[VS] Deathwatch Gaming - Tactical Teamplay [DWG]

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by cassan0va, Aug 21, 2012.

1. cassan0va

This man speaks the truth, we do our best to try and avoid Indar and Zergs ^^
  2. FallenEncore

Had a nice litle skirmish with you guys on Esamir last night, was alot of fun! :) wp
  3. PeaSum

But... but... the crown! D:
  4. cassan0va

Yeah that was really fun fight:D
  5. cassan0va

Amazing fight with brtd at rashnu, awesome fight with synd at zurvan and a heavily outnumbered fight vs pcg at crimson
  6. Xasapis

Still holding our homeland too I hope. Was hairy yesterday night and would have been very very bad if we weren't saved by the alert hehe. We may not have numbers to win alerts, but we do still hold what we consider important.
  7. cassan0va

Havnt had time to see if we still have it
  8. Yawnn

U vanu guys got good. Tbh, I'd say that VS is the best faction on Miller atm
  9. cassan0va

For some reason coming from you that comment feels odd:)
  10. Yawnn

Well it's the truth, TR got their ***** kicked all night long last night.

So I slagged them off as much as I do to any other faction or outfit that performs bad

Political correctness will never be my thing
  11. Dictatorfish

I had a brief conversation with Banelos (DWG) last night about this. Having been in both VS and TR, the way I see things is this:

The VS are full of outfits who want to be "elite". VC, ISK, DWG... The TR? They have the aptly named "INI Elite" and that's literally the only outfit I can think of off the top of my head. The TR outfits in general have this desire to appear newbie friendly and casual. I want eventual esports and I joined SoV because they had the closest thing to that going, but even their officers openly state that they "don't want to appear too "hardcore" in case they scare off the casual players" (their words).

The overall goal and atmosphere set by an outfit ultimately determines how their members play. Because of these differences in attitudes, I find the VS players are more likely to fight with the aim to win, while TR players are more likely to fight with the aim to farm exp and certs, with no regard for winning at all. I find they often try to prolong a fight to keep the farm going. I found less of this when I was VS.

Example: who holds a completely cutoff and isolated Crown more often than any other faction on Miller?
  12. Pella

That's TRAM for you. And why we stay clear of anything todo with them. /Yell TRAM!!! after swamping 5 Platoons on the bastion, against 1 squad.

We only appear to be "Elite" Because we have it in our outfit name :p

But as an outfit. Our door is open to anyone that thinks they can keep up with our playstyle. After 2 weeks on trial its decided if that player fits into the outfit. And we are harsh on new members that die in stupid ways. Like outside a enemy spawn room ect.

Our end goal is to compete at the top level of the Esports. But with it being Platoon v Platoon we may seek other outfits with a similar mindset to make the numbers up. As we are roughly 12/15 guys online.

VS wise, I fully agree with your words on those outfits. And DWG bring there A game all the time.
  13. Xasapis

Well, I'm consistently terrible, that's for sure.
  14. Ulysees

I think one of the issues is the F2P model means that people are not really invested in PS2 and I am still undecided if it's a good or a bad model for the game to be honest. WASP have had some really awsome players who have joined, played for a month then quit. They may have swapped factions but since I joined WASP I cannot recall ever having someone leave us to join another NC outfit or come across them again on the server so in my eyes that means that the way we play the game in WASP is more right than wrong in terms of people enjoying themselves with us but there is no real reason to keep playing bar our hardcore dedicated players who love the game for what PS2 is and how we play that game in WASP.

If you then market yourself as an "elite" outfit I can only imagine the difficulties you will have in sustaining enough membership to be an outfit that can make a decisive contribution on the battlefield when you play because the game is a combined arms game and as good as you may be if you face a half competant outfit playing combined arms then numbers>skill and before long people start ******** about the imbalance of vehichles when really it's an imbalance of playstyles, at least in my eyes.

It's very hard to find the balance between an outfit that plays the game to a good standard and maintaining enough players to feel like you make a difference in the field which encourages people to keep on playing with you and if you are not casual friendly then you are very susceptable to people getting tired and leaving the game thus making it even harder for you to let your outfit feel like they make a difference when you take to the field.

I thought WASP were in real trouble a couple of months ago, we were down to around a squad of players on each night which means you don't play combined arms or you run with the zerg and that's not a playstyle we enjoy, things have stabilised now though with our core group of players being around 2 squads worth and now recruits we get are less likely to be new people trying the game out and if they pass probation they are sticking around to play with us but it's still a case that the game needs objectives, preferrably something that outfit squad/platoon leaders can set that offer rewards to people, even if it's only setting base cap/defence objectives and if you succeed in a certain time level you get an XP reward for doing so, anything that gives a point to the same battles we keep fighting night in night out.

Oh and bump for a fine Vanu outfit, if purple spandex and lazers are your thing then DWG is the sensible choice!
  15. VSMars

No idea about "wanting to be elite", but from personal observation FU, OCB and MM are the kind of outfits which won't give up a fight just because there are better certs to be had somewhere else. You might want to check those out if you want to stick with TR.
  16. Pella

We maintain a core of about 12 People. That have played since beta. Obviously you get people that take a break which is fine. But we have had a full squad minimum each night since beta. We could go nuts and recruit anyone but in the long run thats bad for any outfit.

People in INI log on each night knowing they are going to have fun and kick **** if you know what i mean. As the squad leader its down to me to pick fights that will be interesting. And keep us together to be effective. And most of all keep people motivated to play.

Last night for example. We had a full squad on at like 12am on a week night which is more than some of the massive outfits could pull.

Having a active core of players. And and active squad leaders is key. Also a big part is player negativity. People moaning about dieing, Or OP weapons, And how rubbish PS2 is are told to move along, And keep it to themselves because we don't care.

And sorry for the Hijack of the thread. Its an intresting topic. Which beats the rubbish talked on the other threads. But FREE bump's i suppose.
  17. Dictatorfish

To be fair, this board is as close to server specific forums SOE will give us. And I'm sure Arch appreciates the bumps. =]

In the mean time, until SOE actually have some decent esports arranged in EU, I think outfits are going to continue having problems with recruiting dedicated players. Until then, casuals, soloists and farmers will continue to far outnumber those waiting for some competitive action.
  18. Pella

Its confrmed its going to be a world wide outfit ladder. No EU. I have the feeling its going to just cater for the big outfits.
  19. cassan0va

Yeah we're in kinda the same position but that doesnt mean we are interested in merging with any vanu outfit out there, that kinda kills the point.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the MLG because i cant see many outfits being able to compete with same 48 people each time.
  20. cassan0va

Wouldnt say that we play to win, more like play to evolve.

Our goal with each fight is to learn something from it and adapt rather than just cash in certs.