terrible, terrible precedence for a cheater to play such a game breaking strategic role that ended up affecting the entire server

I am 100% convinced that what happened then is going to encourage some people to continue using illegitimate tactics in the future, unless SOE somehow shapes up its anti-cheat measures AND its policing to prevent these sort of things from happening again.
  14. RobotNinja

First off to the players who said, "Just because he gets headshots with EVERYTHING...EVERYTIME in 2 second intervals doesn't mean he's cheating."

LOL.

Secondly, taking a couple days to ban a bumhurt little kid is one thing. What I'd really like to see is the ban team take action on these entire outfits of chinese hackers we're continually seeing, especially on Connery. They have a dedicated TR outfit on Connery and hilariously a sister NC outfit. They use proxies to play on US servers so on top of cheating they're lagging the server too which is just downright rude and they don't even attempt to make their aimbotting/esp'ing inconspicuous.
  15. Goretzu

Look at the non-headshots, he's only NOT getting them when someone must be running infront of hit target, then 0.2s later headshot.
  16. Wintermaulz

[IMG][IMG]
    This was me tonight,im not a hacker (im not that supid). some people are just that good
  17. reddragons

Hi! I can't see reality! Even when it's put in plain black and white in front of me. People that say "maybe this or maybe that" about something that has no maybe's, might have a small issue with accepting any reality that isn't the one they created for themselves. If I close my eyes tight enough it won't actually be there right... right?:eek:
  18. pnkdth

Nice streak but you're using a sniper rifle.

Landing headshot kills with carbines with no more than a second between kills isn't skill, that's obviously an aimbotter. The name this guy has + the hilarious kill streaks = cheater.
  19. Wintermaulz

I actually when 62 kills there (3rd image didnt load), only ended when alert sent me to easmir :(
  20. Wintermaulz

pink isnt rose coloured :p