Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puppy

Unless this is fixed I will not be spending money on Planetside 2. That's probably ~$200 I've spent and then they do this.
    • Up x 5
  2. InMedeasRage

I'm not here to have the biggest e-*****. I'm here to see all three continents purple and the outfit tag prominently featuring on every territorial kill board.

Some people now have lvl5 Flak or access to 6 mines. Those aren't huge advantages over the average player on a class by class basis, it isn't like they can spend all 20k certs on one class, ramping to infinity. They get a 9% buff here and a 5% buff there, an extra grenade, and double C4.

And that player will still lose to a better organized platoon hammering down on their heads and the head of their similarly stacked buddies.
    • Up x 6
  3. Doogle

With the change in alpha squad (10% xp to 50%+refresh), the short time the 6month xp/resource boost that was on and the savings in daily/weekly deals this game really does feel like a lottery, when you add triple station cash to the mix you have two people who have spent the same amount on a game yet depending on timeing and luck one person can have well over 3 or 6 times the amount of cosmetics/weapons/xp over the other one.

So in regards to this new form of cert lottery I am not really surprised and don't feel too bad as at BR100 I have most essential things I need cert wise and its just cosmetics I am after but I can see how this would frustrate people who cant grind 350+ xp a min or put the same amount of hours in.

Although it does seem to have messed the leaderboards up a bit, not sure what they are going to do about that.

I do think its a mistake to not roll back but I I need to save my hissy fits for other stuff like empire specific buggys and dedicated driver roles.
  4. f0d

[IMG]

im ok with the people that got the right amount of certs for their purchases but some people got crazy amounts

i think im going to cancel my membership and just hope they have another "bug" like this in the future somehow that could give me 500k certs on my characters like the guy in the above picture
    • Up x 6
  5. Gustavo M

Higby, you reading this?
    Here's a tip: refund everyone's certs. That way, you will make half of your problems away, satisfying what the community requested more as if until now: to refund their certs.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zan_Aus

Lol, I bought a bunch of common pool stuff on both characters and got zero certs. 20-100k certs is ridiculous even if you bought the whole shop.
    • Up x 2
  7. Astealoth

this is a serious issue, SOE. do not disregard this, even if the fix is something you don't want to do. it's better to deal with it then ignore it til half your community abandons you in disgust.
    • Up x 5
  8. Custodes

If SOE does not correct this problem by the end of this week I'm cancelling my membership and never giving dollar to SOE again.
    • Up x 3
  9. Killy80

I want 200k certs as well plz.
    • Up x 3
  10. Ashnal

The crazy amount of childish jealousy in all these threads is ugly.

So what if some people got a bunch of certs? It doesn't affect YOU in any way. It doesn't make the game any less fun to play.
    • Up x 11
  11. ih8Darian

Even if SOE does take back the certs and hands out SC in replace, the only thing that will happen is more raging.
    • Up x 3
  12. Gisgo

LoL a bunch of certs.
    Some people got so many certs it would take MONTHS of "legit" playing.
    Not a problem, right?
    • Up x 4
  13. Tasogie

lol you people remind me of little children at Xmas, they argue an tantrum if little timmy got a better toy than them. You were given thousands of free certs, be glad, because they didn't "HAVE" to give you a damn thing.
    • Up x 1
  14. BreakingBadder

WRONG: It affects everyone. People who got a ton of certs aren't going to need to ever support this game again, they won't feel they need to work for anything. It devalues the entire system of certs, and frankly makes SOE a bunch of liars for saying they would never ever sell certs. It harms the entire community as a whole, and people have a lot invested in the community and don't want to see it flushed down the toilet. Right now the perception is that massive amounts of people got 10,000+ free certs, where most folks don't even have but like 15,000-30,000 certs, and they may have played and spent money for months.

This would be like an MMO where the best item in the game is a haste sash. There are only a few people in the game who have gotten the haste sash because it's very very difficult to get. Then one day level 1 critters start dropping the 50 percent haste sash. The balance of the game gets completely wrecked by this type of stuff, and the game is not long for this world.
    • Up x 4
  15. OddChelsea

Saying it doesn't affect others that some people can now unlock massive amounts of guns and gear for little effort in an MMOFPS is just plain silly. The advantage is there and it's worth more than the SC some of these people put in I am sure. I'm just pointing out that it's ridiculous to say that it doesn't affect others, especially when they have to spend far longer earning those certs.
    • Up x 3
  16. Bobby Shaftoe

A great demonstration of the problem with 'gamers' these days, too fixated on some metric or stat to actually 'play' the game on its own merits.
    • Up x 10
  17. AcidTDP

Same Bobby Shaftoe from PS1? TR, mossie pilot?
  18. Dubious

So many stupid people on this board...

We bought stuff with SC and should therefor be refunded with SC, not ******* certs

If we had been refunded SC, there would be almost no complaints, but mainly "Thanks" on the forums
    (I'm sure there would still be some, but not as much as this)

and to add again, I got like 25k certs (spread over 5 chars, 1 is lvl 1....) and I rather everyone got SC, to keep the game free to play and not currently PAY TO WIN
    • Up x 1
  19. maniajack

What a mess. I don't feel too good about all the time I put into this game when someone gets multi-thousand certs for free and goes on a spending spree. Ruins a lot of the fun of the game and has left a lot of people feeling completely cheated.
    • Up x 1
  20. Clonecenter-resident

Certification refunds were not implemented today, the certification lottery happened today. I did not get nearly the certs I should have based on higby's post. My friend got either no certs, or not nearly enough, depending on which character we are talking about. That's right, he did not even get the same amount back on each character, they all got different amounts.

Meanwhile there are BR0's with 60k certs and BR10's with 200k certs. People stating that they never even bought station cash but got 10,000's of certs. People claiming that weapons they bought with certs were unlocked account wide. Who knows if they got double certs for those or not.

This is ridiculous. As much as I love the concept of this game your companies inability to get a SINGLE implementation or update/patch to work correctly is infuriating. Every single time you introduce anything into the game that is not simply another weapon for us to buy it is completely bug-ridden and dysfunctional.

I don't know what's going on up there buy maybe you guys should consider doing at least SOME internal testing before you push things out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.