VS damage degredation phased out

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpcFarlen, Apr 12, 2013.

1. SpcFarlen

Tweet a la the Higby

Matthew Higby@mhigby
    In next week's update the higher damage scaling over distance on VS infantry weapons is being phased out.

Edit to clarify, also by the Higby.

Matthew Higby@mhigby
    @Necroe vs weapons will no longer have an additional damage penalty to offset their lack of bullet drop.
  2. Mumnoch

what's that mean?
  3. Abize

This should be interesting, I haven't seen much whine about VS range damage so I'm curious as to what spurred this change to be moved forward.

EDIT:
    VS weapons lose more damage over distance compared to other factions to make up for the no-drop we have. This change means the damage will drop over distance the same as the other 2 factions. So I can imagine that the VS will be more better at fighting at range compared to before.
    • Up x 4
  4. Anubis132

Hm, interesting. Was a specific reason given for this decision? I'd guess their data shows that VS infantry sucks at range. I can't wait for someone to say "but VS has no bullet drop!!" That makes me laugh every time.
    • Up x 14
  5. Veri

Would like to see if there is a noticeable difference.
    Somehow I don't think it would make a big difference.
    • Up x 3
  6. SpcFarlen

Probably data showing that damage degradation was not a balanced alternative to no bullet drop.

Matthew Higby@mhigby
    @Necroe vs weapons will no longer have an additional damage penalty to offset their lack of bullet drop.
  7. LordMondando

Ok, lets get rid of NC recoil too plox.
    • Up x 10
  8. Radec594

Sounds like a full-back maneuver to try and cater more people to VS; doesn't bother me too much.

Oh please, I play NC as a secondary char and the recoil isn't near as bad as people on the forum made it out to be; sure, flinch was screwing you over, but now there's little to no downside to NC weapons except for a few low ROF exceptions.
    I also feel like NC has laughable COF compared to some TR and VS LMGs.
    • Up x 15
  9. Lucidius134

Only issue i see with this is in terms of how our weapons compare to others. Take the Battle riles or slug shotguns for instance. Ours will just have no drop and do as much damage. Our Battle rifles will be straight upgrades atm. Same with semi-auto snipers and slug guns.
    • Up x 8
  10. LordMondando

My point was about removing the inherent weaknesses in Empire spesific small arms.

Would of thought that was kinda obvious.
    • Up x 4
  11. Dubious

Can TR have faster fire rate on all weapons now then?
    • Up x 6
  12. Tobax

Ok so what offsets their lack of bullet drop after the patch then? :p
  13. notyourbuddy

14. SpcFarlen

Im just the messenger, i dont hold all the answers.

:eek::eek::eek:
  15. raw

finally. i said from day one that it isnt fair. glad the team is understanding.
    • Up x 1
  16. treeHamster

Well to be honest, I don't really think this will change the weapons all that much because the DPS on them is still fairly mid-range for everyone. This will only affect like 5% of fighting, at best. Besides the first shot recoil multiplier is generally highest on the VS so it's not like the weapons are epic for burst firing, even at long range.
    • Up x 2
  17. DFDelta

The lack of (important) long range combat in this game? :p
    Every long range combat between infantry is pretty much just meaningless skirmishing, while everything of importance is somewhere between CQC and medium range.
    • Up x 1
  18. LordMondando

On the one hand I can appreciate that VS were having population issues, largely due to the slightly unappealing culty aesthetic. I in fact think my VS is incredibly fun to play. Trying to get the hang of the lasher at the moment. But their equipment is certainly not the problem. I've considered it the most versatile since november, I maintain that position.

However, if the only way to make enough people play VS is to make them Overpowered in something. .Which lets be honest, removing the inherent weakness on the high ROF high accuracy small arms. Will somewhat do. Lets not beat around the bush, the reason the VS pop has been all over the place is easily highlighted by it crashing with the magrider 'nerf'

Then maybe the VS need a from the ground up rethink.
  19. Tobax

Yeah that's true I'll give you that lol
  20. Radec594

Yes, and I was pointing out on how recoil is actually barely a downside for NC.

But now I do wonder, are they going to simply remove this and see how it goes, or do they have something else in mind?
    It would be atrocious of them to add recoil to VS guns, that would simply uniform the game even more :(