So...when did the NC make a comeback?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OffRyno, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Bankrotas

Depends, if you like CQC or not, if you do, Saw is really crap.

Best how?
  2. Robes

40%+ NC population on most servers, yeah something they have makes them the best, you figure it out.
  3. Bankrotas

Sound I guess, NC guns don't sound like pea or water shooters.
  4. Ganelon

Remember the flinch mechanic that bothered NC so much? They altered it so that flinch is adjusted based on damage. How harder the hit, the worse the flinch get. Now imagine getting sniped by a Gauss SAW.
  5. warmachine1

Gauss SAW is lowest DPS LMG we have, maybe even from all factions, ppl use it as battlerifle because BRs as they are sucks hard.
  6. Bankrotas

So, snipe them back, you know, with snipers. Honestly, flinch mostly wasn't an issue for me, since I knew, how to compensate for it a bit.
    Saw isn't a great gun anyways for useful ranges anyways. Bases are place for infantry battles, outside you should be sniped by snipers and wiped the floor with by vehicles.
    Also your T9 carv and MSR-W are 300 more dps and less TTK than best TTK lmg from NC. Any day I'd trade my Saw for you carv.
  7. OffRyno

So, do people consider this an unfair advantage on the part of the NC?
  8. Ganelon

Flinch isn't based on DPS, it's based on damage per bullet. And sniping competent Gauss SAW users is tough because of the aforementioned flinch mechanic plus the fact that the Gauss SAW doesn't have the swaying effect that sniper rifles do.

Unfair advantage for everyone who inflicts it. It was unfair when VS and TR had it as advantage versus NC, but SOE shouldn't have turned it around and give NC that edge versus VS and TR.
  9. OffRyno

Having unique qualities for each faction and their gear would be sort of negated if everything was on an even level though, wouldn't it?

I'm not a shooter nut, so perhaps I'm thinking too much in RPG terms, but the point of having variety is so one thing counters another, and so on.

Unless there's another gun that is a blatant counter to the SAW's power and flinch advantage, I can see your point. But I imagine a rapid-fire weapons would have the advantage at close range, yes?
  10. Marked4Death

IMHO its a mix of nerfs / buffs and erosion of faction edge.

Nerfs: Mag (was a huge nerf in relative terms, as the other MBT's were buffed a lot) though it's been de-nerfed a little now. Prowler, no longer just flat out better out of the box at infantry farming. TR has had a few infantry wep nerfs. VS Scythe nose guns were nerfed.

Buffs: Well, the SAW was buffed, flinch buffed other low ROF weps, the airhammer was buffed to be simply the best thing you can strap to an ESF, the Vanny is uniquely good at anti air. Getting the Phoenix didn't hurt NC pops either.

Erosion: NC infantry weapons favour range, VS and TR have more CQ oriented weapons. Now that everyone gets SMG's and shotguns, NC is equal in CQ and still best at range.

The scatmax nerf could have dropped NC numbers a little, but now alerts have pushed NC pops up again (overall) I'd suspect that on the few servers were NC are outnumbered they might have dropped since alerts.
    • Up x 1
  11. pnkdth

Why would we use it as a battle rifle?

Stop talking about DPS as if it matters in this game. You got the best ADS COF in the game and while it has a big kick you can compensate for recoil. Put a reflex sight, comp, and adv grip, and go to town. It is brutal. Just stop talking about the NC6 SAW as some unruly beast which is hard to master. It isn't.

The sad part though is that people seem to have switched gear and now claim NC weapons are totally OP and bla bla bla. They're not. They're good but not OP. All weapons, in my experience, hurts like hell when you're the receiving end. That's just how this game is due to the overall low TTK.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ganelon

I could have argued the same way back when we had that flinch advantage, it was on our side first, mind.
    The close range advantage because of higher rof is negated because everyone and their mom uses shotguns anyway. If not, I spend most of my time admiring the ceiling because a NC just shot me with his 167 bullet damage weapon.

NC have been whining for months that low rof/high damage was a disadvantage for CQC, now every TR HA can't spend his money fast enough to get their hands on the TMG-50 (a 167 damage weapon with the 2nd lowest ROF for its tier).
  13. Caydn

all vanu lies
  14. Pemtaphalon

I miss the "NC UP" days to be honest, I get so depressed when I come on the forums and see all this NC hate, not saying I want the VS to get all the hate again, I stuck up for them, but back then the forums where much more constructive, "the Mag is OP, maybe it should do this" "no that will kill it, it needs this" now it's just "Not fighting the NC anymore" (there is a thread titled something similar ATM) I keep saying that before the ESL's were introduced we had achieved a state of balance that the game hadn't seen for ages. and it was good, then after...GU5 I think it all went downhill and NC become the subject of hate...I'm guessing TR will be next
  15. Bankrotas

Wait what? TMG-50 RPM 577, SAW - 500, Why are you lying?
    • Up x 1
  16. ClubberLaing

Agreed the gauss saw is a beast of a weapon when its certed. When i dabble NC i run SAW and it has yet to disappoint.
  17. Ganelon

Oh wait, nvm. Was meaning to say that it had one of the lowest rofs for 167 damage LMG's, Gauss SAW just keeps popping up in my head.

Already there mate, I see lots of people with NC avatars whining about TR, be it the Mossy, Prowler or MAX. Meanwhile, TR have the least characters across the board and have a declining population in a great deal of the servers.
  18. Bankrotas

Only 2 lmgs have 600 rpm with 167 damage :EM6 and Anchor, anchor is CQC orientated, while EM6 is multiorientated, and I have no idea, why noone cries about this one more honestly, it's way better than Saw.
    Other 600 rpm are Gauss rifle and carbine standart and burst versions and TR AR, VS are shafted actually having lower than 577 rpm and NC actually have one lower rpm than 577. TMG-50 is basically a Gauss Saw S atm.
    While NC has something like that, we don't have lmg even near 700 rpm. So why would you should have a 200 dmg gun? Why there should be any guns at all shared by factions, I do not understand.
    Nor NC should have GD-7F and GR-22, nor you TR should have a TMG-50 or SABR-13
  19. Ganelon

NC will be hurt the most by this suggestion, as your arsenal is the most varied. You have a Carbine with a higher ROF than any of our Carbines and a LMG with 200 damage (and everything inbetween). We don't have a 200 damage gun, as far as I'm aware of.
    • Up x 2
  20. HadesR

Thought it was the TR ship they jumped after the Prowler HE nerf's ? They had already jump from VS > TR after the magspider balance