[BWC] Operation Art of War

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Expediter, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Phaedo

Actually sir, the NC are the last faction who should be criticizing on ghost capping. They have a consistent 24/7 ghost cap of Esamir and Amerish, and lets not forget the "Super Bowl Sunday Indar Lock" where they locked Indar, with 80% population, while everyone else was watching the super bowl. So saying that we don't defend territories, we most certainly do. However, there isn't much to defend with 100-200 people defending a 500 man zerg. And of course the TR stay to defend it. I mean lets be real. Its the only thing, really, that is fought over at this moment, and it is great xp.

I'm in no way saying "boo TR you suck". I'm glad Indar has finally been locked. it was driving my OCD crazy seeing two locks and one neutral for the past 3 months. and I could honestly care less who has a continent lock. It means literally nothing at this point in time. Holding indar was always so stressful because you never wanted to reach that humiliation of failure when you loose your lock. however, it is inevitable, and I love not having to worry about it.

And I'm not criticizing any one in particular. I'm just saying the cont. lock is not as impressive as it could have been, and so results in a lack of respect. If there was a monstrous fight back and forth for hours that resulted in a TR lock I would have no problem being called "bad bad bad" in /yell because, yes we did fail in holding off the TR. But we didn't. because everyone was sleeping. it was just one big cont. steam roll, by the oh-so-typical TR zerg-fest. So holding it over our heads like "see how we're better than you?" is just silly because if by "better than you" the TR means "outnumbering you" than they're not better there is just more of them.

speaking of "more of them", this NC overpopulation is ridiculous. First "Total Domination" alert victory on the server.
  2. Firefly

I see you. I see you typing, wanting to try hard. So keep running your suck, talking a big game. Fact is, my outfit has some of the top people. But hey I don't wanna take away from your blowhard attitude. Good job, you killed some of my people. But really, I mean big deal. This is a video game. People die. People kill. What's your point?

So I tell you what. We'll be on, in force, publicly declaring our intent. Come prove us wrong so you can back up all the BS that your mouth is spilling.

See you on the battlefield, kid.
    • Up x 1
  3. Phaedo

Well..................... we are almost exactly Identical in our stats:

NoNonsenseGamers
    Black Widow Company

A little friendly competition never hurts, but lets not get too carried away :D

I believe we can all kill each other in peace... so to speak.
  4. Broadside

Speaking of friendly competition, I enjoyed VS and NC teaming up to try to take Indar from us tonight and STILL not getting it done.
  5. Cyridius

If you want the true hilarity it starts at 8:30.
  6. Karzi

Trololo yes you are right Mr 0.5 kdr br 48 , 77 score points per minute with 2 days more game time than me , how could i not see that you the well know fox reinhold knows how an A game looks like , damn i was so blind.

btw you have been added to the farm list ...

-Harvester
  7. Phaedo

True. We didn't get it done. You are correct. Was just unlucky in the zone overloads but that result, to that many people, in one hex is unaviodable. But regardless of the unlucky-ness of the restart, or the holdup in skydock. Tthe fact is yes, we lost, but it was the most fun we've had on Indar in a very long time. and that is a victory for all the Mattherson community. More so the TR, but still. Those attempted VS + NC gal/lib crashes were hilarious.

It was fun as hell and thanks for the good fight!
    Heard you guys had an epic tug of war with the NC at Jaegers on Esamir too.
  8. Pat Cleburne

You do realize that the VS and NC outpop the TR on Mattherson almost every day right? The NC population advantage as you mentioned is to a point where it just makes you shake your head when you log on.

So ridiculing the TR for "ghost capping" a continent when TR have the lowest pop on the server by a wide margin day in and day out, is kinda silly.
  9. Phaedo

I actually I'm pretty sure on Mattherson the VS is the most underpopulated faction. we average 29-32% server pop during prime time. where as the TR is around 32-34% and the NC is usually around the 36-38% area. If you can find an un-altered graph proving the TR is more underpopulated than the VS then sure I'll totally go for it with zero argument. But I'm pretty sure no such chart exists. I would love to be proved wrong though. Sick of being the most underpopulated : /

And if it came off as "me ridiculing your faction for ghost capping", that's not how I meant to sound, and so I apologize.
    I was just mentioning that holding the Indar cap above our heads isn't as insulting as it could be if there was actually a fight over the continent. not a mere 2 NC, 1 VS and 5+ TR platoon steam roll.

Locking the Indar continent is such a difficult task to do during prime time. I know, we've only done it once but it can still be done and I will totally jump on the bandwagon of how the [ insert Conquering faction here] is better than the other two. but capping it at 4am while no one is there is... well... doesn't really hold any "brag-able weight".. if that makes any sense. Like there isn't really any meaning behind the bragging could maybe be a better way to put it.

Does it bother you at all that it takes an empty continent in order for you to lock it? Don't you want that same "**** YEAH we just kicked serious ***" feeling? I mean this in no disrespectful, or judging, or faction-hating way. (Just wanted to clear that first as text has no emotion.) its just a question to the reader's (no one in particular. just who ever is reading this) sense of accomplishment. We ( the VS) felt awesome after locking it that one time back in January during prime time. Sure it was most likely due to our slight tank imbalance, and sure it was a very short lived capture as we only had it for several hours. Logged on the next morning and it was neutral again.) Or are you guys seriously proud of having to ghost cap Indar in-order to lock it? Because judging from your videos you guys pride yourselves on kicking *** and you do it very well but I would honestly be a little surprised if it doesn't bother you that it has come to only be attainable through ghost capping.

