Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinrah

They simply didn´t like your Pizza Song sharpe. This is their way of getting back at you, but you can have some of the 8k certs I got accross my chars. Would that make my 3rd most fav BRTD player happy?:>
    • Up x 1
  2. TrenchDigger

i am also a paying member. It is what it is, no reason to act like babies about it. Be man and grow up.
  3. Rhyl

So you're cool with people getting more than they paid in return? Would you be happy if you bought a car for 20,000 dollars and I bought a car for 20,000 dollars but the dealership decided there might be a defect with mine so instead they give me 60,000 dollars back? Now I can buy the same car you have without the defect and walk away with 40,000 more in my pocket?
  4. SirBurning

I got duplicate items, spend about 100 bucks, and I haven't got ****.
    Also 30k or 10 k or even 5k is ridiculous
    30k certs is more than a lv 45 character has made in a lifetime, this is an INSANE advantage.

Total ******** SOE.
    • Up x 1
  5. TrenchDigger

no i really don't care. Why get mad about it? Whats it going to change? Nothing. Do i wish i spent money that got me certs refunded? Sure, but I didn't spend money on those items so i get nothing. Whats so hard to understand about this?
  6. Rhyl

If enough people complain something will be done abut it in some manner. The forums have proven that in the past so I'd beg to differ. They didn't get a refund. They got paid. There's some people who are upset that they got something at all. I'm not one of these people. I don't care about the refund. I care about the overcompensation. At first I was cool with the decision and stated I'd have rather it be SC but then I found out that they got the same "refund." on every single character they own. That made me cry foul.
  7. Custodes

I've spend over 200 .. Image how I feel and people are telling me to grow up and be a man? Guess they must be rich. Might cancel and leave this game at this rate.
    • Up x 2
  8. MilitiaMan

This was for people that purchased multiples of the same item on the same account.
  9. Ash87

Yeah... uhm no.

No one knew for sure what was going to happen, I know this, because when the account wide unlocks came in, I don't really recall anyone going: "Oh, it'll definitely be certs". Anyone who said that, was just guessing, and had no evidence to back up their claims. It wasn't a forgone conclusion we would get Certs as our refund. For the longest time, people thought it was going to be tokens for weapons, or even SC, as refunding SC isn't the same as refunding Money (You can't then refund SC for real Currency afterall).

What we Got then, is actually extraordinarily generous, with SOE basically giving people something twice as effective as Basic SC.

...And people are Whining because -Someone Else- had to wait a Long time in order to get a refund.

Considering most of the people, really bothered by this had more or less gone quiet, they could have just given everyone the middle finger. Which apparently is what unaffected people wanted.
    • Up x 2
  10. NateTronic

Yea so i chose to be smart by sticking to one faction and reading the forums and not wasting my time/money and the people who didnt do that are now getting rewarded?

And i personally know the guy who said he didnt buy squat on his other characters and got certs for no reason so the previous statement is trash about those people lying
    • Up x 1
  11. gunfox

30k is about what a BR65 player made in a lifetime. How many BR65s do you see in the game?
    These amounts are just absurd.
    The people who were loyal to their faction and outfit got shafted bigtime, while the 4th faction and K/D resetters got rewarded with insane amounts of certs.

30k on every char seems to be common. That's 90k total, BR100 is around ~80k Certs.
    • Up x 3
  12. PvtCaboose37

id just be happy with a cert respec
    • Up x 1
  13. Rhyl

You didn't get a refund. You got paid. I didn't want you guys to get "the middle finger." you got back the certs worth of SC they owed you. That's fine. The problem is they gave you your certs worth on every single character. In other words, you got back more than what you spent. Up to three times as much. This isn't even just for those who got nothing. Those who got a refund but only had one character got completely screwed in comparison.

This isn't just about people who got nothing. Even some of those who got something got screwed in this deal as well.
    • Up x 2
  14. SyIar

I am br 73 with 32k certs total, so a bit more than that
  15. Shinrah

Imagine you bought a weapon on 50% sale, a day later comes a package that has that weapon and alot you dont have, also 50% discount, you calculate , you realise you´re still saving a crapton of cash you buy it. Smart ? I think so. What´s not smart is that SOE´s system didn´t automatically subtract the amount of SC for the duplicate weapon. Getting at least some certs for that back, thats fair.
    If you did that but didn´t get certs , thats not fair. But you SIR apparently just want them because others got them, not because you did anything that would justify it. The fact that they borked it and some, as you call em, "undeserving" people got em is unfortunate.
  16. Asmotron

Sigh. Really?

Its a video game with a micro transaction system. Some people got really lucky because they decided to dump money on the same weapon multiple times on multiple characters. And I'm sure the majority of them did it before account wide unlocks were even brought up. When the account wide unlocks happened, which needed to happen, these people got hosed by SOE. Let them have the certs in exchange for their hard earned money they spent, and SOE smacking them with the account wide unlocks.

I think the big problem here is people that didn't get anything back are ********.

I didn't get anything back because I didn't feel like spending money on something I technically already had. I'm not ********. Jealous? Sure, I could have a lot of fun with a pile of certs. Quit the game, like some jokers always threaten? Pfffft. A level 1 can kill a level 100, you're fine. Walk it off.

*edit* really? Censoring b*** hurt?
    • Up x 2
  17. Custodes

Should make a "I feel shafted" thread or something. As many of us do.. especially paying non-alt players.
  18. TrenchDigger

it is about that, you just wont admit it. I maybe be trolling but you are certainly crying

if you didn't spend real money on it, then whats the problem?
  19. Zcuron

=====================================
    Prior to this I had 2.4k certs, now I have 8.4k, and I'm still wondering what to spend it on.

BR 56, or was it 57?
    I don't particularly care~~

Perhaps I'll max out the med tool, I don't really play medic though. (I have level 4 in almost everything I'm interested in~~)
  20. HazyW

Some people are reporting that they did not buy duplicate items and received certs because of database goofs. I don't know how reliable this is though, because internet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.