What are you bad at?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SinerAthin, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Eclipson

I'm bad at getting headshots. I practice and practice in the VR, but when I get into any sort of combat situation, I just kind of fail. Also, I am horrid at sniping. I just can't do it, no matter how hard I try. The sway is to much for me.
  2. Veri

I'm bad at kill denying, bailing and or logging out when I am going to be killed by an enemy ESF.
  3. Pikachu

Tank combat. I have no idea how to properly use tanks in combat. How to aim, how to avoid enemy shells etc. I just feel that I waste my tank.

Patience. I often ignore the need for safety because I want to do stuff. Should I look around more before I start repairing the generator? Should I wait for my shield to recharge?

Sniping. I'm not good at hitting small things. I guess it's just being bad at aiming in general. :L It bothers me the most when it comes to using the falcon against infantry. I wish I had skills in that.

Dog fighting with airplanes. I have a feeling that enemy pilots laugh at me when they chase me.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cirevam

I'm so bad with target identification, especially at night. Terrans and Vanu both make use of black/dark grey as major colors on their uniforms so they naturally slip into the shadows. I've been trying to get around this by shooting at anyone that isn't wearing khakis.
  5. Addsome

Hmm lets see... I kind of suck at sniping long distance with a silencer on :O
  6. Blackinvictus

Pretty much doing ANYTHING in a Reaver...LIbs and Gals no problem. Reaver I just suck at..

Moves way too fast, can't stop, can't hover to pod, or if I manage to get into position I've overshot where I want to be and miss with all the pods, can't turn quick enough to engage enemy ESF's...I just lose all situational awareness trying to fly it.

I've got some kills in it, but I strongly suspect my three or so victims were off having a smoke, AFK taking a dump, or maybe asleep in the computer chair.
  7. Alizona

Seriously? Except for the headshot comment, nobody said anything about AIMING?

I suck at fighting, but I do analyze my own play and try to think about what I'm doing wrong.

The first things I noticed are:
    1) My instinct is to stand still when trying to hit a target.
    2) Nobody else ever stands still while firing.

These two things immediately explained to my thinking why the following is also true:
    1) I die almost every time I'm in a toe-to-toe CQC fight.
    2) My opponents almost never die first unless I am either able to sneak up behind them unnoticed, or if they had prior damage from someone else that isn't healed yet.

So... how in the heck are people so darn good at "bunny hopping", or in the case of LA, flying around like Peter Pan, and still able to aim properly and hit me every time?

Yeah... I know there are two answers. One is that they are using some kind of aiming aid, a "cheat"... or more likely, they have practiced these moves a lot more than me. I never practice, because it's just a game and I don't wish to spend all my time practicing for something that is, in the end result, relatively meaningless to life itself.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jachim

Life.

Srsly tho, I am terrible at keeping calm.. I am a ragemonster in this game
  9. Chipskream

Flying Liberators. Especially with the Tankbuster. Ill be like 'TANK AT 12 O FKN CLOCK, ENGAGING!', then press mouse1 and after 1 second, my mag is empty, im flying straight at the enemy and the target tank has 99% hp left. Every. Single. Time.
  10. JokeForgrim

Im bad at shooting hitboxes on people who are lagging/warping.

I am also equally bad at not getting shot by the same people.
    • Up x 1
  11. Fantom_17

put these two together and you have:

1. A verry unhappy camper

2. me
  12. St0mpy

dealing with inequity
  13. Zan_Aus

This, I suck at air to air.
  14. anaverageguy

CQC in towers. Fps doesn't hold up.
  15. Llaf

I dont understand how anyone gets kills with rocket pods or esf in general... every time I fly one I get between 0 and 2 or 3 kills before dying to either some guy one clipping me with rotary, a burster squad, or an accident. I see other people rack up tons and tons and tons of kills with rocket pods and for me it takes like 8-10 rockets to kill one dude, I've even started using the m14 banshee instead because its just easier. So yea, I suck with something people say is easy to use, haha.
  16. applepienation

Flying. Ironically I fly a lot.
    • Up x 1
  17. Marked4Death

CQ infiltrating. Sucked hard with a semi, bought the SMG that was on sale yesterday, still suck. I just have no faith in the cloak. Someguy looks my way "oh he saw me, better try and shoot him - die"... I'm sure I could get better, and I hear the cloak is a bit more consistent now but I've played heaps an really only use infis for sniping and hacking, CQ cloaking is not my play style now I guess.
  18. Gouger

I'm pretty bad at everything.
  19. Alizona

20. SpcFarlen

Knowing whats a good situation and what isnt is the key. Just like with infantry there are certain scenarios you should never get yourself into, like sprinting around a corner of a building and there are possibly enemy there. Dont hover from a prolonged period of time. Find a target, do a quick salvo and come back. Never approach the same area/target from the same angle or altitude, vary it up some. Also when you approach a target rich area look for cover so you can quickly turn, afterburn, and get away if needed.

Also if you see no one else flying there, there is usually a reason. So be cautious, fly fairly high and have an exit route if you start getting flak or locked on. Always be cautious. It may seem petty to only get one or two kills, retreat, come back and do the same but it will keep you alive longer.

Another thing, if you use rocket pods it really helps to get IRNV or Heat vision. The explosions caused by rockets doesnt obscure vision as much, so even while firing you can still adjust the aim of your rockets. Also, dont just hold down the fire button. Its much better to shoot a few rocket that count than as you said 8-10 rockets on one person. Since i think it only takes 5 or about to kill one infantry with the Mosquito's.

Hoped this helped a little.