Where did these certs come from?!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ProfGiggles, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JonboyX

Really? This says more about you than them, then.

The issues raised are threefold
    1) The cert refunds haven't gone to those who've spent money. It appears pretty random, which isn't correct nor fair. e.g. Alpha Squad + Premium Membership + $40 in SC purchase + Duplicate Weapons in Bundle Purchases = no refund. Players with single account, single empire characters = up to 9,000 certs I've heard within the outfit, and some guy refers to 26000 certs PER character on the forums.

2) The size of the cert gains for some characters have effectively allowed them to max out all their characters and available vehicles. That's just ridiculously over-the-top as this should take years of real time to do, or months of ingame time to do.

3) The only thing that stopped the game being pay-to-win was this clear delineation between Station Cash = you can buy variants of weapons, but with 'equal' power, vs. Certs = you can upgrade your character. Swapping variants for upgrades (i.e. SC for Certs) has upset many who now see that SOE have exchanged money for upgrades. That's pay-to-win by anyone's book.

No doubt about it. SOE have ****** up BIG time. The only fair solution is to refund SC as they initially suggested, and roll back the server to pre-Cert refunds in short order.
  2. Kubor

I have 6 characters between BR2 and BR6 all of which received 9,000 certs each.

I also got 9,000 certs on my main TR character which is BR 47.

I'm mildly confused :confused:

My main character has 13,547 certs to spend now :eek:
  3. Custodes

SOE, I am at auraxium membership and have no alts. I am feeling very ripped off at the moment. Why should I continue giving you money at this point? Folk are getting tons of certs while I even with membership it takes a lot of time to get certs. All because I have no alts, nor purchased items on another character.
  4. Mr T

Is it only weapon purchases? Because I have duplicate camo purchases across multiple characters.
  5. CHDT65

Something very strange happening here !
    And I'm not sure I like it.
  6. Rulistic

This is BS.
  7. Malsvir Vishe

1) I can't say for sure WHY the certs went to those who might have not had duplicate weapons. I'm pretty sure a dev said that was a bug.

2) The cert gains might have been high, yes, but it can't be rolled back now. I'll admit, I'm a little peeved myself, but I can't dwell on it.

3) Nobody knew that they'd get this sort of refund. It's not like people were TRYING to do this to get the big bonus. It wasn't pay to win. People paid extra, their money became moot, and Sony gave them certs instead of an SC refund.

An SC refund would have been much better and they DID screw up.
  8. Cymoril

Yep- this is it. If you read at the bottom of the latest notes they have a note about it.
  9. jwiechers

Of course they can roll this back. There is literally no way they're not doing backups of the player database on some schedule -- especially when they're doing update operations like this one. This certificate rain for some people basically translates in a *massive* combat effectiveness gain for them -- and that, really, isn't something I find acceptable. They could have refunded SC and there wouldn't have been any problem.
  10. Manc

It might be a good time to release the Re-cert option that's currently unscheduled in the Roadmap.
    • Up x 1
  11. Malsvir Vishe

The problem is they'd most likely have to roll back the whole server farm, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want over 10,000 angry people losing hours or days of progress, which would need even MORE compensation for the entire player base.
  12. jwiechers

As said, I would assume they have backups from just before they did this and doing a delta-operation on those and resetting the cert-based purchases of the interim shouldn't be too hard unless their data base design and the way they track these things really sucks. Yes, we'd lose perhaps a modicum of progress, but this kind of cert gain simply destabilizes the game balance to a degree that I find rather problematical. Effectively, some people have been getting literally months of certs.
  13. gunfox

-Roll back to before the update
    -Give people SC refunds
    -Give everyone 1000 free Certs

This is the only fair thing to do SOE. You've made an error and you need to fix this.
    It's not fair that Joe Casual, who likes to play all 3 factions and has spent 50$, gets thousands of hours worth in certs, while someone who is loyal to his character, server and outfit gets the middle finger.
    I've made about 25k Certs in 500 hours playtime (and 200$ spent), and got nothing . Today a boatload of people are getting 30k * 3 for a few bucks spent across 3 factions.
    • Up x 3
  14. shd

It still feels like they ****** something up but tried the "it was our intention all along" excuse.

At this point, all i really want is for them to release 1 (one) single patch that doesn't screw something up. Just one single patch. Then i can put this to rest and avoid them for the rest of my life.
  15. Yenaru

Someone on Twitter suggested that this may have been from unlocks made on the Test Server—that they registered as SC purchases and thus duplicates of the weapons purchased on your other characters.

I know I spent a little time on the Test Server prior to the patch and unlocked few weapons, which correlates well with the 500 certs I received with the patch.

Have you guys been on the Test Server? If you weren't, did you receive any certs?
    If you were, how many weapons did you unlock there that you have bought on your main and alt characters, and did you receive certs that correlate with that number?
  16. WaiZen

Wondering,
    Did anyone get those Certs on a ProSieben EU account ?
  17. ALeviathan

I have not revived any certs for any of my toons on duplicate items. Briggs server.
  18. y3ivan

similar case with my account. did not receive any certs for duplicate common pool items.
  19. McRawffles

For sure. I've earned 20k certs or so in 400 hours. Plenty of people logged on today and got half, equal, or even more than I've earned in all those 400 hours.
  20. Emerald11

Yes, I have got app. 7500 - 7600 Certs.
    I have a char for each fraction, but the 2 beside my main char for testing the Toys of the other fractions only. I have not invested SC for this.
    don't want use these extar certs, behause it would be bugusing I think and it would be unfair. I will open a ticket.
    • Up x 1