Some notes on today's cert grants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaon1311

SOE messed up, they have a long history of it, and lets be honest, do not realy care.

We will carry on playing, buying items and subbing. A couple of weeks we would of forgotten about this and moved on to something else.

I have been gaming for a long time, its always been like this and always will.
    I sub, i bought items, played beta, bought alpha and have had a great time playing this game. Did i get any free certs, no, would of been nice, but now i will always look at my character and say 'i earned every item/unlock i have'. Yes some people got insane amount of certs and now this game realy is f2p for them.
    Good for them, am I jelous, well yes, who wouldnt be.

The only people it realy effects are the money people at SOE, since now there are players who never have to spend a penny. Few people have dropped subs and some have said they would never buy items using SC.
  2. SgtScum

Any reasonable adult. :)
  3. PS2Freak

meanwhile in PS2 studios -

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  4. SgtScum

fyp :p
    • Up x 2
  5. PS2Freak

Fyp ? Noooo oooo ooo

[IMG]
  6. Kaon1311

Maybe jealous is too strong a word.
    When i heard people got loads of certs, i thought 'oh id like a bit of that' envy? Help a guy with a word, lol
  7. PS2Freak

when the words fail, use pictures!

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. SgtScum

Yeah, envy is much more appropriate to the level of what happened.

The funny part is that less than 10% of the playerbase spends money on the game and of that slice probably about 1% spent the amount of money required for the mega refunds.

Much ado about nothing comes to mind tbh.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kaon1311

ah cheers, but i am dissapointed, no italian spiderman reaction gif? was hoping to see one every other post :p
    • Up x 1
  10. Kalmageddon

So, basically, SOE is not going to do anything?
    • Up x 1
  11. Dem1se

I find it funny that if you read both threads, you see alot of people that were granted over 2k certs. Guess I should go buy a lottery ticket, or maybe that 0.03% is just hyperbole.
    • Up x 1
  12. GroundPounder

One has to wonder when SOE math is one of the main contributors to this issue. :D
    • Up x 2
  13. bobzebrick

Someone was already data-mining them but the thread got merged in here or one of the other threads, and conveniently hidden. He was at over 19k characters with over 10,001 certs when I last saw.
    • Up x 2
  14. Shazed

Funny how higby said in the command center you have to listen to feedback at the 30min mark? or something along those lines.
    Maybe you should follow what you say then?.
    • Up x 2
  15. Dem1se

Haha, I noticed that too. It was around the same time people were spamming questions about the cert grants and he said something like, "Come on guys. These questions are boring.".
    • Up x 2
  16. Haedshootar

Frankly, I dont mind fighting people with more certs then I, For me it's a morale issue, the fact that they free certs, undeserved whilest others dont.
    Thats what bothers me.

The advantage they gain is annoying but not game breaking.
    • Up x 1
  17. Sebulous

Lets assume 1 million people have played PS2 (unlikely) and for simplicity sake assume all 1 million made duplicate SC purchases. Less than 0.03% received over 2k certs.

1,000,000 * 0.0003 = 300 people received a refund over 2k. That is ignoring factors like free to players, gamers that tried and couldn't play PS2 on their system, and people frugal with SC (like me) that shopped sales / individually and got no refund of any kind. It is significantly less than 300 that got that much certs.

300 people to receive certs compared to 220,000 active players is a drop in a bucket. Its not repeatable so people can't pay for certs. People are just being purile and complaining to complain, hoping they get some kick back. Now those that got certs instead of SC, I would expect to hear ******** from them. All I hear are F2P whining.
    • Up x 1
  18. Dem1se

Your math is just as much hyperbole as Higby's numbers. That 0.03% is most likely out of every account. Ftp accounts also count as active. Anyone who made an account when the game released and quit would still have an active account. So you take the 0.03% of that number and then do the math of "active players" and that % becomes much much larger.
  19. PS2Freak

20. Custodes

:eek: BRILLIANT.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.