Why are people being over compensated?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izriul

"Undeserving players" = Players who bought duplicate weapons (I.E on a VS character, bought the serpent, server died/didn't get merged/outfit moved, player made a new VS character and re-bought a new serpent) OR bought a bundle which contained weapons they already owned.

Deserving player = You. Didn't spend extra money on the game. Apparently deserves some compensation for those supporting it that little bit extra who got something for it.

Because they clearly bought bundles in that case. They "told" you they didn't? Don't believe it.

There was no "bugged" item. It was duplicate weapons purchased and/or bundles with existing weapons.

I also don't believe everyone who's stating they got 300,0004573k certs. Yes, some probably did (more probably exaggerated) but whatever the case, I'm sure it was worked out by a set amount. I'm going to wager a guess that it was 500 certs per weapon on average, then given across all characters. Example, if you bought a bundle with 4 weapons, and had 2 of them, you would get 1000 certs on each character you own.
    • Up x 6
  2. Custodes

I very VERY cheated. Paying member, no alts and I get NOTHING. Even with membership it still takes me time to get certs.
    • Up x 1
  3. Puppy

This one time thing makes a big difference. It isn't pay to win.
  4. SharpeShooter

I can not describe how shafted I feel right now. I have spent 100s of pounds on this game mainly because I did not want to spent cert points on weapons. This is also a reason why I stayed loyal to one faction not multiple factions. A mate of mine that has spent nowhere near as much as me gets given 5k cert FIVE THOUSAND certs and I get nothing! ARE YOU CRAZY SOE??? WTF!
  5. AnotherNoob

I don't mind that it is on every character, but I feel that you should receive the amount of certs that said weapon cost, if anything. However I think the certs idea is just plain bad, and a SC refund would have been way better. The problem is that SC is for sidegrades and certs is for upgrades...
    • Up x 1
  6. Rhyl

I've spent quite a bit of real life money as well. Except, for not buying duplicate weapons in the end I got the short end of the stick. These people bought duplicate weapons and got three times that amount back.
    • Up x 3
  7. Codeak

so the amount refudned was given to the account and spread equally amongst all the characters... hmm so 60k gets chopped into 20k across the board, but what i wanna know is how can someone have spend hundreds of bucks on repeated **** haha thats crazy
  8. Laraso

The thing is, you can't say you were cheated you never actually spent money. If you didn't spend money to buy duplicate weapons, then you don't get reimbursed for wasting real cash on duplicate weapons. You didn't lose anything, the people who did lose something (wasting real $$$ to buy a weapon they already owned) got reimbursed.

While the amount of certs they got may have been ridiculously high, that's a different topic all together. No, you were not cheated. I didn't buy duplicate weapons, but I really don't care if I didn't a cert reward for wasting my money. Even if I was told this was going to happen, I wouldn't have spent all my cash on weapons I already own.
  9. TrenchDigger

i can't believe all these cry babies. The people that got certs refunded paid real money out of their pocket. I swear the average age on the forums is 8 years old. That's the way you people act, like little spoiled children who are throwing a temper tantrum cause somebody got something that you didn't. Life is not fair, deal with it
    • Up x 3
  10. Rhyl

Incorrect. They got an equal amount returned on all three characters. People spent 20,000 worth of certs. They received that 20,000 worth back.. on all three accounts.
  11. kamikaze1975

Well even though i received some i think this is totally unfair but a nice gesture shown on SOE part.

Certs are what make your character more powerful not SC and now people have earned them without putting in the work.

To make it fair I think the certs people received should ONLY be used for weapon unlocks NOT upgrades, not sure how easy to implement though.

That way they do not have to go rolling anything back and annoying everyone and keeps it fair for the people that actually earned their certs.

The rate they release weapons I am sure people would have a requirement for them sometime.
    • Up x 1
  12. Custodes

Cry babies? I am a paying member and I have a job. I have bought much SC and long term membership. I have spent at least over 200 dollars if not more on this. I am sure I am not the only paying member here pissed.
  13. biterwylie

I really don't understand! People who purchased duplicate items on merged servers get there money back in Certs.

1: people are moaning? really!!! They deserve a refund. Well done SOE.

2: people spend real cash, lost what they purchased and in return got back a currency they can only use in game.

Quit the moaning already folks.
  14. Fuel Truck

Perfect example
  15. Rhyl

Indeed. I completely agree. 8 year olds can't do math and can't tell the difference between a refund and overcompensation. No one got a refund, they got a bonus.
  16. Fuel Truck

This was the plan. This is not what happened. People who were never part of a merge, never bought duplicate items and only play 1 character have received 500-30k certs. My friend (who bought no duplicates and got certs) talked to a CSR agent that called them "gift" certs due to a flawed system for refunds.
  17. Puppy

I've spent a lot of money on this game and choice not to buy the same weapons because I knew account wide unlocks were happening. Trusted SOE to refund players well but that hasn't hapened fairly in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  18. Codeak

ah well thats how they got the 60k i see.

well that just makes those people lucky sunsa*****es
  19. Kookamunga

Can we have a triple cert for 1 SC sale please ??? :eek:
    • Up x 1
  20. Rhyl

Exactly the problem. So if you spent 2100 SC and got 3000 certs worth of equipment. They gave you the 3000 certs back on every character you currently have. Meaning for each character you currently have you can now purchase 3 more weapons. So you can buy an additional 3 weapons to make up for the duplicates and.. you still have 6000+ left over altogether.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.