Is it just me or did they screw the Piston?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Turiel =RL=, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Turiel =RL=

There is this cone of fire circle and whenever you move it baloons up so you can't hit anything with authority unless you either stand still or crouch. I am losing fights now that seem to be impossible to lose. Initiative, shooting first almost from point blank range and still getting screwed is no fun.

Well, I understand that SoE needs to sell new weapons every 2 weeks, but this is kinda strange, because there is no replacement on the market. I'd understand it if they screw the Piston and sell me the same thing again under another name, but there is nothing available.
  2. Nocturnal7x

Yea, I have not gotten to use my piston since the change, but its definitely ****tier from VR testing. The claw is hands down better.

Also, the piston is no longer auto, it fires exactly the same speed as the sweeper, and the sweeper has 2 more shells. These devs have no idea how to balance a gun.
  3. Zaik

it always worked that way, the circle is just finally starting to tell you how awful the piston always was.
  4. Nocturnal7x

But it wasn't awful, it was the best shotgun until the pumps came along.
  5. Zaik

too random, the spread is awful and cone of fire is a joke as everyone else can finally see now. it was only good for blundering your way behind people accidentally or dropping down from nowhere as light assault the same way they use pump shotguns now.
  6. KlyptoK

Were we using the same gun?
  7. Pikachu

All shotguns screwed. Especially those carried in 1 hand.
  8. Turiel =RL=

Ok, it takes at least 3 hits to kill someone now. At the same time, the cone of fire on full auto moves to about 3 feet (1m) from your target. This means you are shooting all over the place not hitting anything. My K/D went from 2.2 to 0.38 with this weapon. I think this business model has no future and it is time to quit this game, because this will happen again and again and again.
  9. Kronic

Good. An automatic shotgun should be by far the worst. 0 skill needed.
  10. Pemtaphalon

I only baught my piston a few weeks ago, it was awesome, I didn't like the other shotguns I tested them all in the VR and the piston just "felt right" for me, went around light assaulting, jumping behind people, baiting people to attack me then disappearing only to appear above them when they were reloading, it was awesome, I never got any one shot kills against any full health guys, but that was fine, I thought that was the point, faster shots for les damage.

Now however the gu has become rather unwieldy, it can still be used, but this new reticule system just distracts me more then anything, I am too scared to fire the damn thing in case I miss and the reticule tells me "good luck hitting anything" I knew the shotgun nerfs were coming, but this reticule thing seems to be the reason I find it difficult now, perhaps it's a reverse placebo effect, I now have this huge circle that makes me think "well, I'll not be hitting anything now unless I stand still and crouch" revert the reticule (leave the actual changes) and I don't think there will be a problem...

I use the GD Blitz now as an infiltrator FYI...
  11. Jezs

If you completely miss one of them maybe.

Kinda offtopic: I want that reticle on all my weapons, you can actually see it :eek:
  12. Razzyman

CoF on the piston is the same as it was previously, the reticule was only changed to properly reflect the CoF. Your CoF (according to the patch notes) has stayed the same, its just you can see that change now (again maybe there was a :eek: nerf to CoF but they would probably tell us if theyhad). Now, your maximum damage was reduced from 143 to 134 and minimum damage reduced by 50, your RoF has been decreased, short reload takes longer, and you return from recoil slower now. Heh, looking at it your CoF is one of the few things not changed :p. It's likely a part placebo effect combined with the damage nerf that's causing your issues, the reticule just happens to be the first thing we notice.

I found myself much less effective with the Piston at ranges I used to be good at, but still very effective up close. You just have to adjust a little, it's still quite effective up close, just not as good further out, but that's how it should be.
  13. EvilPhd

Balancing...You're doing it wrong.
    [IMG]
  14. Pemtaphalon

Ah, so I thought, hopefully they will revert the reticule, it's more distracting then anything else
  15. biterwylie

The nerf of the piston was the final straw for me. They have just ruined the thing so you buy an SMG or new NS weapons. I have no faith in the future of the game or the business model. They are just nurfing things to aid the sale of new items. I got about 5000 SC and 1500 certs.....

Left a very bitter taste for me. Genuinely struggling to be bothered logging in.
  16. Turiel =RL=

Same here. I guess that's it for me. It's not that they made my favorite weapon useless - thereby stealing the money I spend to buy it - it is also that they nerfed my playstyle. I used to create close combat situations where every hit counts. This new system makes me miss shots despite the fact that my target and my mousepointer are perfectly lined up. That is ridiculous! In fact the whole recoil - CoF mechanic in this game is pure crap. Skill gets eliminated by artificial random factors and the winner is determined either by having the latest OP weapon (which will change every 2 weeks) or by using some no-recoil/aimbot from some russian hack-site.

I stuck with this game for over half a year, but it went into the wrong direction (everyone knew it) and it never made the right turn (what everyone was hoping for). This is nothing but a moneygrab that will go on and on and on and seriously, I am bored by taking Freyr, Eisa, Freyr, Eisa, Freyr and Eisa again and again and again. I am also bored by shooting people who are trying to climb up the Crown and I am bored by the unimaginative incompetent devs in this game who should have stuck to Hello Kitty Online, instead of trying to design a shooter.
    • Up x 2