Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashnal

It really doesn't. Another player getting 10k certs barely affects your gameplay at all. The only effect it has is provoking a jealousy ****storm from all the children that didn't get any. Please read this post for a more in depth reply.
  2. TownCryer8

Just give 10k certs to everyone and call it a day. This is just ridiculous. Massive respect lost to SOE for making their game a joke.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tamas

So because some random inactive char got some certs, the entire game is ruined?
  4. Tamas

So if in RL there is a person who has inherited more money then you will in your entire life, your life is meaningless? I have some sad news....
  5. Ashnal

It's like the cert grants made you all of a sudden hate the game.
    The game hasn't changed any. You'll still see the same people on the battlefield, with the same equipment in the same battles. The game will be just as much fun as it was before. So get over your jealousy and remeber that the game is still as fun as it was before.
    Also here's a more in depth post.
    • Up x 2
  6. vastaitku

It should be pretty obvious even to the dimmest observer that the low BR people having a ton of certs are alts of people who have played the game a whole bunch on their other characters. There are very few (if any) examples of somebody getting a ton of certs after just a couple hours of gameplay. No noob can just buy their way to the top so it's not pay to win in any non-trivial sense.

Not saying that this isn't a screw up, just that the community response is once again very special.
    • Up x 1
  7. Olden

A little flawed is a giant understatement. This is one of the times where whining about it is legitimate, we are not talking about an unbalanced vehicle, weapon or class. This action devaluated SC and took a piss on every customer who has been unfortunate enough to subscribe or buy station cash, without double purchasing. In addition players who weren't supposed to receive any certs at all received them.

If you received them you would probably be happy. Others however, who thinks a bit ahead and see how this affects the future of the game will disagree. No one in their right mind will want to purchase SC or subscribe after this, unless certs can be bought/awarded at the same scale... We are seeing players who received certs worth alot more than it ever would have been in SC.
  8. Puppy

It's not jealousy. It's the fact that we have come to expect certs to be given for working a long time within the game. And they betrayed what they have said by doing this. I played because everyone had to earn these certs and no one could get a 'get out of jail free' card.
  9. Custodes

I doubt Higby is even paying attention to forumside (When does he?). I hope this outrage is being redirected to his twitter or his boss..
  10. Goretzu

Wow that's a bonkers amount of certs, basically enough to never need to grind any again ever. o_O
  11. Aztecoatl

It actually directly reflects on us , the enemy team . While we grind for these certs to upgrade our Infantry/Vehicles , that guy just got enough Certs to max out everything and have enough left for weapons . And yes it does make the game less fun , he has NO CHOICE whatsoever now . Thats why the progression of Certs is so slow , so you can carefully spend your well earned certs ..
    • Up x 1
  12. senondo

So in a few month when we have lots of BR100's,
    not all Max Levels will have the same amout of Certs, nor do those who have less have any way of getting to the same amout?
    yeah i think this is a problem.
    But mainly it shows how little of a plan they have at SOE or how unfinished this Product is.

one more reason for me to never ever play a micro transaction game again after PS2, in the end you get an even more unfinished product for a higher price.
  13. SamizdatCowboy

Dude... not 10k... over 100k, in some cases 200k depending on the server. On Mattherson, of the top 19 players with the most certs 10 have certs horribly incongruent to their BR/time played... can you imagine what that means when you extrapolate that sample size out over the full server population? *shudders*

I really don't understand why you people are being so dense... this doesn't really break 'firefight balance.' This breaks something far more serious: The meta-game.

Player progression is at the heart of PS2. Certs are the engine that make it go. Cert trees are only supposed to be unlockable by investing time in playing. This is core to PS2's design. It's what makes BR actually mean something. It's what supposed to motivate players to play, to feel pride/attachment in their character and their progression.

As a BR72 I should not come across a BR1 that is more fully kitted out than I am. This is core to PS2's design!

Higby said it the best:

Source

So someone with, again, f o u r minutes invested in PS2 should *not* be able to unlock most or all power adding items. This is the endgame. A BR1 should not have access to the endgame!

This is the key ingredient that allows players such as myself to be proud of their progression, proud of their BR... because you're supposed to have to earn the progression.
  14. Goretzu

That's pretty harsh.

Although $400.00? Is that everything buyable?
  15. Ashnal

Wow. All I can say is, if you play a game to increase numbers, you're doing it wrong.
    Personally, I play for the intense moments and great battles. Since we still have those thing after the cert grants, I'm perfectly content.
    It's not like the cert grants all of a sudden made the gameplay bad. It's still the same game that it was a few days ago, and just as fun.
  16. CHDT65

Frankly, if you are in the marketing team of a mall and you do such a thing with the certs fidelity system of your customers, you are immediately shot dead in the field !
  17. Adept

Agreed. If someone wanna increase numbers, they can do it excel. Instant win :D
  18. Ashnal

See this post for why I believe the impact on combat and battle results is miniscule. It's not like you can actually bring 30k certs onto the battlefield at any given time.
  19. Tilen

lol
  20. Aisar

The big problem I have with this is SOE's pandering and the message they have sent. No one should have received any "compensation" at all. They are encouraging moronic, immature behavior and attitudes with this move. You can bet quite a few people have a different opinion and mindset going forward because of this.

People bought copies of items on different characters, received those items, reaped the benefits, and got what they paid for. They knew EXACTLY what the deal was and what they were doing. There is NO COMPENSATION to be had. They are basically telling all these immature, backwards, irresponsible people that they were right WHEN THEY ARE NOT.

I don't like seeing these people being given a RIDICULOUS amount of free certs and having a field day. I have spent over $200 as well, but you know what, I spent it ALL on one character, like a reasonable person. I don't feel I deserve anything what so ever, but neither does ANYONE ELSE. I hope people don't stop making a big deal out of this, because it is A BIG DEAL. It is wrong, period.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.