Some notes on today's cert grants

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puppy

You must still perform the same actions to receive certs as others. A different ammount but you are still doing the same things.
    • Up x 2
  2. bobzebrick

If it was just 5k certs I wouldn't spend the time here. I'll link the best link I have but I can assure you there are many more. I do not have the time to find them all. Many people got 100,000s of certs. A lot of them followed the forums and bought duplicate items because they knew they would. In a competitive game this should not be allowed to happen and should be fixed.

http://imgur.com/a/N0Ks0
    • Up x 3
  3. Plunkies

I've played over 200 hours and have 10k certs total and people are getting thrown a lifetime of certs because they're a faction hopper or were stupid enough to buy the same thing twice? All I have to show for my well thought out SC purchases are a bunch of weapons that have since been nerfed into uselessness. God forbid they even let us purchase a cert reset while unfairly handing out infinity certs to only certain people. I'm so done supporting this game.
    • Up x 6
  4. TrashManCan

Astonished at the unprofessional behavior of this cash cow.

No more cash from me Higby!
    • Up x 5
  5. Scientiarum

I wasn't aware that people knew ahead of time that they would be refunding duplicate items in bundles... I wish I hadn't missed that. I think we are just gonna have to move on though...
    • Up x 1
  6. Deathcapt

How did they come up with 2cert per duplicate SC?!???

That's a crazy amount of certs... If we look at the most efficient, cert -> SC buy, it's the 700SC -> 1000 cert buys. so roughly 1.4 certs per SC. With other things being on par. with the 250 SC -> 100 cert unlocks. Nothing comes Close to 2:1 cert / SC ratio. Seems like crazy overkill. I think a 1:1 ratio would have been closer to accurate.

I don't really care, it just seems like 2:1 is really high.
  7. Root

You just defeated your own argument though.

It goes beyond that though. People who bought bundles seem to have received full cert rewards for the base costs of the weapons in the bundles at 1 SC for 2 Certs. That's quite a deal given the time spent for most people. If I really push it I can do maybe 200 certs in an hour if the conditions are perfectly ideal, and I attribute that to my computer because I play in my recliner with my mousepad balancing on a book on my armrest. Even for players better than I it isn't a whole lot better, so some of the numbers rewarded to people don't make sense. Look at the screen-shots, someone was either wrong or dumb.
  8. Beatnu2

Sony should check out the briggs server. I wish I was the guy called KalesK... Just under 1 weeks gameplay on 3 factions and over 500 thousand certs over all these accounts.
  9. CHDT65

Main problem for me now is that I still DO like this game.
    Have just had a terrific session with the Terran infantry, and it was great, better than in any other games I've played !
    • Up x 1
  10. gunfox

This equals 17000 Certs (since you give it to every alt), basically a BR 55 Character. Do you even notice HOW out of proportion this is for 2 (two!) bought bundles? 17000 SC are a whole month of ingame Cert farming, with the average xp rate.

Roll this fckd up situation back already!
    • Up x 6
  11. Custodes

Thats right. SOE has bitten the hand that feeds them. More and more paying folk are speaking out against this cert grant.
    • Up x 4
  12. CHDT65

In spite of the "nice" (hello, you clown) corporate answer I got from my ticket.
  13. Dem1se

Matthew was asked on twitter: "What would have been so hard about refunding the SC instead?"
    His response: "outside my paygrade."

What a colossal *****.
    • Up x 2
  14. Jakobud

Really? Please show me how....................
  15. bobzebrick

You missed the boat, learn to lurk the forum more. This is selective pay to win.
    • Up x 2
  16. xluryan

Yeah, first off, how are we supposed to believe your math when it's a known fact that SOE's developers can't even do math correctly?

Second, re-run those numbers against accounts that are actually active, not just against all accounts that have ever been created.

And third, with all the people logging into the forums and posting that they've received a ton of Certs, I'm definitely inclined to believe that WAY more than 0.03% received 2k+ Certs.

PlanetSide 2 is a game with great potential, but it's constantly ruined by poor development, poorly tested (read: untested) code, and most of all GREED.

Let me just qualify myself by letting you know that I'm a developer myself. I work with databases all day. Important ones; ones with credit card numbers, etc... How in the hell do you not review the changes you're about to make before you do a mass update like this? Seriously, how hard would it have been to dump every Cert grant that was to be made, and sort the results from greatest to smallest?

"Oh look, this person is going to get over 100,000 Certs. That's not right. I should fix this code before we actually apply it."

Yeah, that's a sentence that is never, ever spoken at SOE.

Learn2Code, noobs.
    • Up x 8
  17. SwordMaster314

Well not really. You do realize that Station Cash can be used in EVERY SOE game including Everquest 2, Star Wars, etc... So it might not have been him who decided what to give back players most likely it was the heads at SOE NOT planetside 2
  18. Dem1se

I guess Sony is contending with EA for the "Golden Poo" 2013.
    • Up x 2
  19. Root

I hear ya. This mess up wasn't the end of the world for me, I'll keep playing. But level 1s getting tens of thousands of certs is kinda like, well, gee Welfare meets Planetside. They paid for it? They paid for a second weapon on a second character, they get that either way. I mean yeah, it irks me but I think a lot of the overreaction is premature. If this was the last Higby post on the matter then I agree, rawr wtf yo? I won't get that way, too busy, but I'd be the last to negatively comment on it.
    • Up x 1
  20. Gustavo M

Because money talks:"He spent 500 bucks (what?) with multiple same ingame purchases... which granted him 100k certs."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.