European Servers Down, Why Now (Official Response?)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sysagent, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Sysagent

As the label on the tin says, why are they shut down now?

All I have to say is it's a pretty bloody good job that SOE don't have any SLA's that they need to adhere to, as the service penalties would be incredible... I have never witnessed such a shower of incompetence in all my twenty odd years in the IT industry.

If you are going to produce software for the general public to use and pay for (in the majority) then test it, test it again, test it once more in a FPE environment then release it to a pilot server or general public test server, not bung it on cross your fingers and hope for the best.

I am still awaiting a response for my refund query from Sony about the XP boost that I have lost paid for time on, I raised a service ticket yesterday asking the position on this situation and have had no response, just piss poor service all over, really is.
    • Up x 6
  2. c0r3

3. Sysagent

Hello Sony,

Anyone out there in Sony's employment wish to inform one of its paying customer's why he isn't able to make use of his paid for product, seriously, I am awaiting a valid reason for yet again more downtime in the UK for the product you are charging me for, it's not a big ask is it?
    • Up x 2
  4. Snappy

They are updating severs, but then U already knew that and your not happy.

But, since you asked ... They are updating the severs to address issues.

You can always use the SOE post tracker to keep up with the latest updates.

Doing so will reveal that Josh has mentioned I'm update is imminent, he posted that hours ago.
  5. Shadowspank

Hey, SoE You have created a gem here. Please treat it like one. Sure its free, but i bet that hordes of people are paying for this and frankly i feel a bit violated =D.
    This is by far the best game that has ever seen the light of day, Comeon, pamper us.

i guess its due to all the sumsucking hackers though....
  6. Sysagent

Snappy I have no idea what they are doing as there is no official notification from Sony what is happening currently with their servers and if you mean this post:-

"Definitely see this as too annoying. Fix coming ASAP."

Can you explain to me where it mentions when the downtime will be and for how long, all it says to me is that they have possibly found something that may fix one of the many annoying things in this game, not where, when and why they are going to deploy this fix (if that is indeed the reason for this downtime in this instance)

And yes I am un-happy, very un-happy indeed, as all this downtime is costing me money, money out of my pocket that I have earned and paid for on a sub-standard service.
  7. Vargas78

Looks like its not just the euro servers this time. Obviously theyre doing another tweak. For all the servers. Hopefully it wont be down so long this time.

Ok, its fair enough to iron things out but keep us informed with realistic expectations rather than vague statements of when to expect things backs.

And make sure people who have purchased boosters or even subbed are compensated. As long as this is done adequately im sure most of us reasonable people will be reasonable and be fine with it.
    • Up x 2
  8. EDGE-SE

As a consultant in the IT Field I could´nt agree more with you. If we were to treat our customers like this, they would kick us out without a second thought! I thought we were the customers here...
    Now im not a paying customer...yet! Just tried the game for a couple of days, and can´t say it have been a pleasant ride!
    The game is awsome, but you cant knock down servers like this without posting anything on the forums about it or even a heads-up in the Launcher. Thats the least you can do!
    (Espesially when we are fighting for 2 hrs for a global goal (10K xp etc) and shut down the servers ~4 mins before the finnish! )

Get your acts together!
    /eDGe
  9. Angelina Assassini

10. Rhagnor

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/server-maintenance-04-04-2013.112620/

They did post just 10 min ago. A bit more timely post and more updates would however help sooth a ton of people. Right now I am thinking "2 hour downtime.... You mean like yesterday till 3 am or so like yesterday? ". Just post a quick 'working on it still' or if you run into weird stuff update with 'running into weird ****, this will take longer', 'yes still working on weird ****' etc.

In the mean time, I'll go have some tea :p
  11. EDGE-SE

Problem is that they post this AFTER they take down the servers. All servers are currently down for maintenance - NO ****!
    And this line is Hillarious - we'll update you with more information if necessary. - IF NECESSARY! You kidding me right...
  12. ironeddie

I also play lotro & there server maintenance happens weekly at the same time so players know when to expect it. I get emails telling me when big updates are so I know when the servers are down. Recently they broke the game for a weekend & their Facebook page, twitter & website were full of updates on progress, estimates on how long they thought servers would be down for & apologies for the inconvenience. Pretty sure people got refunds to. But basically all players were kept informed on multiple platforms so everyone knows what's going on.

With soe it's like getting blood out of a stone, they should go talk to turbine & learn a few things.
  13. Lighthor

Ok, downtime every day, no compensation.... for people who bought a lot of stuff and are premium members... it's not a very commercial way...

maybe they should give us some compensation for downtime...
  14. supernauttt

this is a public fourm, with thousands of people you really think your special and every morning when all the employees arrive to work the director says "ok everyone lets all hit the fourms and try and find and fix Sysagents problems, plan break"....if u have a problem call/email the actual tech support, and maybe it is bad idk i havnt used it, but what ur doing is just straight up ********...
  15. Dramonicous

Well well well, I had a feeling that it was a TR that wrote this post... only them can be so oblivious to the other empires problems...
    Did you think nothing was wrong when you squashed us on every single alert event? It wasnt enough that we were outnumbered to begin with, no no we had to have a super slow cap speed also. Im not sure if the TR ever suffered from it, but they sure as hell didnt have any problems on the bases I defended.

I totally agree thou that SOE should never implement a patch this big (or even small) without proper testing, preferably with a test server thats open for the public.

Heres the MASSIVE gamebreaking bug that the server went down for:
    It seems to be random but most influence levels over 50% are completely bugged and at best I would say that the cap goes as slow as a 0% influence base hack (but feels slower, near 30min on a large base). When I lead my squads then I generally always try to have more than 50% influence before hack, which really screwed us over.

Also theres the ball of lightning and the ear ****** sound that im sure you havent missed.

Aswell as some minor bugs that I hope are fixed aswell.

FYI in my last post I basically demanded a server downtime ASAP, because the game was unplayable.
  16. GimpyGotcha

To fix the issue?! I mean really... They are doing a patch so the prob wont happen again... I don't see the prob here. ALL games do this either get use to it or quit playing online games altogether it's that simple. And why is it happening atm and not some other time of day? Again it's the Same with almost Every online game cause, guess what, the devs are in America and it's 7am here IE when ppl get up and go to work. If you don't like it either, again, quit playing online games cause it's always this way and always with the EU ******** about it in Every Game OR go and build yourself a massive infrastructure, build servers, make your own dev company, hire devs, code your own game and do it all from where you are.
  17. Paulus

i just find it disappointing when the game play experience is centered around where the code originates from, we have EU based servers so why not have EU based tech teams support them? It makes little sense to make the users who are in another part of the world wait until they wake up before addressing the issue.

Thats like taking your car to the garage for its anual service and being told "i'm sorry, the Spanish who built it are in bed at present so you gotta leave it here untill tomorrow".

The situation we have at present basicly penalises the people who through no fault of thier own just happen not to be born close enough to the point of origin to be given the level of service they deserve. Unless ofcourse SOE's position is that non-US customers don't have the same right to expect to use the servers at thier peek time as the USA customers.

Day 2 of not being able to log in, i'm agast at how badly this has gone wrong.