Concussion grenades desperately need a counter

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VexTheRaven, Apr 5, 2013.

1. VexTheRaven

These are possibly the most poorly-designed stun-grenade style weapon I've ever seen in any game. Utter stupidity.
    • Up x 2
  2. VKhaun

Someone got killed while stunned. :eek:
    • Up x 18
  3. Purg

Need more information?

I'll assume you mean equipping something to counter them. Considering I could count on one hand how many times I've been hit with a concussion (not including my own) I doubt many people would bother equipping a counter at the expense of something else.
  4. VexTheRaven

Anything. They're just stupid as it is. All you can do is wait to die or maybe chuck a grenade and hope to hit something. Not to mention how pitiful an implementation it is to make them just slow down movement, and not even have a gradual return to normal, instead of an instant return to normal. It's like they just said "**** it, we don't want to put effort into this."
  5. vastaitku

I think they're pretty awesome and I don't even have them.
    • Up x 1
  6. VKhaun

I'm with you in concept, really. I don't like flashbangs and other CC grenades in fast paced shooters. It takes the shooter aciton out of the shooter action game. I get the idea of needing a tool to go attack entrenched players, but PS2 already fixed that problem by making cap point buildings two large rooms with four stairways in plus windows. No one defends a location anyway. If it comes to that, they just sit in the spawn shed.

Seriously Show me the place in Planetside 2 where people can be so well defended, that is tactically relevant, and you need flashbangs or stun grenades to take it.

Why are they in the game?

(inb4 cuz CoD has them...)
  7. EvilPhd

A concussion grenade that stuns you? :eek::eek::eek:
  8. ReconMarauder

The aspect of them that pisses me off the most is that they reduce your sensitivity by a set amount, and not to a set amount, so players with a low sensitivity setting are effected more than others. I can counter them pretty well by just spamming the DPI buttons on my mouse. Very cheap way of coding it.
    • Up x 3
  9. }{ellKnight

Yeah, but how would you counter me increasing my DPI to 5k+ coding wise?

I think concs are fine as it is.
  10. MiZrY

There is a counter.... kill them before they toss the grenade
  11. Serval

Flack jacket should obviously reduce their effectiveness/length by its explosion dampening %age, it doesn't have enough viable uses as it is.

Poor flak jacket.
  12. wingspan

Try taking cover from grenades instead.
  13. Devrailis

There's a better counter. You're fully weapons free while concussed (oddly enough), if you're pointing in the right direction, you can still shoot and kill the grenade thrower anyway.
  14. Kaon1311

Close eyes and put fingers in ears button so the flashbang doesn't effect you?

[IMG]

Nerf conc nades, rofl,heard it all now.
    • Up x 1
  15. Devrailis

I tell you, there's something in the water.

It's causing nerftardosis in the general population.
  16. Littleman

Concussion grenades have this weird inconsistency with me. Most of the time, they just bring my character to a crawl with no turn rate. Sometimes, however, they'll spontaneously invert my movement and aim control during the stun so that left is right, up is down, down is up, right is left. I find this gimmick much more appreciable as an effect in a first person shooter, simply because it doesn't render me a useless sitting duck, but instead makes me out to play like I'm dazed and confused instead. There's an element of counter play in the inverted controls effect.

However, I can already see the quick toggles that would be found on the internet to mitigate such effects to 0.
  17. Konfuzfanten

They are fine:

Cons:
    a) around 1/3 of the time they explode weird places, like mid air in a door way, or hit a wall but not stunning the guy standing right next to the wall.
    b) The cost 75 resouces, they aint cheap
    c) will detonate on impact: aka harder to use since you need to be in clear LOS of a room to throw it into a room.

Pros:
    a) can go through walls and really good at killing MAX's and clearing campers.
    b) will detonate on impact: ppl cant run from them.

I use it and i love it, but its mainly an anti-camper grenade. Dont camp and you will rarely get hit by a concussion nade.
    • Up x 1
  18. MadKat

Edit:
    Agree with them being fine, I use them quite often to help breach rooms on my heavy, they're a particular type of monster, and I think they're fine the way they are, like Serval said, making Flak armor reduce effectiveness (Maybe final tier armors up to 50% duration?) would be more of an incentive to slot up flak if concussion nades are really that bothersome.
  19. Eclipson

They do have a counter, you hit your self with them half the time you trhow them, putting yourself at the same disadvantage :D
    • Up x 1
  20. Pikachu

The only issue is that they go through walls, that's just funking stupid. It annoys both the user and it's target.