So the real shotgun nerf arrived today it seems.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by siddar, Apr 4, 2013.

1. siddar

That new display of expanding cone of fire for shotguns is interesting.
  2. applepienation

Doesn't work the way you might think either. The pellets still stay clustered, they just fly off somewhere in that cone.
  3. Clonecenter-resident

Correction: The center of their cluster is somewhere in that cone, they can still all fly off to one side of that center and all end up outside of the circle you see on your hud.
  4. WalrusJones

Borderlands 2 shotgun spread, I see.......

Honestly, it isn't that bad of a thing, just a thing.
  5. Mindcrime

In my humble opinion, I think its annoying as **** and completely distracting. An option to turn it off would be cool.
    • Up x 1
  6. Korimer

If it is Borderlands 2 shotgun, I have my SC for a Conference Call. Can I cert into a Bee?
  7. Zaik

it gets hilariously big if you fire off 10 rounds of auto shotgun in a row. It takes up most of your screen by the end. Same with Jackhammer on burst fire.

Really wish they'd done this for the MAXes too.

But yeah, it doesn't actually affect anything, shotguns always worked this way. We finally have the actual information available to us now though.

only if you want to cheesedick everything with gunzerker. Did they ever nerf that, or can you still solo bosses in 30 sec with two quad shotguns?
  8. Veri

If you are allowed a Bee then I am allowed may own Max Deathtrap when the going gets tough.
  9. Korimer

I only played as the Mechromancer.
  10. Dibola

Shotgun is bs now. You can't hit nada with an Uppercut now.
  11. Mekhazzio

The finally get around to adding feedback for a mechanic that's always been in the game, and is obvious on every other weapon, and people think it's a nerf. Good grief.
  12. Sian

Nova slug sniping unaffected. Still seems laughably OP.
  13. Zaik

I was gunzerker, it was a little silly. Must have soloed whatshisface >100 times trying to get a conference call, never dropped once.
  14. Teegeeack

Haven't noticed a difference. Don't use one, but they still kill me just as easily.