Bug or a bad decision?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Skaich, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Skaich

View from the cockpit are blocking control of the airplane.
    For example: If you are making turn and look up at the same time, the plane will stop turning and fly straight.

I hope this is a bug .. And it does not reduce the number of simultaneously supported input axis.

In release version everything is OK. Apart from the lack of support TrackIR by game..

PS Sorry for my Eng.
    • Up x 2
  2. planitsider

+1 frome me
  3. Skaich

4. Marder

5. ShadowAquilaX

Wait, are you saying the aircraft should turn when you use cockpit look?
    I haven't noticed any major shifts in flight trajectory unless I initiate it with the yaw, throttle and vertical thrust keys. Since my pitch and roll is my mouse, it makes more sense for me to not have them make the aircraft move while I'm looking around.
    I'll do a little thorough testing later when I get on, but I think it's working as intended.
    From what I can tell in the video, the movement you are experiencing while looking is mostly the momentum or inertia of the aircraft or yaw adjustments.
    The aircraft shouldn't roll or pitch while you are looking around it can and will cause people to crash. and then we'll never hear the end of it on the forums.
    I could be mistaken though.
  6. Mechlord

This is the current behaviour of freelook, in both live and test client. There is a bug, but it is consistent across both versions.
  7. ShadowAquilaX

It looks like pitch is affected when you free look up. Again I'll look more into this when I get home. I'm really curious about this because I never noticed this in the Live servers, and fly quite a bit.
  8. Mechlord

More that free look is affected when you pitch up. Pitching in the video is only done with keybinds and should not be affecting cockpit freelook.
  9. ShadowAquilaX

mhhh...I see. But if this is the case on the Test server, how come it's affecting people in the Live server? I would imagine that it's something that would have been fixed a long time ago.
  10. Mechlord

Freelook's interaction with pitch/roll keybinds has been a longstanding issue. Initially, in tech test, using freelook blocked all pitch/roll keybind input. This was changed (beta-ish) so the keybinds caused both pitching/rolling and cockpit looking. Finally, this was changed to its current state (near release), where roll keybinds only roll but pitch keybinds also cause vertical cockpit freelook aiming.

It's not an issue many players experience or care about (possibly due to it being near unusable in its current state), so it has not yet been fixed.
  11. ShadowAquilaX

ahh...I see. Soo...how 'bout them Yankees? lol...
  12. Skaich

Of course not)
    Pilot removes his hands from the controls of aircraft .. Takes his head by both hands and runs his head / view.
    Then he look back to the center and then he can see again the control handles of the airplane, and manage. But not simultaneously))

I think on this planet was an epidemic which struck the neck nerves. That's why no one can turn his head.))

In aircraft apparently was a special system that receives commands from biocurrents and through drive rotating helmet with a head. Though with a noticeable delay. But it is probably broken .. Now only manually. Or watch or fly.

Btw, I did not use the freelook. TrackIR axis assigned to each direction of view.
  13. ShadowAquilaX

Yeah I get it. MechLord helped me understand what you were saying. You are right it is a bug. But for my outfit member and myself we don't experience the problem because we got used to using freelook toggle + mouse movement to turn the camera.