Because it bugs the absolute **** out of us if we have to ghost cap anything.
    Hopefully the Hex-lattice will fix all of our problems :)

This. A million times this. These faction imbalances need to be examined closer by SOE. There has to be some reason it is getting so out of hand. on ALL the servers. Not just Mattherson.
  10. Fox Reinhold

...what? I sort of wish I could respond but... I can't read that. You can't even type... why would I fear you?

As I said before though *pats on back* you'll learn one day, it'll be okay. :) One day you'll be able to cap a continent without outnumbering the competition 8 to 1 eventually.

To the rest of BWC who aren't so hilariously easy to make jerk each other off, good luck and have fun. :) I unfortunately will be in NYC until after the weekend or else I'd be happy to clash with BWC head to head, or even plan a battle over a contested territory. If you recall, BWC and NNG were together helping out with Gamepocalypse 2013 ( http://the-bwc.com/gamepocalypse-event/ ) for which I was a leader and broadcasted live as a commentator, so I actually have no problem with you guys. if anything for helping with the event, you have my undying love and respect. I took the event cause to heart for various reasons :). However, when I see threads of this nature I smile, because it's just too easy to get the ultra patriots riled up, checking stats, and spitting out stuff no one can understand like above.

Anyway, hope you guys have fun and see you around.

And seriously Karzi, stats are misleading. As an almost dedicated medic, I'm frequently in a support role. This means I help others get higher K/Ds and such, and I'm okay with that. And let's not forget score per hour is tempered by boosts, membership, and such of which I have none.
  11. Firefly

I have no issue with this. I believe in good sportsmanship. However, your member came into our thread talking a lot of smack, so what did you expect to happen? We put the meat before the metal, win or lose, every time. I'm not interested in a flame war, but I will defend my outfit from attacks like this. Your guy tries to talk smack about being in a tank against infantry. That's a no-brainer, and it happens to everyone regardless of outfit or faction. He neglects to mention that two minutes later he gets owned after his tank dies and he tries to shotgun and grenade them (and fails). In the interest of being a good sport I didn't bring this up. Oops, was that my outloud voice?

Last night, it was. I was leading the op. One of the best fights I've had, to date, in this game. The NC put up a helluva fight, pushed us back to Jaeger's Fist. Pushed 'em back, got pushed back ourselves. Two hours of that. It was amazing. They did a great job.

Looking forward to finding you guys on the battlefield tonight. I'm addicted to good fights.
    • Up x 1
  12. Mr. Troffleops

*edit* Nm. Not worth it. Carry on. :)

Best of luck to BWC! Hope to see you guys out in force tonight, love fighting shoulder to shoulder with the best.
    • Up x 1
  13. Phaedo

-EDIT-
    I am aware and that is why I came into this thread. I do not want any animosity between our outfits. There is already enough hate being spewed on Mattherson. we don't need to add any more. Not here on the forums, not in game. I just want to make sure we all get along :)
  14. Firefly

Absolutely understood. I have much love for every single outfit on Mattherson. The level of rapport and camaraderie, even between "enemies" is awesome. I have no issue with you or your outfit, I just want to make that clear.
    • Up x 1
  15. Linedan

BWC isn't one of the biggest outfits on Mattherson, but they punch above their weight. Anytime SMG runs into you guys, we know it's going to be a good fight and we try like hell to give one back.
  16. Phaedo

Good to hear!! You guys are awesome. See you on Auraxis!! :D
  17. Sebyos

The only good TR outfit +1.
  18. Expediter

Can't blame our guys for the passion they show for BWC, same as your guys do for the outfit they play in. Our guys put a lot of time in to make sure we don't just blend into the congo-line-of-death. Can't wait to see you guys in a few hours:cool:
  19. Pat Cleburne

Actually, VS is a little bit more populated than TR most days, and there are charts that show faction activity that validate that. Don't get it twisted, VS isn't much above TR in terms of population. NC generally destroys both our factions with numbers.

That said, I don't have a dog in the fight for the past two weeks because I've been in Germany. I'm just pointing out that TR is usually the lowest population faction on Mattherson and most of the gripes against the TR capping indar seem to be because we did it when we weren't the lowest for a change.
  20. Pyro Force

Partially this. It doesn't matter who has the Indar lock, it's led to the biggest battles we've had on ANY server. May have been the buggiest, laggiest, and most FUBAR'd, but they were definitely the most memorable. I do have to disagree with it meaning nothing, however. There's been no real metagame OTHER than trying to cap Indar since launch, with the alerts being more of a side show to keep the zerg entertained. And judging by the fact the NC and VS were willing to stand side by side to attempt to retake it suggests that it certainly means something to you guys as well. What are people more likely to remember, the battles during the alert that got Indar capped, or the battles we've had trying to neutralize it?

Additionally, I think the stress is awesome for the game. There's actually a reason to try now; everything seems to take on a much more desperate tenor. Normally people would just go "eff this, off to Esamir", but now there are some great last stands and late saves. The game seems much more intense, and that's always a good thing.

The big reason it's getting thrown in the NC and VS's faces (other than standard Mattherson trolltasticness) is that it could have been. ****, it SHOULD have been. It wasn't for a lack of people on the server; they just all abandoned ship at the start of the alert (because lul, easy certz!) Everyone should have known with as far as we had pushed up to that point that we would keep on trucking. It's a convenient excuse, and made worse by the fact that they still almost lost the alert to the TR afterwords. People can belittle it all they want; the reason it was a "ghost cap" ultimately lies with the NC and VS. As for the outnumbering bit, that's the NC's role atm. :p

Edit: Too civil. Go die in a fire, heretic. ;) (Also, formating)