Manna Turret can one hit Tanks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rebelgb, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Rebelgb

WTF? Got one hit by a Manna Turret two separate times today.

Never saw where it came from, or got any type of lock on warning, but that is a discussion that has already been hashed; although I agree that these issues alone need looking at.

Anyways I was part of a tank column taking BIO when I was one shot by a Manna Turret. Got a new Lightning, drove from Warpgate and set up on the other side opposite of where I had been one shotted the first time. Got one shotted again.

No anti tank round should kill a tank in one shot. Especially with no warning and no ability to retaliate.

Ive spent way too many certs on my Lightning to never want to play it because of a F2W weapon.

Rant over.
  2. LibertyRevolution

LOL, a lighting driver complaining that he is being farmed... now I seen it all.
    • Up x 5
  3. Frosty The Pyro

The AV mana turret deals 2000 damage per shot to ground armor, except sunders were it deals bonus damage. The weakest point on a MBT or lightning is the rear armor, which has 3333 and 3000 effective health respectively. While I do think the AV turret should deal 1500 a shot (in line with G2A and A2A lock on missiles), they are unable to one shot tanks.
    • Up x 2
  4. Rebelgb

Well then there must be another explanation. A cheat which allowed the Turret user to 2 shot me without me knowing about the first shot, or some other hack, explanation. Also despite using to opposite locations the user had to have hit me from behind because I have Front Armor cert.
  5. Jaes

Been noticing a bug in the damage received screen that pops up when you die with one person getting 100% damage ratios when I was clearly hit by more than one person. So what you may perceive as being one shotted according to the damage logs may actually be a team of AV turret users taking you out.
  6. Chiss

It's possible someone threw a C4 onto you, then the AV Turret shot you, also detonating the C4.
    • Up x 3
  7. Ssidistik

Av turrets bug all the time where the dmg is delayed I have had it happen to me when Shooting my AV turret I hit the target and 20 seconds later I get the kill.. So you prolly got dmged by someone else as well.
  8. Drakcol

I do this with tank mines with incoming armor columns, so that I can guarantee EACH tank mine is a kill, instead of all of them giving me only 1 kill and maybe an assist.
  9. Halon

You were not killed in 1 shot. Though AV turrets do need a balance pass.

Can I suggest certing your MBT? With an engineer gunner using voice chat they are a lot of fun.
  10. Morpholine

Engie placed C4 on your tail, placed his turret, and sent one up your tailpipe, setting off the C4.
  11. DaninTexas

Dual AV turrets firing together using team work
    • Up x 2
  12. Keiichi25

I think you all missed the first part of his post stating he was in an ARMOR COLUMN. Yes, I know the 2nd time he was not, but he did state he died instantly while in an Armor Column, so the C4/Mana AV turret combo wouldn't explain his instant death on the first one.
  13. siiix

i have the AV turret , i dont remember EVER killing a tank in 2 shots , not to mention 1
    i simply do not think this data is true
  14. Fenrisk

C4ing tanks in a armour column is easy as most of the time the tanks feel safe and are too busy looking at the sky to notice you.
  15. Frosty The Pyro

Think what you will, but its very true. If you want to experience it yourself, I would advise trying to hit rear armor.
  16. XanderF

While it's not necessarily "one-shot", IF a Lightning is moving in a rather predictable manner, and IF it is far enough away, and IF the engineer has fully certed his AV turret...

...you can fire an AV turret missile into the air - not quite straight up, but as close as you can - and halfway through your cooldown, aim the pointer back at your target to fire off a second missile while the first is still in flight. If you do it right (it takes practice, a short cooldown, and a bit of luck), both missiles will hit the target at the same time. That might end up looking like a "one-shot".
  17. Highway_Star

Numbers don't lie. It doesn't have the potential to one shot kill anything other than a flash.

When is the AV mana turret going to stop being the latest QQ fest? Can't you all go back to complaining about the NC max or ESF rocket pods?
  18. FatherVanu

AV turrets can one shot you now due to an exploit I was just driving my MBT then some random AV turret shoots me in my front armor I thought big mistake but when it hit I got one shot by it and no I was driving in the middle of nowhere no infantry but that engineer. though this exploit is usually activated unintentionally and happens about 0.001 out of 500000000000 times this is rare but it happens.
  19. Fenrisk

Unless you have 360 degree tank vision you won't know about the heavy or light assault C4ing you or the combination of 3 av turrets up in the hills out of sight.

If there is a exploit how come the forums are not flooded with tears yet? we already have threads that the mana's op even when 3 too 5 shotting tanks.
  20. ironeddie

Given that the op was heading to take a bio lab I would think two av turrets working together is the most logical explanation. I mean the bio lab was presumably being defended & if your defending against armour moving in isn't multiple turrets working together a likely strategy to quickly kill the armour.