People got 60+ BR levels in certs this update.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunfox, Apr 10, 2013.

1. gunfox

People here frequently report that they got 27k and more Certs on every of their toons this update, from multiple bought NS weaponry. 27k Certs is about 65, SIXTY FIVE Battleranks worth of XP, and people got it on ALL THEIR CHARS, for CASH!

I've read numbers up to 91k, not sure if that's legit though. But 91k is MORE THAN BR100, bought with money.
    Certs make your characters stronger!
    This IS PAY2WIN! SOE, you need to rollback this!

You just majorly screwed over everyone that sticks to his faction, and not the one that's strongest atm! You negated all their invested time like it's worth nothing, or a few spent dollars on every char.

People got several WEEKS of INGAME TIME for money!
    • Up x 7
  2. RomulusX

:eek:
    • Up x 2
  3. Mr. Troffleops

Oh, grow up.
    • Up x 9
  4. MilitiaMan

These people also spent RL money trying to support this game further, it's kind of like a thank you for the support. Though 27k seems a bit much, maybe a bug.

Was this update today or something?
    • Up x 4
  5. Loegi

If it's a thank you, why did only they get it? And it depends on how much you bought double. And yes, it was the latest patch that did this, so today.
    • Up x 1
  6. gunfox

And now? People who stick to one faction and one character also spend money. They don't get these insane amounts of certs though!

Thanking faction hoppers with hundreds and thousands ingame hours in certs is definitely not the way to go!
    • Up x 2
  7. Codeak

the hell are you talking about OP some proof or pictures would be smart
    • Up x 4
  8. AngryPlayer

I'm 12 and what is this? I don't even.
    • Up x 2
  9. nella

A lot of people claim they got over 10k certs after the patch. If true, which I'm sure it is, it's absolutely gamebreaking. I imagine they're gonna have to make a rollback, which will piss people off who played today.
    • Up x 3
  10. gunfox

11. MilitiaMan

Well, I believe the sentiment of the people such as myself saying we felt betrayed about not getting anything in return had been told to "DEAL WITH IT!".

So in response....

DEAL WITH IT!

SIR SMEDLEY HAS SPOKEN!
    • Up x 2
  12. SgtScum

• Up x 1
  13. Morpholine

In one of the other two hundred threads on this issue, several have stated they received certs and only have one character.

I received 4,000 or so on all four of my characters, and I definitely never purchased multiple items on multiple characters. Everything has been on the single main character.

That said, is anyone really surprised that SOE made some mistakes in the implementation? At least with this set of mistakes, the only ones really pissed are those who have sworn to continue to play on what is essentially everyone else's dime. For the rest it's a nice little gift wrapped up in a pretty bow.
  14. Hague

Okay, so someone bought multiple NS weapons with cash and now they have weapons they have to cert to add attachments to on each one of their toons, all of which can only be played one-at-a-time, which didn't actually increase their battle-rank, stats or certs in any meaningful way other than give them access to a gun which is arguably equal to other weapons (assuming balance)

I'm not entirely sure why you're angry... You certainly don't have a logical reason so it must be emotional. Are you jealous of people who spend money on a F2P game?
  15. HellasVagabond

I got a huge number of XP.....900xp to be exact.....GAME BREAKING :eek:
  16. nella

17. Deronok

If they have duplicates of the same weapon, then it's obvious they were buying/playing the same faction.

Just.. lol.
  18. DaninTexas

This should be the default response for about 95% of the threads here
    • Up x 6
  19. MilitiaMan

Well, I talked to Smedley about this awhile ago and was told to stay quiet till they released their idea for a refund but since this seems to be the released information.

He said that a "very small amount" of people had purchased multiple items on each faction, and by small I am assuming probably less then 100 or so people did what I did.
  20. gunfox

I'm talking about all faction weapons?
    Faction hoppers should not be rewarded with hundreds of ingame hours worth of XP!